A big issue im having

The1stDecade

Question

Im trying to start up the client but it freezes up and i decided to look into the Client log file to see if anything is wrong. 

It spits out this every time.

client.log

I have checked the files and "battle.ini" is nowhere to be found in my INI folder, i didn't delete it, and the client was running just fine like yesterday. 

Plus it's spitting out "AssetLoader.LoadSound: Sound not found! MainMenu\button.wav" like 10 or so times, the file it's looking for is in the correct place, at least i think, i have no idea whats happening. My mods aren't afflicting in any way. So whats the deal here, is my client not loading to the mainmenu due to it missing battle.ini or is it failing to load due to some update mishaps or something else? Im really concerned the thing may never work again, i've uninstalled and reinstalled the client, TWICE and the same problem occurs, turned off my machine, it occurs, even a repair-job of the RA2:YR copy on TheFirstDecade made it still happen.

Please, i want to play my beloved RTS again and i hope to get this problem fixed!

4 answers to this question

On 6/17/2020 at 4:03 PM, dkeeton said:

Try running as administrator.

It still doesn't work, i have no idea whats wrong with the client. But i still have a hunch the Battle.ini is whats causing this issue, if not, maybe the button.wav file is in the wrong place and i have yet to find it's actual directory. If anyone does have a copy of Battle.INI on hand, do send it to me. My YR game did crash, not the client, whilst i was busy playing on a custom map it always happens when i play a game too long, its seemingly random and i don't think it was the map's fault.

You don't need any Battle.INI and it doesn't ship with the cncnet install. You don't need the WAV files either, that's not stopping it from loading. Something is either blocking it or there is a graphics card problem.

Can you check your antivirus software and possibly add the Yuri's Revenge clientdx.exe and CnCNetYRLauncher.exe as trusted applications.

Or try the OpenGL client by running Resources/clientogl.exe.

15 minutes ago, dkeeton said:

You don't need any Battle.INI and it doesn't ship with the cncnet install. You don't need the WAV files either, that's not stopping it from loading. Something is either blocking it or there is a graphics card problem.

Can you check your antivirus software and possibly add the Yuri's Revenge clientdx.exe and CnCNetYRLauncher.exe as trusted applications.

Or try the OpenGL client by running Resources/clientogl.exe.

The Open GL crashes on launch and so does the XNA version, also since it tells me im running from a writer-protected area, should i move the EA games folder that everything's stored in (without risk of having to reinstall TheFirstDecade)?