Ask me anything!

Phenomena

So I'm at work... Bored.. Haven't been on ts in ages, quit one of my jobs... So lots of free time!

So here's the idea, simply ask me anything... Try to keep it semi professional. Some of you I've known for over a decade, some a lot less.

Little about me. I've played ts since I was 14.. I'm turning 30 tomorrow lol. Im known as Wuss, or Phenomena. So I've seen it all, I've played with and against the best, been a part of, or directly in the middle of many ts controversies.

Bullet points- active tournament/clanner for most of ts history

-top ranked CNC Kane's wrath player at the time

Simply anything you want to know...I'll be totally honest and transparent, anything ts related, cnc3 related, anything personal within reason is fine too.

I'll respond to the better questions via video sometime before Christmas :)

Let's start with easy questions.

How did you find about Tiberian Sun? Were you playing other games before knowing TS? What were the games if any? Were you alone playing TS or had your siblings/friends/neighbors playing or watching you while playing? Did you tell your school mates about TS? I hope that these questions are not too personal.

I will ask difficult questions at later stage.

I'll play!

1. Are players today better or worse than players of yesteryear?

2. Should FS be made mandatory for all players?

2b). Would TS be in a better state if Stefor and co didn't decide to ignore FS and all players had played FS instead of TS? (Less bugs, better balance, more maps etc)

3. Are guides a help or hindrance to the community? I don't ask this as someone who wrote one, but because I wonder if it makes things 'too easy' for some players who think they can get good just by watching videos etc. (also see Q1 above)

Ok then...

1. What are your thoughts on TRZ? How good a player is he really?

2. Why are people so obsessed with Terrace when there are other, fairer, more balanced maps out there?

3. Are ladders really good for activity? (I'm not so sure...)

4. How has the gaming 'community' changed in the last 10 years in your view?

(I'm just looking at Q4 and thinking, 'wow, 10 years ago it was 2006, and everyone thought the game was about to die. Most TS players on this forum hadn't even heard of TS in 2006!)

alrighty just did this...couldnt setup my camera, but I think a podcast style is better anyway.

let me know if this doesnt work...im not overly competent with techy stuff lol

if anyone has any other questions ill do another!

https://soundcloud.com/user-127560524/wuss1

Just listened to it. Pretty good. I'd listen to more.

Observation: you have the earliest memory of TRZ of anyone I've met. I was playing forest fires 8er late night (10pm - 2am Central) in 2002-2004. TRZ showed up and tried to change it so that RM gets bridge... bah. but either him or bruutal was the first that I ever saw try to build over the cliff in TM to get to the bridge faster. (or maybe United1999?!)

Before 2002, I played lots of Docs Parking and other mods that I don't even remember anymore, I had a shared login that was a member of the Waamp clan (and other nicks that I don't remember).  I hated grays just because of the money and how fast it played, truth is, I never had the skills to keep up with grays players.

I really wish I could remember the old FF 8er crew. The one's I remember

peaceprz aka I think killtheprez  (or some variation of Kill the president (RIP))

dogshigh

xmexyou

r3sin aka Humble

bruutal

zayuin00

trz played alot too, although he probably doesn't think of himself as part of the crew he was the enemy of zayuin00

and so many that I can't remember. chime in if you played FF 8er 2002 to 2-thousand-now

alrighty just did this...couldnt setup my camera, but I think a podcast style is better anyway.

let me know if this doesnt work...im not overly competent with techy stuff lol

if anyone has any other questions ill do another!

https://soundcloud.com/user-127560524/wuss1

Just listened to it. Pretty good. I'd listen to more.

Observation: you have the earliest memory of TRZ of anyone I've met. I was playing forest fires 8er late night (10pm - 2am Central) in 2002-2004. TRZ showed up and tried to change it so that RM gets bridge... bah. but either him or bruutal was the first that I ever saw try to build over the cliff in TM to get to the bridge faster. (or maybe United1999?!)

Before 2002, I played lots of Docs Parking and other mods that I don't even remember anymore, I had a shared login that was a member of the Waamp clan (and other nicks that I don't remember).  I hated grays just because of the money and how fast it played, truth is, I never had the skills to keep up with grays players.

I really wish I could remember the old FF 8er crew. The one's I remember

peaceprz aka I think killtheprez  (or some variation of Kill the president (RIP))

dogshigh

xmexyou

r3sin aka Humble

bruutal

zayuin00

trz played alot too, although he probably doesn't think of himself as part of the crew he was the enemy of zayuin00

and so many that I can't remember. chime in if you played FF 8er 2002 to 2-thousand-now

I agree, it wasn't a bad listen at all.  I don't agree with it 100% but it is still nice to see different player's perspectives.  Keep it up Reid.  I am really glad you adknowledge that TS was at it's peak when the ladders/clans were actually working, and that if TS was supported back then the way it was now and we didnt have people using speed hack to steal points (instant win) and autostarting games that it would be a LOT more active than it is now!

I really miss the FF players like JasonKOBE and Trickflo and BigTeddy and the Haribo guys, victon1um and the rest of multi guys, nobull guys, bukb guys,  rambo1uk or w.e, agljunxt or w.e, punker and many I forgot!

Kobe used to save buildings with his engies when it was on the last 1-2 bars of health 99.9999999999999999999% of the time it was insane how good he was at saving buildings last second.

what were your best matches, as in, favorite or most challenging?

who were the strongest players you personally played against from the beginning until ts died in 2006/7?

how much did you enjoy making a super mutant on bbg and making me despise you for a long time?

how much will i have from your life insurance if you pass away?

As stated in our pm, this was not meant to start anything...dont want an argument etc etc, not interested in any of that. I just answered the questions asked to the best of my knowledge and from what I remember. Granted most of this this was 10+ years ago so who knows.