Newest update crashing game

Masterfoxify

Question

The newest release of CnCNet (The one just yesterday I believe) crashes my game. After a while in a skrimish it just randomly crashes. What I was doing when it crashed was I was moving my engineer on the 1v1 Valley map to the top of the map for the hospital and service station. I would post the string.exe file here but I am not sure how to do spoilers and it is quite long. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

6 answers to this question

Hello,

We need some additional information to help you out. In order for us to work out your issue, we will require your crash log files. Please attach it to your reply.

Finding your crash log file:

1. Navigate to your Red Alert 2 folder. This is where CnCNet is installed.
  2. Look for the folder called "Client"
  3. Inside this folder, there will be a folder named ErrorLogs, or CrashLogs, please upload the latest dated file.

14 hours ago, ArabChuckNorris said:

Hey, I have the same issue, but even worse. Can't even get the game to start anymore. Anyway I can possible uninstall the update?

The only new things in the last update are maps and no more 'alting'. I don't see how those updates could cause your game to not start anymore, unless there were more updates that weren't listed.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, fir3w0rx said:

The only new things in the last update are maps and no more 'alting'. I don't see how those updates could cause your game to not start anymore, unless there were more updates that weren't listed.

Which is why I am confused. But I used to be able to start up the game just fine before the update. My computer also automatically updates, so it might have been that instead.

EDIT: I got it working. Thanks for the help.

Edited by ArabChuckNorris

7 hours ago, ArabChuckNorris said:

Which is why I am confused. But I used to be able to start up the game just fine before the update. My computer also automatically updates, so it might have been that instead.

EDIT: I got it working. Thanks for the help.

What did you do to get it work? 

17 hours ago, Grant said:

What did you do to get it work? 

Hey,

Make sure you complete the update that your computer has done. Once you have done so, make sure you restart your computer.
If that doesn't work, try compatibility troubleshooter. To do this, right-click on Yuri's Revenge CnCNet, click on properties, click on Compatibility, and then find 'Run Compatibility troubleshooter'. 

One of these two steps fixed my problem, not sure which.
Also, when do I get to start posting without the moderators holding my hands on each post?