• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Sentinel12

Hotkeys for CnC 1?

Question

Hello,

I recently installed command and conquer 1 using the guide for the single player campaign setup. The game works well, except that I am unsure how to setup hotkeys for things like repairing. Is there a way to do this in the game files? Thank you!

1 answer to this question

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By chem
      1) If its a true remaster I think it would be wise to take a que from a previous game title that was in a similar situation and did a fanatic and successful job of updating a classic game without ruining it for alot of people, it was basically a big success and managed to keep everyone happy.  So it would probably  be a good idea to employ the same strategy.
      The game is called street fighter 2 and even though its not the same genre of game even, it has a lot of parallels, it was one the defining games of its genre, an older game, it had a specific feel, a specific balance which was slightly flawed, and people had invested alot of time in it and developed alot of skill on it.
      The game that remastered it was called super street fighter 2 turbo HD remix. It didn't change much but it did update the graphics so they looked the simlar but better the music which was just updated in quality and tweaked more or less,  and it kept the same feel the same physics the same balance (the balance was tweaked a tiny bit and I think that was an option you can turn on and off even for the balance like classic mode and updated mode)  and so the skillset of the players could transfer over almost directly into the new game as did the feel and the comfort zone feel/factor.
      I think they got just right they maintained a classic and everything everyone loves about it  and all the investment of time  skill and familiarity  with how the game feels was kept in. So there was no disconnect it felt like it was the same game with a graphics music balance and features boost!
      I think the same should be done with cnc1 remastered, allow bigger maps more people, an optional slightly improved balance, higher quality versions of the same music and graphics, get rid of left side and bottom advantage,  keep the same physics, feel, comfort zone, and skill investment.

2) If its a remake on a different engine I think the command and conquer 3 is a wise game to learn from it was a success because it kept everything that people love about cnc1, static base building , tiberium harvesting, basic tanks and military equipment not walkers etc basic looking military equipment all the core fundamentals that made the command and conquer  popular in the 1st place, it didn't deviate away from the proven core design, everything appealed to the majority of cnc1 fans, this second answer will annoy lots of very hard core fans  that didn't like cnc3 but they are a minority and therefore less important than the majority in my opinion, less important for profit too. I would recommend if its a remake that a lot of nostalgia is involved alot of the looks buildings feel and units are reused, and then add a bit of variety in the same style as the original command and conquer 1, so that mix of near future sci fi and current military equipment could be extended with extra units from our current military involved in the new game, perhaps deeper air and navy would be nice, for me at least it would.

I cant comment on ra1 it so fundamentally broken with infinite  money and that's where peoples skill sets and comfort zones are developed and invested,  that it seems a much harder problem to solve and a harder game to remaster perhaps infinite money should be an option or game mode that way havening 2 options can please everyone.

Kind regards, Chem

(will update for grammar in a bit)

I see don't make multiple suggestions as the advice given but this is really only 2 suggestions and I went into detail about them, I can cut out the detail but then it wouldn't make much sense and I wouldn't be able to communicate what I wanted.

• By chem
      It so annoying being mid sentence with someone then some1 messages you and you type it to them instead happens all the time. I hate it so much. Even when I click low priority for the personal message thing it still switches my typing to that box mid sentence.
      Who designed it this way?
      Is there anyway to just turn off this personal message chat function?
    • By FunkyFr3sh
      Updates
      Tiberian Sun Single-Player Campaign is now available on macOS and every Linux download.
      Red Alert Single-Player Campaign / Multiplayer downloads were merged together with Tiberian Sun into one download. 
      Downloads are now also available for Pacman-based Linux distributions (Antergos, Manjaro Linux, ...).

Downloads
      Ubuntu, Linux Mint, ...                                  cncnet_1.0_all.deb
      Fedora, openSUSE, ...                                  cncnet-1.0-2.noarch.rpm
      Manjaro, Antergos, ...                                  cncnet-1.0-1-any.pkg.tar.xz
      macOS                                                           CnCNet.dmg

Find all downloads here                            https://cncnet.org/download

You may also be interested in the following snaps made by user [email protected] 
      Red Alert (Full Game)                               https://snapcraft.io/cncra
      Tiberian Sun (Full Game)                         https://snapcraft.io/cnctsun

• By bright_hawkins
      In CNC 17 Ultimate, CNC 95 shows me a privileged exceuted memory error, Why? I have done disable all compatibility modes for all of the game executables. Win10 1803 GTX 1070 TI, all of these file version can not run. Only old 1.06c patch can run.
    • By FunkyFr3sh
      The single player campaign installer "cc95v106c_r3_u4*.exe" was not updated for Windows 8/10 yet, we're waiting for @Nyerguds to update the installer. 

Meanwhile you can update the installation manually to get the game working:

1. Download and install the game
      http://nyerguds.arsaneus-design.com/cnc95upd/cc95p106

2. Download the updated config tool and extract the files into your game folder (Use 7zip to open the archive):
      http://downloads.cncnet.org/addons/td-config.7z

3. Right click the game executable "C&C95.exe" in your game folder, go to properties->compatibility and make sure everything in there is disabled.

Note: The multiplayer installer was already updated, there is no need to manually tweak any settings in case you just want to play Online/LAN.
      https://downloads.cncnet.org/TiberianDawn_Online_installer.exe