Missing shortcut

[NRA]Rocketeer

Question

15 answers to this question

Update: Uninstalled, reinstalled from Origin.  When I run (with admin rights) CnCNet5_YR_Installer.exe I get errormessage 

Skjermbilde 2017-04-16 01.29.16.png

Another update....most likely Bitdefender that block. Is this update safe?

Skjermbilde 2017-04-16 01.41.09.png

I scanned CnCNet5_YR_Installer.exe with Bitdefender

Skjermbilde 2017-04-16 01.50.08.png

19 minutes ago, [NRA]Rocketeer said:

Quick one, since the update to the client my shortcut breaks and I have pinned the exe to my taskbar but not sure if  others are experiencing issues

my shortcut was also got removed once when my cncnet got crashed , 

Hello,

Thanks for flagging this. Unfortunately an updater file wasn't the latest on our repo, so when releasing that last version it also also removed a legacy file for your shortcuts.  I've hopefully corrected this for you in v3.2.2.3 and your shortcut should work again. If it doesn't, you may have to manually re-create a new shortcut to CnCNetYRLauncher.exe

Apologies for the trouble!

• Upvote 1

Same problem.  Shortcut broken. Downloaded latest version + installed. Shortcut icon came back but doubleclick on CnCNetYRLauncher.exe ->  errormessage

CnCNetYRLauncher.exe.log

1,"fusion","GAC",0
3,"C:\WINDOWS\assembly\NativeImages_v2.0.50727_32\System\c7d0e65d5d01d4d5381bb1d40c4c56c7\System.ni.dll",0
3,"C:\WINDOWS\assembly\NativeImages_v2.0.50727_32\System.Drawing\cdcce378eb7a99479cfdfb6f332d3f72\System.Drawing.ni.dll",0
3,"C:\WINDOWS\assembly\NativeImages_v2.0.50727_32\System.Windows.Forms\0f305c60a30db4482e9663104bbcf7a8\System.Windows.Forms.ni.dll",0

We uninstall and reinstall fix the problem?

Skjermbilde 2017-04-16 01.10.04.png

Hello,

If CnCNet has been blocked or flagged by your anti-virus there are a few things to note. 

• Firstly, this warning is often nothing to worry about. Anti-virus software often flag new files as a false positive, mainly because they have discovered a new file on your system they haven't seen before. This is very common in software development, especially for small scale developers such as ourselves. 
  • Other ways a file could be flagged as a false positive is the way we protect the software from being decompiled. Some of our software is protected for reasons to keep CnCNet services safe and secure.

Important steps you can take:

• You can remove this block by allowing it as an exception to your Antivirus firewall.
  • Submit the file in question to a site such as Virus Total, where it will scan the file against other anti-virus definitions. You will probably find your anti-virus will be listed, among some of the others, but as a rule the ratio should be low, and this is fine.
  • To help us stop these alerts, you can submit a report to your antivirus software company, they will scan the file in question that has been flagged, and it will be reviewed and will come back as a false positive.

In relation to your problem with the launcher, the anti-virus is probably moving files into quarentine which will make it crash. To solve your problem, reinstall CnCNet using the installer, allow an exception to your firewall for CnCNet and run again. 

Hope this helps

having the exact same problem as HPF, i just tried to allow the installer exclusion into firewall and antifvirus(bitdefender) and still have the problem, is there a way to install the cnc launcher in a different location and just copying the files over to the game folder? 

12 hours ago, HPF said:

I scanned CnCNet5_YR_Installer.exe with Bitdefender

You can move your Red Alert 2 game installation folder from Program files, into My Documents where it doesn't require admin privileges. Temporarily, you could also disable bitdefender whilst running the CnCNet installer, and turning it back on.

just did what Grant said by moving my installation folder, that worked, but trying to copy the file back to programfiles, everything copied except for "rampastring.xnaui.dll" which gives me the error "You need permission to perform this action", also bitdefender is being very aggressive at removing this dll file even when i exclude the folder it's in.

2017-04-16_16-00-47.png

2017-04-16_16-04-52.png

Edited by Deadsea
added bitdefender notification pic

1 minute ago, Deadsea said:

just did what Grant said by moving my installation folder, that worked, but trying to copy the file back to programfiles, everything copied except for "rampastring.xnaui.dll" which gives me the error "You need permission to perform this action", also bitdefender is being very aggressive at removing this dll file even when i exclude the folder it's in.

2017-04-16_16-00-47.png

You probably can't move it because bit defender is accessing it. I would literally just disable bit defender for a few minutes until you get the folder moved. The file it is complaining about isn't even under one of our protected files.

To be safe, it's also deemed fine by virus total

2 minutes ago, Deadsea said:

disabled bitdefender and was able to copy the files, and finally able to start the launcher, but i was hit with another problem "CNCMaps has stopped working" and keeps popping up everytime i close it

2017-04-16_16-33-03.png

OK - I'll need your client.log file for this one. You can find it in your game directory, Client/client.log

i just deleted everything in "C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Command and Conquer Red Alert II\Maps\Custom" except for "Custom maps.txt"(i am guessing came with the game), and now i am not getting the error anymore, guessing it's just one of the custom maps i received while playing.

thanks a lot for your help! i hope this thread could help other commanders who search for this topic :D

On 4/16/2017 at 1:24 PM, Deadsea said:

having the exact same problem as HPF, i just tried to allow the installer exclusion into firewall and antifvirus(bitdefender) and still have the problem, is there a way to install the cnc launcher in a different location and just copying the files over to the game folder? 

Disabling Bitdefender Antivirus protection during installation helped. Now it works like it used to. 

Image4.jpg