My personal suggestions for the remaster!

chem

1) If its a true remaster I think it would be wise to take a que from a previous game title that was in a similar situation and did a fanatic and successful job of updating a classic game without ruining it for alot of people, it was basically a big success and managed to keep everyone happy.  So it would probably  be a good idea to employ the same strategy.

The game is called street fighter 2 and even though its not the same genre of game even, it has a lot of parallels, it was one the defining games of its genre, an older game, it had a specific feel, a specific balance which was slightly flawed, and people had invested alot of time in it and developed alot of skill on it.

The game that remastered it was called super street fighter 2 turbo HD remix. It didn't change much but it did update the graphics so they looked the simlar but better the music which was just updated in quality and tweaked more or less,  and it kept the same feel the same physics the same balance (the balance was tweaked a tiny bit and I think that was an option you can turn on and off even for the balance like classic mode and updated mode)  and so the skillset of the players could transfer over almost directly into the new game as did the feel and the comfort zone feel/factor.

I think they got just right they maintained a classic and everything everyone loves about it  and all the investment of time  skill and familiarity  with how the game feels was kept in. So there was no disconnect it felt like it was the same game with a graphics music balance and features boost!

I think the same should be done with cnc1 remastered, allow bigger maps more people, an optional slightly improved balance, higher quality versions of the same music and graphics, get rid of left side and bottom advantage,  keep the same physics, feel, comfort zone, and skill investment.

2) If its a remake on a different engine I think the command and conquer 3 is a wise game to learn from it was a success because it kept everything that people love about cnc1, static base building , tiberium harvesting, basic tanks and military equipment not walkers etc basic looking military equipment all the core fundamentals that made the command and conquer  popular in the 1st place, it didn't deviate away from the proven core design, everything appealed to the majority of cnc1 fans, this second answer will annoy lots of very hard core fans  that didn't like cnc3 but they are a minority and therefore less important than the majority in my opinion, less important for profit too. I would recommend if its a remake that a lot of nostalgia is involved alot of the looks buildings feel and units are reused, and then add a bit of variety in the same style as the original command and conquer 1, so that mix of near future sci fi and current military equipment could be extended with extra units from our current military involved in the new game, perhaps deeper air and navy would be nice, for me at least it would.

I cant comment on ra1 it so fundamentally broken with infinite  money and that's where peoples skill sets and comfort zones are developed and invested,  that it seems a much harder problem to solve and a harder game to remaster perhaps infinite money should be an option or game mode that way havening 2 options can please everyone.

Kind regards, Chem

(will update for grammar in a bit)

I see don't make multiple suggestions as the advice given but this is really only 2 suggestions and I went into detail about them, I can cut out the detail but then it wouldn't make much sense and I wouldn't be able to communicate what I wanted.

Edited by chem

• 3 months later...

First off, I would just like to say I'd have loved to be part of the studio working on this.

I would like the maps/environments to be atmospheric, like dust particles in the desert, make the environments feel alive, Bring back the civilians from the old games, towns feel populated and like innocents are caught between the crossfire.

Make me want to zoom in on a Tiberium field to drool at the detail and how it impacts the environment and please bring back Tiberium fauna/flora ex nearby trees have a chance of becoming blossom trees if they get engulfed by a Tib field.

Nod units should have Urban colored camouflage, not just a red unit. GDI should have the choc-chip camouflage from the 90's for soldiers and the desert camouflage we see on US tanks and vehicles today substituting for 'Gold' color

Units should not turn or move cartoony like most Petroglyph games or like the animations in C&C Generals 2 aka 'Command & Conquer' find a balance between gamey and believable. 

Don't make the units cartooney please!!!!! C&C 1995 aimed for a grounded military feel even if they were just sprites.

Remasterd CGI cutscenes, Blizzard level of quality for the CGI.