New TS-DDraw release (Tiberian Sun / Red Alert 2 / Yuri's Revenge)

FunkyFr3sh

On 4/21/2018 at 8:18 PM, FunkyFr3sh said:

Yes, you can minimize the game with ts-ddraw and there are no issues :D

So if I understood this correctly, for you friend on windows 7 it doesn't work well, the game runs slow? (it lags?)

Somehow (either CnCNet Client) updated the ts_ddraw for ra2:yr & now I can't [minimize] alt+tab to the trainer, could you please guide me & link me on how to install the old ts_ddraw ? I found a Cheat Engine script for God mode, I want to continue using it by minimizing the game to the trainer. Thanks in advance. :] Please add minimize support to your new ddraw.dll !!!

Edited by total_annihilation666
Edit

31 minutes ago, total_annihilation666 said:

Somehow (either CnCNet Client) updated the ts_ddraw for ra2:yr & now I can't [minimize] alt+tab to the trainer, could you please guide me & link me on how to install the old ts_ddraw ? I found a Cheat Engine script for God mode, I want to continue using it by minimizing the game to the trainer. Thanks in advance. :] Please add minimize support to your new ddraw.dll !!!

Pretty sure that's against CnCNet rules. :)

@Grant @dkeeton

47 minutes ago, total_annihilation666 said:

Somehow (either CnCNet Client) updated the ts_ddraw for ra2:yr & now I can't [minimize] alt+tab to the trainer, could you please guide me & link me on how to install the old ts_ddraw ? I found a Cheat Engine script for God mode, I want to continue using it by minimizing the game to the trainer.

No cheats for you ^^

Seriously, try to play the game without any CE scripts/cheat tables and stuff like that, it's much better and the game is fun anyway. If you can't switch around applications via alt + tab, just use a different render.

Edited by Lud0wig

35 minutes ago, FReQuEnZy said:

It's because of the anti-cheat.

Ohhh thank you very much for clearing that up ! I play with the CncNet Client anyway —I guess the 100k credits limit sorta makes up for it.
P.S: Does the anti-cheat affect the vanilla version of the main Yuri executable too ?

Edited by total_annihilation666
Addendum

• 3 months later...

TS-DDRAW doesn't seem to work for me anymore on RA2, Windows 10 1803. Menus work fine, as does the loading screen, but once I load into the game, I see the skirmish setup screen and hear ingame noises.

Here's the screen I see once loading completes. Only thing I can do is ALT-F4 out of it and close the game.

posted image

28 minutes ago, Jezebel said:

TS-DDRAW doesn't seem to work for me anymore on RA2, Windows 10 1803. Menus work fine, as does the loading screen, but once I load into the game, I see the skirmish setup screen and hear ingame noises.

Here's the screen I see once loading completes. Only thing I can do is ALT-F4 out of it and close the game.

posted image

Are you using the most recent version from here: https://github.com/CnCNet/ts-ddraw/releases/tag/1.1.4.8 ?

On 11/12/2018 at 5:38 AM, Jezebel said:

Actually not true. Issue is back and occurs when I select a resolution any higher than 800x600. I'm on Windows 10, if that narrows anything down.

the same issue with u! Jezebel I can not play Yuri's revenge than 800X600 I'm on Windows 10 pro, GTX 1070 graphic card. however, RA 2 can be run, Yuri not run!!! Why?

• Upvote 1

On 11/19/2018 at 10:41 PM, bright_hawkins said:

the same issue with u! Jezebel I can not play Yuri's revenge than 800X600 I'm on Windows 10 pro, GTX 1070 graphic card. however, RA 2 can be run, Yuri not run!!! Why?

Same issue here as well, running Windows 10 1809. Changing the renderer between OpenGL and GDI doesn't help either.

Something is messing up in Yuri's Revenge when it tries to change the resolution and go in-game.

I just checked, I actually got the problem too. Game starts up and menu is centered to the screen surrounded by black (That's actually not supposed to happen). When the gameplay starts it tries to change the resolution and fails in the same way shown in the screenshot provided by @Jezebel

Tested this on win10 1803 using gamemd.exe (aka Yuri's Revenge single player)

@cac32

@bright_hawkins

@Jezebel

You guys can try to use version 1.1.4.5, that one seems to work fine.

On 11/25/2018 at 12:09 AM, FunkyFr3sh said:

I just checked, I actually got the problem too. Game starts up and menu is centered to the screen surrounded by black (That's actually not supposed to happen). When the gameplay starts it tries to change the resolution and fails in the same way shown in the screenshot provided by @Jezebel

@cac32

@bright_hawkins

@Jezebel

Excactly said, from 1.1.4.5-1.1.4.8, every file can not run! I must use a ddraw.dll made by toni spets long time ago, it can use normally. Forgive my English, I am Chinese.

On 11/24/2018 at 11:09 AM, FunkyFr3sh said:

@cac32

@bright_hawkins

@Jezebel

Latest one that works for me is the experimental pre-release released April 24.

• 2 months later...

Hi,I use this version (TS-DDraw.dll V1.1.4.14) to feel better, but in the Skirmish battle mode map preview effect color distortion than this old version (TS-DDraw.dll V1.1.3.3), Sometimes the menu disappears when you store the game. I don't know if I can improve it? Thank you!

1.1.3.3.jpg

1.1.414.jpg

菜单消失.jpg

Edited by jackwan889

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/1/2018 at 12:15 PM, Jezebel said:

Latest one that works for me is the experimental pre-release released April 24.

Hello! Jezebel, bright_hawkins , cac32I have been researching Red Alert 2 / Yuri's Revenge (AI) for more than 15 years and found that a bug in PadAircraft has not been solved (Skirmish mode): for example,

[TaskForces]

0=4, A-10 (fighter)

[ScriptTypes] 
0=0,3
1=0,6
2=49,0
3=0,7
4=0, 2
5=0,1

At this time, more (more than 300 fighters) fighters (8House) appeared in the game map, human players + 4AI (House) vs 3AI (House), when the game played 3AI (House) opponents only 1AI left (House), this fighter is prone to jumping all the time and cannot take off normally, If this time to destroy the airport, the game overflows. If this [TaskForces] group has 0=1, A-10 (fighter), this time to destroy the airport, the game will not overflow, you can continue to play. Please forgive me, the English of a Chinese.

战机跳跃.jpg

Edited by jackwan889

• 8 months later...

I can confirm this.

Running Windows 10 Pro x64 and playing Yuri's Revenge in a borderless window.
+ Good FPS
+ Good Latency
+ Fixes ALT+TAB
+ Doesn't lag the game while in the background (tabbed out).

- Poor scaling on bilinear, game looks a small bit blurry.
- ALT+F4 doesn't close game on loading screen when a player doesn't load.