Welcome, New Members!

Warlord

Hello all,

I am The Dutch Ghost, a gamer from the Netherlands.

I have been gaming since the 90s but skipped Command and Conquer at the time of release as I was more into FPS games and adventures and preferred space sci fi settings to "twenty minutes in the future".

These last couple of years I have grown somewhat disappointed with some of the releases on the PC because of their cross platform nature and the lack of any sci fi elements, so I have been checking out games I have previously ignored.

Years ago I did buy Tiberian Sun but I could not get into it at the time and sold it on again. I later bought C&C Renegade when it was in a bargain bin. (that game is probably rated lower here as it is not a RTS but it was what got me interested in C&C again when I replayed it again recently)

I also have a copy of Command and Conquer 3 Tiberium Wars and Kane's Wrath but I have not dared install them as I don't know what DRM they carry. (plus I kind of miss the atmosphere of Tiberian Dawn/Renegade)

Anyway hope I didn't ramble on to long.

C&C3 and Kanes Wrath has no obvious DRM features but you do need a EA login for multiplayer (not that I can be bothered to play multiplayer)

If you want a more updated version of tiberian dawn then C&C3 is your closest bet, with a lot of faction structure and Gameplay similar to the original, only in 3D (and bikes aren't OP anymore either)

Hello, I'm Zeratul. (Z3ratul99 in most online games if Zeratul is taken) My first C&C game was Red Alert 1 on the PS1, which I had a lot of trouble getting into. When I was able to play the PC version, which I don't really remember how I ended up with, I fell in love with the game. Later a family friend introduced me to C&C95 and Tiberian sun + Firestorm and I just had to buy them. I was given RA1 expansions, RA2 + Yuri's Revenge, and Generals + Zero Hour by a friend who had lost interest in gaming. I stumbled across C&C Renegade at a Staples (of all places) and loved that as well. I was a little disappointed with C&C 3 due to changes to fit cross-platform gaming, but I still enjoyed it for the most part. Now I don't have a computer able to run it at all.

My memory is fuzzy, so aside from Red Alert and C&C 3 these are not ordered by date obtained.

I've been to this site several times over the years, but I never thought to register until now.

• 2 months later...

Hi, I am Raickanku and this is me:

My name is Wicher, born 1995, I am from the Netherlands, attend university and I have experienced C&C since its dawn, tiberian dawn (not actual release ofc). I played it on the playstation at my uncles place since I was about 6 years old but I have seen them (twins) play it since before I can remember.

Sun was my favorite game for a long time, mainly because I was very young when I first saw a friend play it.

Wars is my favorite RTS.

Twilight... I haven't played twilight [insert awkward chuckle]. However, I have seen a lot(maybe all) footage of it.

I have read a lot of background, rewatched a lot of footage from Red alert 1, Tiberian dawn, sun, wars and Twilight. I also used a lot of information from the wikia.

You can also find me active (since recent) on the official C&C forums under the same nickname.

Heh, another Dutchie. Be proud; Dutch people have made the C&C community what it is today :D

Seriously. XCC Mixer (the main C&C1/RA1/TS/RA2 modding tool in the community), and both graphical map editors made for C&C1, were made by Dutchies.

I'm Flemish, btw ;)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Hi all! :)

My name is Dag. But you can call me Dawg if you wish. I live in Norway (Age 26). I have been a c&c fan since the first game come out. (Huge fan of C&C95,Tiberium Sun,Firestorm,C&C3: Tiberium Wars,C&C3: Kanes Wrath,The Dawn Of The Tiberium Age,Dune2000 & Dune II) I was very young back then. But anyways. Am here to find some people to play with & talk to you all. Have a great weekend to you all!

Dawg out!

• 1 month later...

Hey guys!

I hadn't yet the opportunity to look in here, but now it's time to introduce me here.

I'm from germany, but have my roots in east europe too.

My nickname is a leftover from earlier time I was active in some occult thrash metal bands  :D

I'm playing C&C since mid-90s and do mapping and modding the old games (up to YR) since this time aswell.

Other things I do are travelling,  reading, writing.

If you have questions, ask!  ;)

Viking at heart here. tought myself to read the Elder Futharken Runes

Runes are a nice thing. I can read the elder Futhark too  :)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

HOW DID I LIVE WITHOUT THIS!

Hey Guys, My name is Tim and I come from the lands of South Australia. 25 years old and love these games to bits. Bought the Ultimate collection on Origin to relive the memories a while ago but have never been able to get them to work on Windows 8.1. However I have been playing Red Alert 2 & YR on a Windows 7 install.

I have just installed Dune 2000 and ready to smash out as Harkonnen.

EDIT: I am also looking at creating a tunneling server to help the Australian Community (If there are many here), unfortunately the server I run at the moment is an Ubuntu Server. Is there a tunneling program for Linux? Thanks