CnCNet Forums

Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
SSWerewolf

no sound in Red Alert 1 or Dune 2000

Question

I just done Red Alert 1 and Dune 2000 they both have no sound and I have tried tinkering with the .exe but no luck is there any fix for this?

UPDATE:

now Red Alert 2 has no sound what is going on?

Edited by SSWerewolf

1 answer to this question

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By CnCRedAlertFan
      How do I make a unit deploy like in RA2? I can't find an art.ini to tell the game which frames to use for deploy.
    • By Genio
      Hi,

is there any possibility to make the AI build and use:

1. Marine troops including ship yard
      2. Air troops (even if the human Player didnt build any air troops?
      3. Nuclear weapons?

Thank you
    • By pizzahat
      Hey everyone.  I've been working on making the switch over to Manjaro and everything is great so far.  Unfortunately, I have been unable to get CNCnet working for Red Alert. I have tried the Manjaro package and the Windows package via Wine, and I have Wine mono and about as many other Wine packages that I can think of. I am running what is pretty much a fresh install of Manjaro XFCE on an AMD A8 based laptop with 8gb of RAM and plenty of space on the SSD. These are my two problems in more detail, I appreciate any advice or direction in advance:
      1. Manjaro Package Installer: Everything seems to process correctly up until the very end. The installer hangs at "Finishing Installation... Installing .NET framework 2.0" for about a minute then it just goes away and CNCnet will not open via the program shortcut. I've run the script at the bottom of my post a few times to retry the process, but no dice.
      2. Windows .exe installer via Wine. The installation goes on without a hitch, and Red Alert is able to open successfully.  Every time I pick the "Online" option, the application crashes without an error. I've tried selecting several different resolution and rendering options.

rm -rf ~/.local/share/cncnet
    • By SVT_Mustang
      Hi guys,
      played this game for many years and have used the Cncnet client for RA1 for about 18-20 months. Recently purchased a new platform with Windows10. Same internet connection. Client loads okay but regularly I'm getting disconnected with the client showing "ping timeout". Internet settings have been re-booted, I don't have any firewall settings on at this present time but the problem persists. If I loads the client and go into the game lobby I have around a minute to get into a multiplayer game before none of my choices register with other players. Text, readying up etc etc.
      Some help would be greatly appreciated. I have removed the RA files a couple of times, tried most things but the same issue persists.
      When I do manage to get into a game, it lasts and for some reason I can hold out a game with no issues...….

Many thanks,

• By GradualyWatermelon
      When I start cncnet5.exe and let it update, the game and the spawn version don't work anymore, I get the error message "The application was unable to start correctly (0xc0000005). Click OK to close the application.", and I have reinstall to go back where I was. The game worked fine without cncnet5.exe started. My operating system is Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit.