Undocumented secret in "Romanov on the run" mission

Dzierzan

Hey there!

Years ago I was playing Yuri's Revenge mission "Romanov on the run". While playing this mission, I noticed a huge pack of polar bears coming off the map from the north direction. I knew I was witnessing a secret. However I was never able to reproduce that secret. Years have passed and I've decided to come back to this topic. My first attempts of trying to produce that secret failed. Untill I finally looked into Final Alert editor and discovered there are special triggers. It appears one unit has to be exactly in a specific spot (in the attached picture, it's the halftrack in the middle of screen), wait there a moment and this will trigger the polar bears! Those teddies will shape the word "HI". It's kinda a funny secret and I am astonished how this one was out of the radar for so long. Yes, I've been trying to search everywhere whether there was any other person who found it, but I had no luck.

Ohh and these teddies are controllable :D.

Polar bears.png

Edited by Dzierzan
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, Tkragon said:

Do you guys know any other maps with such secrets? Do any of the multiplayer ones have them? :D 

I know Operation: Dark Night has Bovine that you can control, but I think most people here already knew about it.

A lot of missions have smaller or bigger secrets, like controlable T-rex in 1st YR Soviet mission (which I only discovered recently just because I watched YR speedrun). However polar bears were undocumented. I wasn't certainly the first person who found that, there was one particular comment on Youtube saying that someone found it too. But it appears I am the first who documented that.

And funny, at first I thought maybe I had the Mandela effect, just because at first I couldn't find any information about this secret, but I remembered that it was too real to be just a false memory ;).

On 6/20/2018 at 8:38 PM, Ezer_2000 said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tq4Xw4x3F9Y

Don't know why this vido got so many dislikes :(

Probably because I put the words "cheat", "hack" and "trainer" as tags in the title of the video :P. I'm guessing that the people looking for such things were dissapointed to see that the video didn't actually contain such things, while the other... straighty-180-stick-to-the-rules players thought that I was advertising "illegal" activities :D.

On 6/20/2018 at 11:38 AM, Ezer_2000 said:

There are few, for example in "Head for the hills" map you can build bunkers:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tq4Xw4x3F9Y

Don't know why this vido got so many dislikes :(

6 hours ago, fir3w0rx said:

Probably because I put the words "cheat", "hack" and "trainer" as tags in the title of the video :P. I'm guessing that the people looking for such things were dissapointed to see that the video didn't actually contain such things, while the other... straighty-180-stick-to-the-rules players thought that I was advertising "illegal" activities :D.

Map is missing the (2-4) at the end too, looks edited.