I have some blurs when scrolling the map in-game, is there some way to fix this?

ArogaE

Question

I'm using 144hz monitor on 1920x1080 res and has already enabled triple buffering with vsync but the blur is still there when moving screen. If it's just unit moving then nothing's wrong, it's only when scrolling screen that the blur happens.

5 answers to this question

I'm playing vanilla on Origin client. Using i5 6500 and rtx 3060.

And I don't think this has anything to do with video compression, it happens strictly in gameplay and the blur only occurs momentarily during map scrolling. Could it be that it's related to the fact that my refresh rate is 144hz? Do I need to limit it to 60 or 30?

Updated : I just downloaded cncnet client and installed it and while a lot has improved, the blur when scrolling still wouldn't go away. I've tested this in the first campaign of Yuri's Revenge. However, when I started up skirmish game of 1v1 there doesn't seem to be a problem with scrolling...this is the only problem I have with the game although I remotely remember it having the same problem of blurry image when scrolling through maps on certain pc when I played it back then...still have no idea what caused it.

Edited by ArogaE

13 hours ago, ArogaE said:

And I don't think this has anything to do with video compression, it happens strictly in gameplay and the blur only occurs momentarily during map scrolling. Could it be that it's related to the fact that my refresh rate is 144hz? Do I need to limit it to 60 or 30?

I didn't say it's caused by video compression, but definitely looks very similar to when you stream at a low bit rate, quiet images look good and when you scroll everything becomes blurry for a second, so, it looks to me more like a graphics problem than screen refresh rate. However you may try what sam-i-am said and see if there's any change.

And yes, the CnCNet fixes alot of graphics problems mainly due to the old vanilla game not being able to work on modern graphic cards. If it improved, you can still get into the CnCNet Client options and try a different video renderer, and also try if your problem happens only on vanilla game or also in a CnCNet Client skirmish game so we could discard things.