Red Alert 2 Screen Problems

JL_Stinger

Question

I have Windows 8.1 and uninstalled the KB to allow me to install RA2 and YR. I should have all the EXEs set to Run as Administrator and Windows XP SP3 compatibility. I went into RA2.ini and RA2MD.ini and, following internet instructions, changed the Video settings in both files to this (1920x1080 is the resolution my monitor is set to):

[Video]
ScreenWidth=1920
ScreenHeight=1080
StretchMovies=no
VideoBackBuffer=no

When I go into Red Alert 2, the game opens in full screen but the actual game contents are only in about half the screen (centered). To click any of the menu options I have to click off to the side. In other words, the click points aren't on the same resolution as the display.

When I go into Yuri's Revenge, the game opens in full screen and actually shows all the game contents in full screen. The menu buttons all click in the right places. When I start a game, everything there is in full screen too. However, I'm not able to scroll all the way to the right nor all the way to the bottom. The cursor simply wont go past a certain point, thus preventing me from clicking on a bunch important game components, like creating units.

Is there a maximum resolution RA2 and YR can handle? Or is there some other issue here?

2 answers to this question