What things make the ladder/ranked unappealing?

FlyingMustache

What things make the "Ranked Games" option unappealing to you?  

27 members have voted

1. 1. What things make the "Ranked Games" option unappealing to you?

• Yuri gameplay
    • Faulty points system
    • Lack of interest
    • Too serious/competitive
    • Superweapons
    • Don't Like playing 1v1
    • Other

1 hour ago, VWWWWWWWWWWW said:

Current states? You have never been good at either game lol. You were known for laming people. You apparently still lame people. You have always and will always be a scrub. But you're the one that said you look forward to kicking my ass? So why not make it a series? 

You read it wrong. I said I look forward to you kicking my ass in QM, not the other way around. So you don't have an argument here.

Edited by XXxPrePxX

i agree with kireek.

people should stop acting like allieds are untouchable when superweapons are off, you can use the same argument against soviets with sw. once the ic is up you have like 2 minutes to make something happen before ic is ready. if you dont succeed and you are lucky the ic dident totally destroy you the first time you have 2 more minutes before you will get run over by ic again. ; 

soviets have the advantage early game sw on or off. but with sw on they have the advantage early and late game. i elaborated how i feel about this is a previous topic: https://forums.cncnet.org/topic/7405-is-allied-vs-soviet-balanced/?page=6&tab=comments#comment-58243

• Like 2

1 minute ago, FReQuEnZy said:

You need to force the Sov players to use the IC defensively rather than offensively.
This is what happens when two Sov players build their IC at the same time, one will try to force the other to use it defensively.

Ye ofc my point is kinda exaggerated and i know there is ways to dodge the IC but either way its probably not gonna be good for u.

It's early... and this is a small sample size... and this may have nothing to do about the SW on/off debate but...

There are only two allied players in the top 20.... Vwww at rank 17 and "gg" at rank 20 and Vwww has played half or more of his games as soviets and gg has played half or more of his games as sovs/yuri. So, really can't be called allied players too much.

There's 2 yuri players in the top 20.

That means there's 16 hardcore soviets, 2 hardcore yuris, and 2 ehhh sometimes allied players.

Just for what it's worth. 

• Confused 1

4 hours ago, XXxPrePxX said:

It's early... and this is a small sample size... and this may have nothing to do about the SW on/off debate but...

There are only two allied players in the top 20.... Vwww at rank 17 and "gg" at rank 20 and Vwww has played half or more of his games as soviets and gg has played half or more of his games as sovs/yuri. So, really can't be called allied players too much.

There's 2 yuri players in the top 20.

That means there's 16 hardcore soviets, 2 hardcore yuris, and 2 ehhh sometimes allied players.

Just for what it's worth. 

if sw are off i will try get rank 1 as allied jsut for you

21 minutes ago, FReQuEnZy said:

@Omituinen Rank 1 as Allied is it possible? Perkele!

Ofc it is. Been a fair few players who have dominated a much more active ladder on YR as allies. Dean/Adam/brett/matt (Legendary was his nick)?

Sure there's been others aswell. Personally i just think the skill level of allied players on YR is a lot lower nowadays.

Marko could probably do it aswell, his double engi ifvs would be a nightmare...

Edited by ZiGZaG
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, ZiGZaG said:

Ofc it is. Been a fair few players who have dominated a much more active ladder on YR as allies. Dean/Adam/brett/matt (Legendary was his nick)?

Sure there's been others aswell. Personally i just think the skill level of allied players on YR is a lot lower nowadays.

Marko could probably do it aswell, his double engi ifvs would be a nightmare...

lamers...fu.

btw there are some maps needed to be removed from qm map pool.examples would be face down and deadman's ridge.(huge early game fast building advantage for sov in the mid fight at face down and deadman's ridge has never been played in ranked games.probably because it's all about oils and there's only 1 ore patch and if you lose even 1-2 of your oils the games is gone)

13 hours ago, Legolas said:

lamers...fu.

btw there are some maps needed to be removed from qm map pool.examples would be face down and deadman's ridge.(huge early game fast building advantage for sov in the mid fight at face down and deadman's ridge has never been played in ranked games.probably because it's all about oils and there's only 1 ore patch and if you lose even 1-2 of your oils the games is gone)

Basically the YR maps? 

Both Deadmans ridge and Face down have been in YR qm for years and years.

Deadmans was also in ra2 qm so i dont know where you get 'has never been in ranked matches' Theres 4 ore patches per side aswell, dont know where you get 1?

Both are pretty equal map's. If your struggling on fd as allies then id say your build is wrong. Try Prisim walking.

Imo there are worse maps/situations, for me i think may day on YR is auto win for bottom, im not a fan of lowlands either.

Edited by ZiGZaG

As far as deadman's go... it's one hell of an allied map IMO and most importantly is a very different map than the typical maps we see. It's balanced and doesn't tend to be an engi-kill fest either, so I think it's a pretty great map choice. Soviets only chance is to get supers/tech units on this map, but that doesn't mean they are at a severe disadvantage... they are still mighty with the IC+Nuke on there if done right, but that map with SW off is super-allied camp map.

Face Down as Allies can be very frustrating, I agree... I've seen some great allied builds there, but it's easy for pro's to talk about how FD is OK with allies, but another thing for lower skilled players to try FD as allies against soviets. Not the easiest map to play... but at the same time, I'm not sure that I'd recc. taking it out.

Edited by XXxPrePxX

5 hours ago, [nra]Buffalo said:

#bringbackfoghacks lol

It's not about that... All new STR games don't use that nazi thing, it helps noobs to recognize proper BO/tech buildings and eleminate dogs luck, not everyone is ready to spend months to learn maps like you Cowy.

8 hours ago, [nra]Buffalo said:

#bringbackfoghacks lol

12 hours ago, aWarN1GGa said:

Remove the dark shroud from all maps (and keep the transparant).

He means using fog of war instead of shroud like modern RTS games, eg: starcraft, warcraft 3... etc
So that players can see the terrain and tech buildings, but not the opponent, this would do wonders in helping players learn maps. 

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I do not know whether or not it has already been mentioned, but the most unappealing thing about the ladder to me is that it is not integrated with the main application beyond launching from the main menu. Maybe that is me being spoiled by old school quick matching.

35 minutes ago, Strategst said:

I do not know whether or not it has already been mentioned, but the most unappealing thing about the ladder to me is that it is not integrated with the main application beyond launching from the main menu. Maybe that is me being spoiled by old school quick matching.

I can agree with that and with the fact that the feature to remember a login/auto-login seems to be indefinitely delayed. @dkeeton

Though it seems that the YR client will never be unified with the QM client due to a recent move to keep the main client code more in line with original source to make fixing the bugs easier.