CnCNet Forums

Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
MasterMind

[map editing] MESSAGE WHILE INGAME

Hey all, a question for all the map makers!!

While i was editing my custom map, i thought would be nice if a message at the start welcomes the players, as i saw many maps with this add (such as L.A.Z. Top vs Button and many others)

Problem is i dont know how to do it!

Hope someone can help me!!

greetings

Forgot to mention im talking about RA2 Yuris revenge! :)

Not sure if this is the same as in TS, but with TS maps you add your text under [Tutorial] 1=welcome to my map. 2=destroy enemy. Etc. U can insert that under ini editing in final alert or just add it in map file. Then use any event as a trigger event and trigger action 11 and parameter your text #. But thats for TS/final sun. not sure its the same for ra2 but i doubt its much different

Edited by Holland

RA2 is different indeed. Messages are read from a string table file, which can be edited by XCC mixer. but there is a general problem: there is only one string table file in the game, so you have to edit the whole thing and add it to your map to make it work. I don't know if the [Tutorial] thing still works, but I never saw it in any mission.

Fow who wants to know how i did it:

open Final alert > file > trigger editor 

New trigger, new event (choose 13 Elapsed Time...), New action (choose 11 Text Trigger...), and finally in parametric value u write the message

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By asfd2315
      I played against this guy and he generated a reconnection error twice:
      https://ladder.cncnet.org/ladder/1-2021/yr/games/258082
      https://ladder.cncnet.org/ladder/1-2021/yr/games/258088
      This player obviously cheats. I've never had a reconnection error on cncnet before.
      I hope you can ban this guy.
      SYNC_CNCNET0.TXT SYNC_CNCNET1.TXT
    • By El888
      hi - I recently upgraded my motherboard and CPU to Ryzen 9 5900x. Everything works well except that the game freezes the first two seconds when I enter an online game with other players. When I play online with AI the game runs extremely fast on 60FPS (crazy fast it feels like 1000FPS). I tried other renderers and that didn't fix it. Skirmish works without issues.
      Could you please help? It used to run well with my previous Intel CPU.
    • By Yesenia
      I have been trying to play RA2 with my boyfriend. We are able to get the game started but as soon as we start building the game freezes and eventually kicks the other person out. We can start individual games and run them at the same time but as soon as we start a game together it crashes. we are playing in the same house, same internet, could our IP address be throwing the gam e off? Here is the error log. client.log
    • By TwinkyBong
      I love this launcher since I can play online with friends in a windowed 1280-800 resolution.
      But I have a question, I need to touch something to play the SINGLEPLAYER game (since I wanna stream the campaing) in a windowed 1280-800 resolution?
      If yes: How?
      If not: Well, I dont lost anything asking
    • By QiTruong
      - Please help me, i can't start my Yuri's Revenge CnCNet 
      - When i'm start Yuri's Revenge CnCNet Eror message: " Client.log is denied".
      - My Laptop is Win7
      client.log