Ethia Verna

7 hours ago, FunkyFr3sh said:

Currently we are not looking for moderators, the plan was actually to remove the moderators and use a ticket based system instead (That isn't actullay done yet, takes a lot effort...)

What's a 'ticket based system' and how does is work? Why would it be better than the current system?

(Can you please explain in terms of CnCNet, because I googled it and me still no understanding)

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, fir3w0rx said:

What's a 'ticket based system' and how does is work? Why would it be better than the current system?

(Can you please explain in terms of CnCNet, because I googled it and me still no understanding)

Rather than having moderators in the lobby that get spammed and flamed by angry kids we are going to add a way to report a user via a right-click menu. These reports will then be saved and our staff deals with it behind the scenes, no one will know who took care of it so no one can be targeted by angry kids.

We also need something like this here in the forums, like a anonymous moderator account that we can use to issue warnings.

Anonymous is good.

Someone human behind the moderation is also good.

While everyone of the recent members know who the moderators are. Future members will not, as soon as the tickets system works.
How would you prevent kids telling younger kids who the moderators are? I foresee PM bashing here.

And where do the rare justified complaints go? Does that also work with a ticket system? Even though anonymous is good, the communications should be possible 2 ways. In case one of the moderators sees a chance to do "damage".