CnCnet crashes on start

dwattsy21

Question

10 minutes ago, Grant said:

Hi see below - if you updated to 4.09

• If you updated to this version and then received a kaboom error shortly after updating, please download this patch to apply the fix. Download and extract to your CnCNet RA2 directory. If you have an update notification for 4.10, you do not need to these steps. 

Thanks very much for your reply. I'm really sorry but how do I find out where my CnCNet RA2 directory is saved? The launcher and client exe files are saved in the red alert 2 folder... C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Command and Conquer Red Alert II... is this the one to extract it to?

13 minutes ago, Grant said:

Hi see below - if you updated to 4.09

• If you updated to this version and then received a kaboom error shortly after updating, please download this patch to apply the fix. Download and extract to your CnCNet RA2 directory. If you have an update notification for 4.10, you do not need to these steps. 

I have the same problem even after using the patch. Error message: "File specified in DLLPath = for renderer 'TS_DDRAW' does not exist.

6 minutes ago, Grant said:

It will look like this, so you need to take whats in the zip and place into the here and extract it.  

folder.png

yeh not working still, i tried it 3 times

Capture.PNG

5 minutes ago, Legolas said:

yeh not working still, i tried it 3 times

Capture.PNG

fixed. i had those files in another folder. extracted them there. now it works. thx

12 minutes ago, Fukse said:

He said in the end of his last message that it had it fixed. However, my issue seems to be a little bit different, and none of the files above doesn't fix them, unfortunately

I'm going to build a new installer in a few minutes, I'll give you the link so you can refresh the files. 

47 minutes ago, Grant said:

New patch for 4.10: http://downloads.cncnet.org/YR-Patch-4.10.zip

This will then prompt for an update to 4.11

Sorry for the inconvenience. 

Uninstalled everythign and re-installed it and still no luck. Tried this patch and still no luck. I've extracted it as below so that int he same folder that I have CnCNetClientYR.exe i have a folder called "YR-Patch-4.10". Is that right, or should the contents of "YR-Patch-4.10" be directly in the folder that has CnCNetClientYR.exe?

Untitled.jpg

8 minutes ago, dwattsy21 said:

Uninstalled everythign and re-installed it and still no luck. Tried this patch and still no luck. I've extracted it as below so that int he same folder that I have CnCNetClientYR.exe i have a folder called "YR-Patch-4.10". Is that right, or should the contents of "YR-Patch-4.10" be directly in the folder that has CnCNetClientYR.exe?

Untitled.jpg

Yeah so the contents needs to go in (Resources) folder needs to be put into the root. 

@Fukse

New installer: http://downloads.cncnet.org/CnCNet5_YR_Installer-4.11.exe

10 minutes ago, Grant said:

Yeah so the contents needs to go in (Resources) folder needs to be put into the root. 

@Fukse

New installer: http://downloads.cncnet.org/CnCNet5_YR_Installer-4.11.exe

New installer kinda worked. Kinda because game still tries to update after this and still crashes, though update seems to be smaller than usual (11 MB instead of 26)

16 minutes ago, Fukse said:

New installer kinda worked. Kinda because game still tries to update after this and still crashes, though update seems to be smaller than usual (11 MB instead of 26)

Ok when it updates and crashes, could you upload your crash log file please