Can not play online anymore, Tiberian SUN Launcher Error, Error: CnCNet not found! Are u launching this from the game directory?

DanGoMad

Question

Hello,

Since today i can not play online TiberianSUN anymore. I have always played from this computer. Today i even played TS. I made a break durring midday and when i come bac some hours later i coudnt open TS-Online anymore. The map editor and singleplayer works still fine. But when i hit the "Play Online" Botton i get an error message. I didnt changed anything on my Computer and there was no updates from anything. I deinstalled and re-installed it. I tried the original-version from cncnet and some Beta-Version. But the Error message is still the same after re-install. All .exe files have Administrator rights and i tried all compatibility. Some times i get the Error Message that it is a Virus or Firewall block it, and most times it showes "Tiberian SUN Launcher Error, Error: CnCNet not found! Are u launching this from the game directory?"

Yes i launch it from there. I also tried to deactivated my anti-virus and firewall software. It still stays the same.

Screenshot (4190).png

Screenshot (4191).png

Screenshot (4192).png

4 answers to this question

@Tore: U r right, it wasnt in the list yesterday, but now i see that CnCNet5.exe is an Trojan - Win32/Azden.A!cl

Or has the creators of CnCNet integrated a small bacdoor haaaaa?

I have to think about that if I continue to runters down any "free" games.

31 minutes ago, DanGoMad said:

@Tore: U r right, it wasnt in the list yesterday, but now i see that CnCNet5.exe is an Trojan - Win32/Azden.A!cl

Or has the creators of CnCNet integrated a small bacdoor haaaaa?

I have to think about that if I continue to runters down any "free" games.

Microsoft has already resolved the problem https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/wdsi/submission/325839f1-6b94-4b46-acc4-d2832a80cdaf

• Like 1