Advanced Scripting Help

rahanozturk

Hello commenders,

I'm pretty new to editing maps. I've done my searches and see through maps scripts in txts but i couldn't able to find what i need. So I'm here to asking for your help.

What I'm looking for is an advanced scripting advice.

I've created a map like "Normandy" from "kapow". Attached both scripts.

(?) I have placed a Yuri Naval Base on sea and made it immune but c4. However, Tanya couldn't able to destroy it.
>>[YAYARD]
>>Capturable=no
>>ImmuneToPsionics=yes
>>CanC4=yes
>>Immune=yes
>>Warpable=no
>>Bombable=no
>>Strength=9999999
>>Sparky=no

(?) Then i wanted to Tanya avaible for all sides. However, tanya doesnt show up on Soviets.

>>[TANY]
>>Owner=Russians,Confederation,Africans,Arabs,YuriCountry,British,French,Germans,Americans,Alliance

(?) Also in Normany map, i've seen these codes but realy do not know what they are. Could somebody tell me how they works and meanings?

[NAIRON]
TechLevel=-1

[YAGNTC]
TechLevel=-1

[GACSPH]
TechLevel=-1

[NAMISL]
Cost=8000

[GAWEAT]
Cost=8000

[YAPPET]
Cost=8000

[YHVR]
Crusher=yes
Cost=600

[SAPC]
Crusher=yes
Cost=600

[LCRF]
Crusher=yes
Cost=600

[GTGCAN]
Power=-150

[CAPOWR]
Power=100

(?) More, I want no air units in my map. I couldnt manage to find proper code for it.

(?) Also, i tried to somehow mine explosions on sea but "63- deal 100 damage (action)", "explosion when destroyed (action)" and "42- deal damage from object to waypoint (action)" didnt work how i imagined.

(?) One last thing is "34 - comes near waypoint (event)" doesnt work as win condition. What i want is to set win/lose condition whenever team A comes near the waypoint say like 10x10 area.

I think thats all, have a nice day all.

dardannels campaign v2_1.map normandy.map

Ugh --- Ok I'll have a go at this, youve made your Naval Yard too strong. Strength=9999999 So it takes no damage whatever attacks it. Also you said you wanted it immune to C4, well I see youve got CanC4=yes, which should be CanC4=no instead. So id put the Naval yard back to what it should be.

Now as for making Tanya available to the russians, I think thats down to what you need to build her, so if youve not altered Prerequisite=GAPILE,GATECH you may need to do so, they are Soviet barracks, and Radar as well.NAHAND and NARADR.

Now as for your long list, here's an example Ive picked one [NAMISL] is the nuclear missile.
Cost=8000 is how much credits it takes to build, ie its cost, (pretty self explanatory).

so what you've got is a list of buildings and examples of what their attributes are, ie cost, Power= how much power it gives, Crusher= can the Tank crush units,Techlevel  goes from 1 - 10 and dictates at which stage you can build things, ie a Conscript is tech level1 and a YuriPrime is a tech level 10.

All the above information can be found by getting the rules.md and looking at it through Wordpad.

If you want to remove the air units, again look at the rulesmd and remove each one by writing the unit name and 0 in your map. ie [ZEP] BuildLimit=0 or -1

Is your action 34 set to the correct house? If you want another way of doing this use 1 Entered by (Player House), then place celltags in the zone.

Yeah Ive messed with 42 Explosions at waypoint, one explosion isn't enough McPwny discovered that two explosions on the same waypoint, the second warhead kills the unit, and not the first. (This was done with Celltags), A good example of this is in an upcoming mission of mine.

@Concolor1 is not fully correct. TechLevel is a leftover setting from TS and earlier games where Maximum Tech Level setting is available from dropdown menu in custom multiplayer and skirmish game settings. After game starts, anything with higher TechLevel value is not allowed to build. So it is a kind of setting intended for "smooth" adjusting maximum tech level for units and structures available in gameplay.
In RA2 and YR this setting used only for the AI purposes. Player's setting was removed for balance purposes, however "Meat Grinder" mode as a low-tech mode is available.

TechLevel=-1 makes the building not available for a player. AI still can build it.

Techlevel=11 (above maximum) removes building for AI and for a player.

Tanya can't destroy it, because FakeC4 weapon is used.

• Like 1

Still learning myself, 

TechLevel=-1 makes the building not available for a player. AI still can build it.

I never knew that about tech level 11, thanks.

Rule of thumb, answer it wrong and someone will put it right, lol.

The last time I looked at a Westwood map was 20 years ago...lol. Im still supposed to be looking at YR mission 3 to find out how WW managed to create a second Yuri country  that follows Ai. (As new houses follow either American or Soviet, coding and don't appear to use the Third Side Ai as YuriCountry does).

I just removed the Naval yards by BuildLimit=-1 or 0, figuring if the Ai was truly that smart it would see there was no water and not build one. lol

15 hours ago, Concolor1 said:

Ugh --- Ok I'll have a go at this, youve made your Naval Yard too strong. Strength=9999999 So it takes no damage whatever attacks it. Also you said you wanted it immune to C4, well I see youve got CanC4=yes, which should be CanC4=no instead. So id put the Naval yard back to what it should be.

Now as for making Tanya available to the russians, I think thats down to what you need to build her, so if youve not altered Prerequisite=GAPILE,GATECH you may need to do so, they are Soviet barracks, and Radar as well.NAHAND and NARADR.

Umm, i did say it wrong. I wanted it only be destroyable by C4. Since its a naval base and in the sea, then what i need is a soldier with swimming ability. I haven't seen any people or map doing it before. Hope it's written in rules.md which i did find lately. It mostly what i need to find.

16 hours ago, Concolor1 said:

Is your action 34 set to the correct house? If you want another way of doing this use 1 Entered by (Player House), then place celltags in the zone.

Yeah Ive messed with 42 Explosions at waypoint, one explosion isn't enough McPwny discovered that two explosions on the same waypoint, the second warhead kills the unit, and not the first. (This was done with Celltags), A good example of this is in an upcoming mission of mine.

Well, i tried some variations, however i can try some more.

15 hours ago, Ezer_2000 said:

Tanya can't destroy it, because FakeC4 weapon is used.

I did learn about -1 but i can try some more combinations with 11.

So, a big thank you for who wanted to help. It's good to have a people like you. May your works be easy fellas, as a Turkish saying.