(Solved) Yuri's Revenge: No YR sound effects?

Techno_Man

Question

Voice clips and sound effects for vehicles that aren't the Grizzly Tank, Terror Drone or Rhino Tank as well as everything else introduced in YR seem to be completely absent when I play the game.

I've already reinstalled twice. Assistance please?

Solution: I did a fresh reinstall after uninstalling some programs, including XCC Utilities. I then extracted files from the XWIS installation and replaced them in the directory.

Edited by Techno_Man
Issue resolved, updating entry

5 answers to this question

I'm not sure I understand you; so you can hear all the RA2 unit voices and sound effects, but not the YR ones?

What are your installing from (Origin, TFD, xwis, iso)?

Make sure your sound and voice volumes aren't muted in the Options menu.

• Upvote 1

On 5/6/2017 at 9:33 AM, fir3w0rx said:

I'm not sure I understand you; so you can hear all the RA2 unit voices and sound effects, but not the YR ones?

I can hear everything that came from Red Alert 2, but tanks that didn't have original voice clips before (i.e. Grizzly voice for an IFV) don't have any now.

I'm installing from disk, and nothing is muted.

I might have to use XCC Mixer after school today to see if the sound effects work there.

Edited by Techno_Man

On 5/6/2017 at 9:33 AM, fir3w0rx said:

langmd.mix is present in the game's folder, but XCC Mixer doesn't appear to have them present either.

It sounds like a mod, or something(s) you have modified is causing this. Try installing from a different source (TFD, Origin, xwis.net). If that doesn't do it,  I suggest to backup any savegames, maps or anything you don't want to lose, uninstall both RA2 and YR then start from scratch.

How are you "installing from disk"? You can't install RA2/YR from disks anymore.