1v1 Tournament. Are you interested?

Win4ester

Hello!

As many people here know, I stream RA2 YR, sometimes playing by myself, sometimes, organising show matches and tournaments. On my account, I have two tournaments, successfuly held by me, with streaming and commentating. Now, I have an idea, to try making tournament for english speaking audience (commenting in english ofcourse).

Brief rules of the tournament:

Game tunes:

posted image

Like with russian variant, it would be runing live broadcast of games.  At first step, I build tournament brackets, and then streaming people's games. 

Tournament system - Double elimination

Matches - best of 5 (until 3 victories).

Tournament has to start in appointed Saturday, in 17:00 Moscow time. Stream would be runing for 6 hours. In previous tournament it wasnt enough, so, second part of the tournament, with final games has to be on the next day (Sunday).

However, I had bad experience with not russian speaking audience, while runing 2v2 tournament. Some people used to appoint time, and not show up. Some people had to be rushed, to play their tournament games. Also, a separate attention deserve's history about ZAIN and Legolas. ZAIN PM-ed me, asking to find him and Blazer a worthy opponent. I've taken them into the tournament, and guess what? They started to loose series, one of them started to cry, and said that they are not gonna play. GREAT!!! i should never launch the stream, to see shit like that, its not worthy of my attention, or attention of the viewers.

Another situation with GunMan, who interrupted his series twice, telling that he has to go. As I remember, it was when score was about 4:3 or 4:4. So, next time i have to launch the stream to broadcast 1-2 games? Fuck you, technical lose with no mercy.

I have to make it clear, that after such bad experience, I have doubts about helding tournament for not russian speaking, but for some reasons, I have a wish to try it.

So, I want to deal with reliable players, who will not cry after loses, play their series until the end, not wasting time by not showing up when their turn to play come. Its ok when you warn me beforehand, that you cant play right now, and asking to wait 5-10 minutes, or to get another pair playing, to win time for you. Also, its NOT ok, when you dissapearing, and nobody knows, do we have to wait for you, or to give tech lose without wasting time on you.

Ok, bad part of the topic comes to an end. For those who are interested in playing tournament, I have questions:

1) Your game Nickname:

2) Would you be able to be online for 6 hours in every day of a tournament?

3) Do you agree with starting time, or do you want to switch it? (Tell your preferred time, hopefully using Moscow timezone).

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, ZiGZaG said:

Nah hes not talking about that.

Gun_Man team was losing win4ester is right. i think your tournament wont work here cuz QM modus now. maybe ppl like marko would play it if there is some money to win. 

gl win4ester

6 minutes ago, sero said:

Gun_Man team was losing win4ester is right. i think your tournament wont work here cuz QM modus now. maybe ppl like marko would play it if there is some money to win. 

gl win4ester

hes talking about a series before between kinkys/orange vs gunman/ankarar when gunman had to  leave.

ooh you guys mean the series where i clearly said the amount of time i had before starting, and asked a few times if they are sure that they wanted to start and that we may not have time to finish?  aah yeah...i totally bailed.  shame on me for not being late to work for a video game.

and a fuck you to you too win4ester.  your weak ass would be up streaming "pro 4 v 4" but afraid to play anyone who is actually good with ur garbage ass team.  took me 2 days of asking for like a total of 6 hours to get u to man up and lose.

Also, I was definitely the most active player in that tournament.  Played by far the most series in that tournament.  But it's np....i wasted ur precious time.  I'm sorry that months later it still burns so much.

• Haha 3
  • Confused 1

your weak ass would be up streaming "pro 4 v 4" but afraid to play anyone who is actually good with ur garbage ass team.

Offended girl tryna troll me, but cant hide tears in her eyes :D

Also, I was definitely the most active player in that tournament.

Player that twice left series, letting down me and viewers, calling himself "most active player".   :confused:     Seems like you've been totally raised by woman, because you not friend of logic.

If you ask me, the most active participants were Matt and Max, true champions.

