Can't upload maps anymore with the new update 8.4

ᅚᅚᅚ

Question

Hi, I Can't upload any custom map anymore with the new update Version 8.4, I get "failed to upload map to cncnet database" or something like that.....no one can see my custom maps. when they try to download some tell me they get download failed or no load.

[What I tried]:-

-Uninstalling Anti Virus.

-Allowing CNCNET through firewall.

-Using VPN.

-Running Client As Administrator.

-Changing Tunnel Server.

-Changing Renderer.

-Reopening a custom map with Final Alert 2 and saving a new copy of it then using it instead of using the original copy.

-Uninstalling and Reinstalling the game and cncnet.

-In properties of the game folder, Deselecting "Read-only".

-Yes my maps are .map format.

-Yes I have good internet.

-Yes I can play normal and modded maps with people.

-Yes I can download Custom Maps from others.

what do I do to fix that problem please? (unable to upload custom maps).

Thank You.

3 answers to this question

So finally the solution was to edit map names, there are some numbers or symbols in some maps names need to be removed for example regarding my maps I had to remove the symbol "|" from my map name, and now I can upload it.

and it turned out that i was not the only one who have problem in uploading maps, a friend to me said that he can't upload maps too, so i suggested to him to modify map name and he said that he removed "10" from map name and now he can upload it.

I think there is a problem about "uploading maps to cncnet database" system.

Thank You.

Edited by ᅚᅚᅚ

On 7/31/2021 at 12:30 PM, ᅚᅚᅚ said:

So finally the solution was to edit map names, there are some numbers or symbols in some maps names need to be removed for example regarding my maps I had to remove the symbol "|" from my map name, and now I can upload it.

and it turned out that i was not the only one who have problem in uploading maps, a friend to me said that he can't upload maps too, so i suggested to him to modify map name and he said that he removed "10" from map name and now he can upload it.

I think there is a problem about "uploading maps to cncnet database" system.

Thank You.

Hi yes you have to be careful with special characters, we will look to provide a fix for this as well.

On 8/2/2021 at 9:01 PM, burg93 said:

Hi yes you have to be careful with special characters, we will look to provide a fix for this as well.

Don't forget about very long map names (over 100 characters long). They also crashing the non-host client for some reason.