Admin Question

-AuF- AuFRuLeR

Question

First off thank you guys. My question is..Has the idea of cooperating with XWIS to form 1 great community ever been attempted?

This is a quote from Olaf "my logic/feeling tells me that there will never be a ladder on cncnet, because they would need a new system to run a proper ladder.

dont forget you need authentication control to run a proper ladder, in xwis's case its serials, cncnet would need the same or another system."

Maybe there's another topic I'm missing but what is the future and timetable for yr/ra2 here?

Thx=)

13 answers to this question

This is a quote from Olaf "my logic/feeling tells me that there will never be a ladder on cncnet, because they would need a new system to run a proper ladder.

dont forget you need authentication control to run a proper ladder, in xwis's case its serials, cncnet would need the same or another system."

Olaf didn't say that, his #1 fan/long lost wanna-be son Tomi said that! :D

Tajh, the cncnet ladder maker guy, said (paraphrasing) that the RA2/YR ladder will be made after all the bugs have been ironed out of the TS and RA1 ladders, because the same template will be used.

Tajh, the cncnet ladder maker guy, said (paraphrasing) that the RA2/YR ladder will be made after all the bugs have been ironed out of the TS and RA1 ladders, because the same template will be used.

Woah, where are all these crazy quotes coming from?! :P

The current ladder already supports YR. Just waiting on the client to start sending results. Rampa posted his status above :)

Yes, AufRuler this was a quote by Tomi and not Olaf.

Olaf has been rather quiet about everything, especially about CNCNet/XWIS.

Besides, XWIS has literally 0 players on YR and while they have a handful of consistent excellent ra2 players, those ra2 players have no reason to come to cncnet without a ladder.

The best thing cncnet can do is get a ladder up and working and then that will recruit the few players left on XWIS, guaranteed. These players are looking for a server that offers them competition, and when the ladder arrives, the competition on CNCNet will greatly increase and people take notice of it.

It will be a great day indeed when the ladder comes for cncnet.

Woah, where are all these crazy quotes coming from?! :P

The current ladder already supports YR. Just waiting on the client to start sending results. Rampa posted his status above :)

Oh oops, I could've sworn you did. Maybe it was Funky or Grant or Rampastring :P One of you guys.

Only thing stopping the YR ladder is that we still need to reverse engineer the existing stat sending code and replace with our own written one. Right now no one has the time to do it.

Well that and figuring out what the stats are

https://github.com/CnCNet/leaderboard/commit/a74aabe252480bcef00b0a482b7bef4ba1674254

So far i have been able to only find the flags, no meanings, most will be the same as rest the games, some changed, some probably with type changes int8 or int16 etc, i'm quite sure there are a lot more tho, those are the ones i could dig up in the exe right now.

Yes, AufRuler this was a quote by Tomi and not Olaf.

Olaf has been rather quiet about everything, especially about CNCNet/XWIS.

Besides, XWIS has literally 0 players on YR and while they have a handful of consistent excellent ra2 players, those ra2 players have no reason to come to cncnet without a ladder.

The best thing cncnet can do is get a ladder up and working and then that will recruit the few players left on XWIS, guaranteed. These players are looking for a server that offers them competition, and when the ladder arrives, the competition on CNCNet will greatly increase and people take notice of it.

It will be a great day indeed when the ladder comes for cncnet.

i doubt it, first of all the players on xwis want to play ra2 not yr. ppl who want to play yr are allready playing on cncnet. since 95% (made up) of the players on cncnet play modded maps or 50k credits, crates, "no fly", "no attack first 10 minutes!" and other bullshit rules and settings i dont see how that would change once a ladder is implemented. if ppl wil be comming from xwis to cncnet because of the ladder they will still be playing the same people they did in xwis because they share the will to play the same "official" settings.

Im not sure about this but i believe this problem also dictates the RA and TS ladder. majority of ppl playing modded maps in ladder games.

If there will be a ladder there should be a map pool and fixed settings, this way players will adopt these settings. but since it will probably be a small minority asking for this i dont see it happening.

There isn't much more to be said about this than what has already been said.

RA2/YR will get it's own leaderboard once the bugs and other issues in the RA1/AM and TS/FS leaderboards have been ironed out (the serious ones at least) and the client is able to send data to the leaderboard.

Right now the TS leaderboard is split in two: One for standard maps and one for mod maps. Older games that were done on mod maps before the split have not been moved over for some reason. I guess Tahj can elaborate on that.

i doubt it, first of all the players on xwis want to play ra2 not yr. ppl who want to play yr are allready playing on cncnet. since 95% (made up) of the players on cncnet play modded maps or 50k credits, crates, "no fly", "no attack first 10 minutes!" and other bullshit rules and settings i dont see how that would change once a ladder is implemented. if ppl wil be comming from xwis to cncnet because of the ladder they will still be playing the same people they did in xwis because they share the will to play the same "official" settings.

I've seen you online on Cncnet. The reason why you are saying this is because you dont seem to know how to find the good players. I always watch you go into the newbie games (because I enjoy newbie games from time to time). You'll have to learn who's who to know where the good players are, or how to attract them.

I do agree tho -- the ladder needs to have some standardization.

I've seen you online on Cncnet. The reason why you are saying this is because you dont seem to know how to find the good players. I always watch you go into the newbie games (because I enjoy newbie games from time to time). You'll have to learn who's who to know where the good players are, or how to attract them.

I do agree tho -- the ladder needs to have some standardization.

I know there is a group of better players, i used to play with them alot on gr before they all went to cncnet. Its a small group. i doubt there are many good players on cncnet who dident play on gr or xwis before.