CnCNet Forums

Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Red Alert 2 won't start/install setup.exe (Windows 10 64-bit)

seifmagdi

Question

So apparently the game worked with me when I was younger and from years ago when I had Windows XP to install it with a clean RA2 and Yuri's Revenge CD'S, and they still are clean until today and no scratch or anything on them.

Now my problem for Windows 10 64-bit is whenever I insert my CD and I run the AUTORUN.EXE it seem to work fine but when I press install so it gets ready to open setup.exe nothing happens then after like 5 minutes straight. I tried running as windows 95, it seem to get me something say: That my oleaut32.dll is old and needs to be updated (when I do have the latest version.), then it says it want to reboot my PC to install VBRUN60. But still not luck after I do everything I can and this.

I really do need help to know what the heck is going on.

Also very important note: That I saw in other post I need to uninstall KB3086255 when I do not own it.

2 answers to this question

Hey dkeeton, it seems like the Yuri's Revenge CD work fine which I forgot to mention, but not the RA2.

So first of all I followed the instruction. I downloaded the RA2 from xwis and seem to work fine. But should I also download Yuri's Revenge from there too? I mean since the CD setup.exe works should I or no.

Thanks if you replay.