Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
yoss

RA2 installation won't start

Question

Hi

I have an original red alert CD set (allied disk, soviet and yuri's revenge) and have a windows 7 64-bit on a PC.

When I click install from the auto-run or directly click on the setup.exe nothing happens, not even an error message.
I have tried running as administrator and with xp sp3 and 98 compatibility . No matter what I do nothing happens each time.

I read a few posts and even tried to delete and reinstall MS-KB3086255
And still nothing happens....

Can anyone help me please?

Thanks!

Edited by yoss

3 answers to this question

I know you're talking about the physical copy, and my fix it's buy a digital copy the Origin's collection, I've hold games that don't have support or work barely on Windows Vista > getting the new oficial can be the easiest solution, Sadly you only can buy the Command & Conquer™ The Ultimate Collection or you could try to talk on Origin Support and supply your CD-Key and see if they can help you, I had my case where i supply my First Decade and got the Ultimate Collection. This one way i can help you with.

Tried the guide it still wont boot up sometimes it does I click install the computer acts like it's doing something then stops idk what to do?

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By EJAMES1027144
      Hello All,
      I am brand new to this site but I hope someone can assist me.  I have just downloaded the Command and Conquer Ultimate Collection so I can start playing my favorite games again.  However I am coming a crossed an issue with the compatibility mode and what settings I need them to have.  I am getting all the audio, but none of the visual for the game.  The screen is shrinking to the size of the screen from the game from my memory, the audio like I said is there, even the large mouse courser mark is there, but the visual is not.  I'm pretty sure Red Alert 2 and Yuri's Revenge, the games I'm currently working on installing first, run on XP and Vista so I believe I have the operating system down, but not the visual settings needed.  I currently have an HP Windows 10 computer with Intel CORE i5 7th gen processor.  I don't know if that is really needed info but wanted to have it out there just in case.  Please help me so I can start playing the games I love from my younger days.  Thank you.
    • By tposegod
      I was stupid and I thought I needed a specific version for the installation for mental omega to function and installed an manual update and now I cant join any CnCnet lobbies without being flagged a cheater, it forces CnCnet to update to patch 4.27. I have tried reinstalling, new folder, turning off cloud save and uninstalling and reinstalling and Im just stuck, Any Suggestions?
      I also have a backup of red alert 2 on my USB harddrive and tried to use that even that didnt work. 
      I still got an fresh red alert 2 folder just in case.
      edit: The Version I tried to patch to was version 1.001
    • By Grant
      Frequently Asked Questions

Game Specific
      Red Alert 2 & Yuri's Revenge
      Unable to set Video Mode The updater launcher will not exit .NET Framework 3.5 and 2.0 are required, but windows 10 won't download it.  
      All games
      How do I add custom maps? I just downloaded CnCNet, or updated and my anti-virus flagged it as a virus CnCNet has been blocked by my anti-virus or is showing as a virus My game is slow, shows a black screen, or gameplay is choppy  
    • By CommandoX
      How can i put some custom maps to my YR? I know where to download them and i now i have to put the Files into the RA2/Maps/Custom folder but ingame nothing changes.
    • By JamesCaywood
      Doesnt anyone know how i can play lan  on red alert 2 ??? i click  networks and loads and goes right back to menu screen??? i though this patch would fix it but looks like it only does yuri  one