CnCNet Forums

Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
MasterMind

[map editing] MESSAGE WHILE INGAME

Hey all, a question for all the map makers!!

While i was editing my custom map, i thought would be nice if a message at the start welcomes the players, as i saw many maps with this add (such as L.A.Z. Top vs Button and many others)

Problem is i dont know how to do it!

Hope someone can help me!!

greetings

Forgot to mention im talking about RA2 Yuris revenge! :)

Not sure if this is the same as in TS, but with TS maps you add your text under [Tutorial] 1=welcome to my map. 2=destroy enemy. Etc. U can insert that under ini editing in final alert or just add it in map file. Then use any event as a trigger event and trigger action 11 and parameter your text #. But thats for TS/final sun. not sure its the same for ra2 but i doubt its much different

Edited by Holland

RA2 is different indeed. Messages are read from a string table file, which can be edited by XCC mixer. but there is a general problem: there is only one string table file in the game, so you have to edit the whole thing and add it to your map to make it work. I don't know if the [Tutorial] thing still works, but I never saw it in any mission.

Fow who wants to know how i did it:

open Final alert > file > trigger editor 

New trigger, new event (choose 13 Elapsed Time...), New action (choose 11 Text Trigger...), and finally in parametric value u write the message

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By ajchvy
      Having an issue installing the RA2 CnCnet file. Keeps giving me this issue. If I hit ignore, it will install, but then game crashes when I try to start a match.

• By mrmiclego
      Hey could anyone help me out? Im trying to get the YR CnCNet launcher working, but I keep getting this pop up (see the first uploaded image). I have ran it as an administrator and still nothing. Things to note about my game and setup:
      Windows 10 computer with Geforce RTX 2070, Driver version 461.92, and an Intel i7 Game Purchased off of Origin I deleted everything in _Installer/directx/redist except for DSETUP.dll, dsetup32.dll, and DXSETUP.exe to get the game to install properly File is set to Full Control Game launcher icon has the administrator icon on it already tried to load it with all anti-virus software offline I don't believe this could be a connection issue because Tiberian Sun CnCNet runs fine.

• By AkumuKingu
      Yuris Revenge DTA Client mods(Mental Omega, Tiberium Crisis ect.) working well. But DTA CnCNet Client mods (Reloaded, Red Alert 20XX ect.) Client running in task manager but it wont open
    • By Xeroyashar
      how can I do i put zombie mission civilan my map ?

(Türk var mı varsa yardımcı olabilir mi )
    • By insanity
      Yo.
      I can't play ffgs online as the client is kicking me back to lobby. Qm and skirmish are working fine. Tried every renderer plus reinstalling the game. But nothing seems to work.
      Can anybody help me with this?