CnCnet crashes on start

dwattsy21

Question

7 minutes ago, dwattsy21 said:

But there's alreadya foler in there called resoures. Which should I rename?

Copy the contents from Resources folder from the zip, into the resources folder. If theres a prompt to replace, replace the files. 

Alternatively use the new installer above

5 minutes ago, Grant said:

Copy the contents from Resources folder from the zip, into the resources folder. If theres a prompt to replace, replace the files. 

Thank you. Tried that and no luck so i'll try the new installer

14 minutes ago, Grant said:

When I went to isntall the new isntaller a Windows error message popped up saying it may be unsafe and was blocked. Clicked more details anr run anyway... than an avast (antivirus) messaage said the same thing. Clicked run anyway again, but then getting this... can't run it.

Untitled.jpg

9 minutes ago, dwattsy21 said:

When I went to isntall the new isntaller a Windows error message popped up saying it may be unsafe and was blocked. Clicked more details anr run anyway... than an avast (antivirus) messaage said the same thing. Clicked run anyway again, but then getting this... can't run it.

Untitled.jpg

Go to the settings and change the CyberCapture off, then try again

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Grant said:

Ok when it updates and crashes, could you upload your crash log file please

I would love to, but can't find them anymore. I already pressed once to send files to Microsoft (missclicked) and now it won't let me see where those files are located, even with fresh installs of RA2 and cncnet. It just gives me "close the program" without letting me see crash logs AND my Event viewer is bugged for some reason

Edited by Fukse

30 minutes ago, Grant said:

Sounds like avast has quarantined the file.  Could you follow these steps to restore the file again? 
If you're worried about the warning, you can read more about it here.

31 minutes ago, Fukse said:

Go to the settings and change the CyberCapture off, then try again

Turned cybercapture off and it allowed me to isntall it. However, the new installer still didn't work, still getting hte same error message :(

When i first click on the cncnet icon, I get this. Does this matter? And does it matter that the actual red alert 2 game icon has the administrator icon on it?

Untitled.jpg

6 minutes ago, dwattsy21 said:

Turned cybercapture off and it allowed me to isntall it. However, the new installer still didn't work, still getting hte same error message :(

When i first click on the cncnet icon, I get this. Does this matter? And does it matter that the actual red alert 2 game icon has the administrator icon on it?

Untitled.jpg

You can click Yes on that, that's fine. Is there something else that happens after this?

35 minutes ago, Fukse said:

I would love to, but can't find them anymore. I already pressed once to send files to Microsoft (missclicked) and now it won't let me see where those files are located, even with fresh installs of RA2 and cncnet. It just gives me "close the program" without letting me see crash logs AND my Event viewer is bugged for some reason

There should be crash log files inside the Client folder where CnCNet is installed. What's the exact error message you're getting with this new update?

11 minutes ago, Grant said:

You can click Yes on that, that's fine. Is there something else that happens after this?

There should be crash log files inside the Client folder where CnCNet is installed. What's the exact error message you're getting with this new update?

well i checked the only thing that could be log (client.log), and it seems like the problem and the crash is within the self-updater itself. I hope this file IS the log you need

client.log

26 minutes ago, Grant said:

Thank you for your help. This is the full timeline of windows that pop up after I click to open Yuri's revenge CNCnet

Untitled.jpg

33 minutes ago, Grant said:

Nope, nothing helpful there. Printscreen the error you're getting (kaboom dialog)?

Okay so I found the solution for me. Long story short - I have 2 windows on my PC, one is x32, other is x64 (which had the error). I turned on the x32 and update went normally. Don't know wether it has something to do with the x32/x64 versions, my own PC or something else, bet yeah, I'm now up to date on the x64, so currently everything is working for me

• Like 1

On 8/27/2018 at 1:35 PM, Grant said:

Hi, do you have any other suggestions after I posted all the error messages I get when I try to start it? 

Thanks