CnCNet Gold Medal Challenge Reset - Red Alert 1

FunkyFr3sh

We had to reset all gold medals and all players need to win the challenge again for the following reasons:

1. There have been multiple cheat versions of the Gold Medal Challenge found

2. Some players tried to offer other gold medal winners money to buy the medal

3. A lof of the gold medal winners did not read the rules

All players that have been watched by me will keep their gold medal

New Rules:

1. Settings Must be: color "Yellow", country "Germany", TechLevel "10", Credits "10000", UnitCount "0", Speed "7"

2. Add one AI player to ensure the game end trigger will fire up

3. You must defeat all enemy tanks before the time runs out

4. You have to win it using hotkeys like in this video (ctrl shift etc..), stacking/fooling the ai will not count as a win

5. Your screen resolution must be 1280x width or below (higher resolutions are not allowed cause you could win the map without hotkeys)

6. 2 other players must watch you playing the map. Those players can be either other Gold Medal winners, CnCNet Moderators or Herm. Both of them can be in the same game or you can also play 2 separate games with each of them.

7. The spectator must host the game room and not the player. This way the player cannot change the gamespeed during the game

8. Play fair, don't try to cheat in any way

9. The game must run at an acceptable speed, laggy games don't count

-

If you won the gold medal and you are going to watch another player then please make sure all settings are correct.

After the game you must check the resolution of the player in the score screen to ensure he did not use a too high resolution. When the ready button was clicked there should be no Cheat warning, if you found a fake gold medal map which shows a Cheat warning then please report it to the moderators!

Use the map search to find the Gold Medal Map, the name is "Gold Medal challenge! Are you the master of Q?"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3FcKV7JEQMk

New Rules:

5. Your screen resolution must be 1280x width or below (higher resolutions are not allowed cause you could win the map without hotkeys)

I don't understand why this is a rule.

I thought the challenge was to hone your Q skills and production, if you can do that on 800x600 or 1920x1080 (good luck with that) then it shouldn't matter.

"9. The game must run at an acceptable speed, laggy games don't count"

Unless something has dramatically changed since I played last time, lag just makes it harder because it delays the production.

Maybe it was just too fast for me, but laggy games seemed to make my Q about 100 times better  :huh:

Also a completely pointless question: Any reason you only get to be Allies? Imo tanking as Soviets is easier anyway.

Disclaimer: At no point am I ever going to re-try the gold challenge, I was just interested in this topic.

The actual Gold Medal map contains tons of scripting and custom rules... wouldn't it give you that same "cheat warning" anyway? :P

The original Gold Medal map is in the whitelist

New Rules:

I don't understand why this is a rule.

I thought the challenge was to hone your Q skills and production, if you can do that on 800x600 or 1920x1080 (good luck with that) then it shouldn't matter.

Q Skills + production + hotkeys

"9. The game must run at an acceptable speed, laggy games don't count"

Unless something has dramatically changed since I played last time, lag just makes it harder because it delays the production.

"Gold Medal winners, CnCNet Moderators or Herm"

A.K.A. The chairman of settir committee :D

Normal lag will probably make it harder, this was mainly added so people cannot use tools to limit the fps/connection speed to something that runs equally to game speed 4/5