CnCNet not working alongside Origin

matt1979

Question

HI,

SO I had downloaded Yuris Revenge and ra2 from origin.  IT was working fine with the patch I had.  I then downloaded cncnet and it messed up everything.  I tried to remove cnc net which I though I had done, uninstalled the game and downloaded again from origin.  The game will still not even open.  It says main executable has stopped working and the game wont even load. Can you please help me undo whatever this did to my game!? I just want it back to work normally

thank you

• Sad 1

7 answers to this question

Hello,

Sorry to hear this, I thought this got resolved in one of our later releases. 

Look for a file called ddraw.dll, found in the root of your game directory. That will be the only thing from CnCNet that would have caused any problems. Everything else would not interfere. 

• Like 1

Hello,

We need some additional information to help you out. In order for us to work out your issue, we will require your client.log file. Please attach it to your reply.

Finding your client.log file:

1. Navigate to your Red Alert 2 folder. This is where CnCNet is installed.
  2. Look for the folder called "Client"
  3. Inside this folder, there will be a file called client.log

1 hour ago, Atosp_2-1 said:

Its nice to see that this was never resolved. I deleted and reinstalled CandC origins and it wont work! I wish I had NEVER downloaded this software! Please help!

What error do you get?

Look if there is a file named "ddraw.dll" inside of your game folder. Delete it and try again.