"different files than host" after update

xe3

Question

After latest update I get the "player has different files from host could be cheating .... " message in lobby screen as both host and client. Tried a reinstall, still the same thing. I can still play but this could put off some ragers who already accused me of hax.

https://i.gyazo.com/c29cd4355ac9fed21e3900b5932083fb.png

Edited by xe3

8 answers to this question

1 hour ago, xe3 said:

After latest update I get the "player has different files from host could be cheating .... " message in lobby screen as both host and client. Tried a reinstall, still the same thing. I can still play but this could put off some ragers who already accused me of hax.

https://i.gyazo.com/c29cd4355ac9fed21e3900b5932083fb.png

Hello - are you on the current release - 3.5.0.5? 

Could you upload your client.log file please.

Thanks

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rampastring said:

To determine what's different we'd need a log both from you and the game host (or if you're the game host, from a player that joins your game and is shown as a possible cheater).

From the log it looks like there's Mental Omega files in the INI folder.  @xe3 do you have MO or another mod installed?

• Upvote 1

I do, uninstalled and will see if that does the trick.

Edit: no bueno, uninstall still leaves files inside YR folder. Still the same issue. Which files should I remove? Or just do a clean reinstall...

Edited by xe3

A clean reinstall would be the safest route.

If you want to play Mental Omega again in the future, be sure to follow its install instructions. It can't be installed to the same directory with CnCNet YR; instead you should create a new directory for MO, copy the required YR files (as stated on MO's readme) to that directory, and install MO there. That way you'll also leave your YR installation unaffected and can have MO and CnCNet YR installed at the same time without them conflicting with each other.

Edited by Rampastring
  • Like 1