Rhino and Grizzly question.

nonName

So. Lets say that your playing a 4v4 tanks map(Rhino's and Grizzly only) or just a normal map i guess, where 2 players get 2 allied War Factories while the other 2 team mates get 2 soviet War Factories and the same with the enemy.

Both of you are fighting with tanks.

Here's the question. ---> Would you put the Rhino tanks in the front and make them take most of the damage because they are tankier, and let the Grizzly tanks to attack from behind because they are more in numbers since they cost less than Rhinos? or would you put the Grizzly tanks in the front because they are more in numbers and let the Rhino tanks to attack from behind because they have more damage than Grizzly tanks?

Just ignore the thread if u find that the question is not important to answer ??

Edited by Roooo
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Great question to ponder. I'd imagine putting the Grizzlies in front would be the best way as they would act like fodder for the more important tank and the grizzly tanks can also run through the enemies tanks letting the rhinos attack the enemy without taking much initial damage. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Roooo said:

So. Lets say that your playing a 4v4 tanks map(Rhino's and Grizzly only) or just a normal map i guess, where 2 players get 2 allied War Factories while the other 2 team mates get 2 soviet War Factories and the same with the enemy.

You're question is confusing because one team makes Allied War Factories and the other makes Soviet ones, but in battle they somehow have both tanks available? ?

But I get what you mean now. In an isolated match up with no outside factors involved, and both sides are identical in numbers and skill, I don't think it would matter either way because it's a catch-22:

• Rhinos can make use of their stronger armor at the front, but then the grizzlies', though able to fire faster than rhinos, have a shorter firing range and might not all reach the enemy tanks from behind. Some of them will just be sitting there not doing anything.
  • On the other hand, the rhinos being at the back will be making use of their longer range, but won't be taking advantage of their armor.
  • If your enemy has their grizzlies in front, your rhinos will be stronger, but they will have more grizzlies than your rhinos, which as I mentioned, fire faster. Vice-versa of course if you both switched positions and you have your grizzlies in front.
  • If you both have the same configuration, then luck will decide it.

That's all well and good in theory any way. But in reality, some people are so skilled that they can even hotkey their promoted units to land the final shot (whether against units or structures), and become elite quicker. Against such players, none of the above matters. Maybe just mash all your tanks up together and hope for the best :D.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Have the rhinos maintain distance in a tight formation up front , like a phalanx.  Have the grizzlies somewhere else flying around looking for opportunities to flank in order to break up the formation when its distracted, like cavalry.. in this case light cavalry. 

• Like 1

grizzly front - with the amount of tanks u have fighting in that mod map you will want more tanks shooting rather than stronger tanks taking shots.  Since rhinos have longer range, more of them would be involved if they are behind than if it were grizzlies behind.

With a smaller amount of tanks, grizzlies should come in second or do what lucifer said so they can stay alive more easily.

Edited by Gun_Man
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, Lucifer said:

Have the rhinos maintain distance in a tight formation up front , like a phalanx.  Have the grizzlies somewhere else flying around looking for opportunities to flank in order to break up the formation when its distracted, like cavalry.. in this case light cavalry. 

Yeah until your opponent decides to drive right into your “flank” and pop goes all ur plastic tanks.  TC 101 is make sure your tanks can shoot and their tanks can’t. grizzly tanks are terrible and id be happy if they all died first and my rhinos were barely damaged. If u want to get pr0 with it you could do one line of rhinos. One line of grizzlies, one line of rhinos etc and the. Just run in to muddy the waters and then your opponent will waste a lot of shots on grizzlies if he doesn’t know how to target. But honestly your best best is to keep grizzlies in front when you run in, or when your opponent does

Edited by a1nthony
  • Upvote 1

lol I might be biased because I’ve tried a lot of tc tactics over the years for fun, it’s my favorite part of this game and I love the maneuvers/quick reaction needed in high level games especially when you’re firing on all cylinders (labeling tanks in groups of 5 and clicking each rhino etc..) I’ve won/lost so many battles trying different splitting tactics like that and if you surround your opponent from two sides, all they have to do in that situation is drive into one side, it’s easier to pull off with one type of tank, but with the mix  if they drive into the grizzlies I think grizzlies pop, just my two cents

Edited by a1nthony

why do you want to attack his army directly anyway?

attacking from 2 sides and overwhelming his army would workout the best since his tanks' turrets will always be moving and will buy you time.

in a direct fight though there can be different cases still. 

if your battle is like 5 griz and 5 rhinos vs 5 griz and 5 rhinos then the team who has the better micro will win. it's not about which tanks you use as shield for other tanks. with each group of tanks you got you try to micro very well and try to shoot at 1 of his tanks with a group of 1-5 tanks while you're not letting him hit yours.the thing i'm saying though needs real tank control skills.there is always a risk to lose more than you kill if you're not making the right choices.

when you're talking about a group of like 20 rhinos and 20 grizzlies vs 20 rhinos and 20 grizzlies, still you can't use any of them as a shield for the other for a perfect reason: range.

your tanks won't be able to shoot from a far distance when there is like 3-4 tanks in front of them to the first enemy tank(even rhinos) so the best thing to do in this case is to divide your tanks in 2 groups and overwhelm him from 2 sides or at list make a formation a tanks that is long in length and short in width to maximize the range bonus and to make sure his box of tanks(if they are) have a turret which is constantly turning around for shooting.

finally it's good to move around their tanks with yours so you can dodge some hits but be aware not to go as far where his tanks will get out of your tanks' range and he'll gain the advantage of number per each shot.

hope this tips from a mediocre player help