Ra2/Yuri's Revenge real laggy/slow

MrCellophane

Question

I installed the collection from Origin but every time I run the game, it's super laggy. I have the game speed set at 5 but it runs like if it was at 1 or 2. Every so often, it'll speed up and everything moves fast but that only lasts about 5 seconds and it slows down again. 

I've ran task manager on the side to keep an eye on the performance. RAM sits usually at about 20% and CPU is at around the 24% mark. I also don't have any other major programs open in the background, not even a Google chrome window open. Only things running are the logitech mouse program for the button mapping and Origin, of course. 

Set up: Intel i5 4670k, GTX 1060 3gb, 16gb RAM (DDR4), installed in a SanDisk SSD. 

5 answers to this question

Oh, wow. This client opened up the game in a totally different version. Its currently updating to 4.26. So from now on do I start the game through this launcher or through origin? Origin used to open the game in full screen but this client opens it up at only about 50% of my screen, so it's a lot smaller than I'd like.