6 hours ago, Win4ester said:

Offended girl tryna troll me, but cant hide tears in her eyes :D

Player that twice left series, letting down me and viewers, calling himself "most active player".   :confused:     Seems like you've been totally raised by woman, because you not friend of logic.

If you ask me, the most active participants were Matt and Max, true champions.

If you ask me that tournament was destined to fail but it got ten times worse when you took over, this was the one i waited for 6 weeks for my games, then when they finally arrived u dq'd me after 2 days? Im pretty sure Gunman said what times he could play between, dont know how you can expect players to put their lives on hold to satisfy your 'obsession' as you described it. You'll notice this topic's been here 11 days and not a single player has signed up, most likely because of the way you ran the last one.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

The reason you had to wait 6 weeks was because it took that long for people to play a few games... to answer your question, no thank you.  I think the ladder is the new focus anyway (seems to be quite active).

A clan ladder would probably negate the need for a 2v2+ tourney.

• Upvote 2

If you ask me that tournament was destined to fail but it got ten times worse when you took over, this was the one i waited for 6 weeks for my games, then when they finally arrived u dq'd me after 2 days? 

The reason you had to wait 6 weeks was because it took that long for people to play a few games...

Ziggy, listen to Chandler, he is telling the things, that, seems like, you not capable to understand by yourself. Also, why still ofended on me for kicking from the tourament? I put you back to the brackets, evin after you started to flame me aggresively, other guy could just flame you back without evin thinking of understanding your situation...

What else do u need to stop crying, my appologises? 

Can't we all just agree none of this matters cuz max and I was just gonna whoop everyone? And Win4 took a lot of time to stream for people. Lot of ppl couldn't get on at same time, etc. Win4 tried. Other ppl tried. Shit happens - move on. This was months ago

And I don't think a 1v1 tourny is in demand because there is a QM ladder. Even tho I think tournies are better because ppl are less likely to lame when being streamed, and you don't get advantage for noob bashing and playing 200 games. But it is what is. I support clan ladder...

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Win4ester said:

Ziggy, listen to Chandler, he is telling the things, that, seems like, you not capable to understand by yourself. Also, why still ofended on me for kicking from the tourament? I put you back to the brackets, evin after you started to flame me aggresively, other guy could just flame you back without evin thinking of understanding your situation...

What else do u need to stop crying, my appologises? 

Im well aware of why i waited, Chandler was merely pointing out the obvious as per usual :P 

im not offended at all merely pointing out that in your last tournament you caused a lot of animosity to satisfy your own 'obsession' the way you handled it doesn't exactly offer incentives towards your next tournament. But yea in general QM is here now so mabye youd have better luck with a 2v2 tournament although it'll never happen all in 1 day. 

11 minutes ago, VWWWWWWWWWWW said:

Can't we all just agree none of this matters cuz max and I was just gonna whoop everyone? And Win4 took a lot of time to stream for people. Lot of ppl couldn't get on at same time, etc. Win4 tried. Other ppl tried. Shit happens - move on. This was months ago

And I don't think a 1v1 tourny is in demand because there is a QM ladder. Even tho I think tournies are better because ppl are less likely to lame when being streamed, and you don't get advantage for noob bashing and playing 200 games. But it is what is. I support clan ladder...

I hope after the QM ladder is finished a CM ladder would be next, i think a clan system would do well on cncnet.

1 hour ago, scalpem said:

theres no good clans tho whats the point in clan system

The reason there arent clans is because there isnt a clan system.  If there was one, people would likely form clans.  I'm also sure you'd see xwis clans come back to compete, just like latof, marko, and showtime are here for the 1v1 ladder. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Gun_Man said:

The reason there arent clans is because there isnt a clan system.  If there was one, people would likely form clans.  I'm also sure you'd see xwis clans come back to compete, just like latof, marko, and showtime are here for the 1v1 ladder. 

i was just firing shots at ET hah dont take me serious :P

• Haha 1

• 1 month later...