What things make the ladder/ranked unappealing?

FlyingMustache

What things make the "Ranked Games" option unappealing to you?  

27 members have voted

1. 1. What things make the "Ranked Games" option unappealing to you?

• Yuri gameplay
    • Faulty points system
    • Lack of interest
    • Too serious/competitive
    • Superweapons
    • Don't Like playing 1v1
    • Other

9 hours ago, dkeeton said:

I discovered that if you make the spawn locations all 0 it will be random.

So like if you put spawn_order = 0,0 the spawn locations will be randomly chosen by the game, which should always make them diagonals.

Ahh cool ill do this for some of the maps, thanks.

2 hours ago, Syrianrefugeeengineer said:

TD is much better! Or Ts...

I heard TD was all about NOD bike abuse. :D
TS is all about rushing engies & bombers or Mammy drops. 

If you think YR is all about Tank rushes then you have no clue. 
Go play Allied / Yuri, Soviets are all about tanks though.

14 hours ago, dkeeton said:

I discovered that if you make the spawn locations all 0 it will be random.

So like if you put spawn_order = 0,0 the spawn locations will be randomly chosen by the game, which should always make them diagonals.

I think it worked like that in WOL/XWIS ladder, always in diagonal ! And different spots. 

If it works, we could choose our color so? I like blue !! And don’t like red/yellow, that’s I lose some games :P

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, ZiGZaG said:

This is clearly nonsense.. lol let's see your all about tanks strategy against yuri, or lets see on tsunami :blink:

I will make a patch so that tanks can drive over water to the yuri base, they won't expect that!!!

See, all about tanks!

Is it just me or has the activty on the ladder been absolutely fantastic so far in March? JokuJak? Showtime? :D All are playing. I might have to get my old ass on and play some, for activity's sake. Keep this ball rolling and we got some good things going on.

Map list looks great, a lot of fun in there. It's easier not to care about the small maps when I can veto a few of them and have 30's++ to play on!

Lol activity has increased so much because the current top 3 players have a bet on to see who gets rank 1 at the end of the month haha, this is filtering down nicely more and more. Activity breeds activity! Who else is going to step up and rise to the challenge! I forsee a huge amount of points at the top by the end of the month, if it continues like this i expect over 2k points.

I think the addition of a bigger map list has been a major factor aswell.

3 hours ago, XXxPrePxX said:

Is it just me or has the activty on the ladder been absolutely fantastic so far in March? JokuJak? Showtime? :D All are playing. I might have to get my old ass on and play some, for activity's sake. Keep this ball rolling and we got some good things going on.

Map list looks great, a lot of fun in there. It's easier not to care about the small maps when I can veto a few of them and have 30's++ to play on!

About time! You been so active on the forum yet i dont think ive ever seen you online on CNCNET. Time to come put your money where your mouth is!

Get in on the action!

Anyway.. GO QM!!!

• Haha 2

15 minutes ago, FReQuEnZy said:

How much did you bet on it?

Ultimate bragging rights untill the end of time.

Nah the bet is for these 3 players to take rank 1-10 on multiple nicks to conquer the HOF lol. This is all in an attempt to deny an unnamed 4th player his regular HOF spot lol

Whatever player doesnt get at least 3 nicks in top 10 has to uninstall permanently.

My moneys on REKT uninstalling i doubt this noob will even get 1 nick in top 10.

Edited by ZiGZaG

I don't mean to come off as eccentric since I posted this suggestion previously, but having the same exact settings all the time makes things too one-dimensional whereas if options like Superweapons, Destroyable Bridges, No Dog Engi Kills and Multi-Engineer were all set to 50/50 random, it would makes things a lot more interesting. Even XWIS at one point changed Superweapons to random which I and perhaps several others felt gave QM a new interesting twist.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, PrezSpammer said:

I don't mean to come off as eccentric since I posted this suggestion previously, but having the same exact settings all the time makes things too one-dimensional whereas if options like Superweapons, Destroyable Bridges, No Dog Engi Kills and Multi-Engineer were all set to 50/50 random, it would makes things a lot more interesting. Even XWIS at one point changed Superweapons to random which I and perhaps several others felt gave QM a new interesting twist.

I completely agree with you on superweapons. 100%. The other options, I don't understand the point of and would produce problems... but if I may, I want to add to the superweapon point:

Right now games are very one dimensional (which may not be bad)... 

I think it would be nice if supers were always on in mirror games and yuri games, and random for SvA. As someone who has been messing around with allies, it kinda sucks to see a sov go fast IC and me have to do shit to stop it constantly. 

It would be nice if SW were random so they'd at least have to fight some games on equal footing :p.

Honestly i don't agree ic being a problem in a longer game.
SVA in long game can be pretty impossible for sovs without supers in certain maps. And  theres not really an answer for battlefortress other than ic.

The problem is that sov can make the ic so fast into the game. Even trash builds with 3 miners to tech are viable, because of supers.

Idk if it's possible, but best solution would be make it so you can't make ic so early into the game SVA

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

41 minutes ago, XXxPrePxX said:

I completely agree with you on superweapons. 100%. The other options, I don't understand the point of and would produce problems... but if I may, I want to add to the superweapon point:

Right now games are very one dimensional (which may not be bad)... 

I think it would be nice if supers were always on in mirror games and yuri games, and random for SvA. As someone who has been messing around with allies, it kinda sucks to see a sov go fast IC and me have to do shit to stop it constantly. 

It would be nice if SW were random so they'd at least have to fight some games on equal footing :p.

We currently have do the option of random supers. Can also pick by map whether its on, off or random.

Edited by ZiGZaG