RA2 freezes with CnCNet fix

Sanjay852

Question

Hey all, hoping you can help me. I downloaded the CnCNet fix for Red Alert 2/Yuri's Revenge here: https://cncnet.org/red-alert-2

Installed it onto my origin installation (Windows 10 x64 bit), and it works like a charm. However, roughly once every 10-30 minutes of in game time, at some point, the game freezes. Whatever image is displayed will just be stuck forever. I can still hear sounds, and when I press escape I can hear the menu being opened and I can move the cursor around to hear it touching the different menu options, but the actual image is stuck in time requiring the game to be shut down from the task bar and restarted.

This makes trying to play the campaign kind of a pain, and I was wondering if anyone has had a similar issue or knows of ways to fix it? I'm not sure what triggers it - it seems mostly random. Only suspicion I have is it seems to happen when I'm panning the camera a lot? So I've started playing trying not to camera pan much, which I think helped, but ultimately didn't stop the freezing.

jiofi.local.html
router network

Edited by Sanjay852

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet