Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Skybee

forced reinstall C&C95 after restarting PC

Hello again!

I have been working on salvaging old computers from my closet so my crew can enjoy some C&C95 together.

On my old GatewayCx210x, windows XP Sp3, machine, C&C95 Gold works great until I shutdown or restart the computer. Then, after I do a shutdown/restart, I return to open game and nothing happens. The game is in the task manager process list, but never actually opens anything at all. To fix this, I have to uninstall/reinstall C&C95 Gold. I used Nyerguds installer from http://nyerguds.arsaneus-design.com/cnc95upd/cc95p106/

Is this an installer problem and should I try a different installer? What should I do?

This is just an annoyance. Besides this, the game continues to process great without any weirdness.

Thanks for any help, appreciate it.

False Alarm!

Turns out I was not giving the WinXP enough time to fully boot up the OS.

After waiting 10 minutes from starting the WinXP machine after a shutdown or reboot, then I was able to open C&C95 just fine.

Still, quite weird. Maybe it accidentally worked? lol.

The patch was created to allow the game to run on modern OSes... why are you playing it on an ancient XP machine?

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By sun16
      So there is this map with a cool background that I want to use as my background and stuff but idk how to get it   192.168.0.1
      192.168.o.1

• By drknox88
      I installed the Origin C&C Generals version of Yuri's Revenge, then I installed Purple Alert. The Purple Alert launcher loads fine, but when I click "Launch Purple Alert" the C&C Generals "Ra2 or YR" launcher pops up. When I click YR it just loads the Vanilla YR. Is there any way to bypass something so that I can play Purple Alert? I played it years ago when I had the non C&C Generals version and it was the best mod ever!
    • By UnsaidNegligent
      Hey peeps.
      I recently installed TFD on my windows 10 pc.
      I had some issues, so i did some googling and found several patches from cncz and nyerguds. This helped but i still have a major lingering problem.
      Whenever i minimize the game or go to my desktop (usually by accidentally hitting the windows button instead of control or alt) i will get a black screen upon reopening the game. I can hear the game running but have no visuals.
      I thought the patches i installed would fix this but apparently they did not.
      I know basically nothing about modding games but i do have a general understanding of coding from working as a web developer about 10 years ago.
      Is there a way i can fix this?
      Any and all advice/help will be greatly appreciated.
    • By [email protected]
      i keep getting no ident response couldnt look up host name ive tried everything nothing working someone please help

(2) [02:31 PM] * February 02 2021 - www.cncnet.org
      (2) [02:31 PM] * Type '/help' to view a list of game lobby commands.
      (2) [02:31 PM] * Connecting... (takes up to 1minute)
      (2) [02:31 PM] * *** Looking up your hostname
      (2) [02:31 PM] * *** Checking Ident
      (2) [02:31 PM] * *** No ident response
      (2) [02:31 PM] * *** Couldn't look up your hostname
      (2) [02:31 PM] * Welcome to the GameSurge IRC Network via NFOServers.com, zfluellon
      (2) [02:31 PM] -Prothid.NY.US.GameSurge.net- Highest connection count: 2 (1 clients)
      (2) [02:31 PM] -Prothid.NY.US.GameSurge.net- Highest connection count: 2 (1 clients)
      (2) [02:31 PM] -Prothid.NY.US.GameSurge.net- on 1 ca 1(400) ft 10(10)
      (2) [02:31 PM] -Prothid.NY.US.GameSurge.net- on 1 ca 1(400) ft 10(10)
      (2) [02:31 PM] -Global- ------------- MESSAGE(S) OF THE DAY --------------
      (2) [02:31 PM] -Global- ------------- MESSAGE(S) OF THE DAY --------------
      (2) [02:31 PM] -Global- [users] Notice from ThiefMaster, posted 01:47 PM, 04/09/2015:
      (2) [02:31 PM] -Global- [users] Notice from ThiefMaster, posted 01:47 PM, 04/09/2015:
      (2) [02:31 PM] -Global- We've just started cloaking the IPs of all users on connect. This should improve your privacy and also lower the risk of being targeted by packet kiddies.
      (2) [02:31 PM] -Global- We've just started cloaking the IPs of all users on connect. This should improve your privacy and also lower the risk of being targeted by packet kiddies.
      (2) [02:31 PM] -Global- [users] Notice from GameSurge, posted 08:59 PM, 05/11/2013:
      (2) [02:31 PM] -Global- [users] Notice from GameSurge, posted 08:59 PM, 05/11/2013:
      (2) [02:31 PM] -Global- You can now follow GameSurge on Twitter bit.ly/1607zvW and Facebook on.fb.me/10Aq5Dx Please "like" and "follow" us to be kept up-to-date on network news, events, and other items!
      (2) [02:31 PM] -Global- You can now follow GameSurge on Twitter bit.ly/1607zvW and Facebook on.fb.me/10Aq5Dx Please "like" and "follow" us to be kept up-to-date on network news, events, and other items!
      (2) [02:31 PM] -Global- [users] Notice from feigling, posted 08:24 PM, 07/17/2008:
      (2) [02:31 PM] -Global- [users] Notice from feigling, posted 08:24 PM, 07/17/2008:
      (2) [02:31 PM] -Global- GameSurge provides a new service called SpamServ which moderates your channel. If you are interested in learning more about it read http://www.gamesurge.net/cms/SpamServ
      (2) [02:31 PM] -Global- GameSurge provides a new service called SpamServ which moderates your channel. If you are interested in learning more about it read http://www.gamesurge.net/cms/SpamServ
      (2) [02:31 PM] -Global- [users] Notice from GameSurge, posted 12:27 PM, 01/20/2007:
      (2) [02:31 PM] -Global- [users] Notice from GameSurge, posted 12:27 PM, 01/20/2007:
      (2) [02:31 PM] -Global- Please be familiar with the GameSurge Acceptable Use Policy. All users on the network are required to abide by it. http://www.gamesurge.net/aup/
      (2) [02:31 PM] -Global- Please be familiar with the GameSurge Acceptable Use Policy. All users on the network are required to abide by it. http://www.gamesurge.net/aup/
      (2) [02:31 PM] -Global- ---------- END OF MESSAGE(S) OF THE DAY ----------
      (2) [02:31 PM] -Global- ---------- END OF MESSAGE(S) OF THE DAY ----------
      (2) [02:31 PM] * Play classic Command & Conquer games online - http://cncnet.org | Server Rules: No Racism, Religion, or cheating of any kind. | This channel is logged: http://goo.gl/9knHIZ
      (2) [02:31 PM] <Shaokhan> lel
      (2) [02:31 PM] <LEGOLAS> attacked what dude
      (2) [02:31 PM] <LEGOLAS> I left even usb
    • By TwinkyBong
      I love this launcher since I can play online with friends in a windowed 1280-800 resolution.
      But I have a question, I need to touch something to play the SINGLEPLAYER game (since I wanna stream the campaing) in a windowed 1280-800 resolution?
      If yes: How?
      If not: Well, I dont lost anything asking