FlyingMustache

Personally, I think the only things that should be modified are

• Tesla Tanks
  • Terrorists
  • Tank Destroyers
  • Demolition Truck
  • Grand Cannon
  • The Yuri Faction

RA2's been around for almost 17 years and yet nobody has come up with a way to use the first four units effectively enough so that more people will be willing to choose their respective countries on a regular basis. France's Grand Cannon and the Yuri Faction on the other hand are a little too effective that nobody using a different country wants to play against them.

2 minutes ago, fir3w0rx said:

• Tesla Tanks
  • Terrorists
  • Tank Destroyers
  • Demolition Truck
  • Grand Cannon
  • The Yuri Faction

RA2's been around for almost 17 years and yet nobody has come up with a way to use the first four units effectively enough so that more people will be willing to choose their respective countries on a regular basis. France's Grand Cannon and the Yuri Faction on the other hand are a little too effective that nobody using a different country wants to play against them.

too be honest the yuri faction is so broken i belive its beyound repair or balancing. the lack of units yuris has compared to others may be the reason why 1 unit is as good as couple for other factions.

out of the list, i believe terrorist at present can be used effectively i.e ivan bomb a flak truck full of terrorist can destroy lab,ic,nuke,mcv in one hit :) which is fun to do.

6 minutes ago, [nra]Buffalo said:

.out of the list, i believe terrorist at present can be used effectively i.e ivan bomb a flak truck full of terrorist can destroy lab,ic,nuke,mcv in one hit :) which is fun to do.

True, but I've seen this effectively executed with just conscripts (which are cheaper), in Marko's last stream in fact, which might be why people still prefer Iraq. Although maybe the blast radius isn't as large as with terrorists though. Why not try it against those Chinese yes guys when you play them next to make your TOE games even more fun to watch :D.

19 minutes ago, fir3w0rx said:

True, but I've seen this effectively executed with just conscripts (which are cheaper), in Marko's last stream in fact, which might be why people still prefer Iraq. Although maybe the blast radius isn't as large as with terrorists though. Why not try it against those Chinese yes guys when you play them next to make your TOE games even more fun to watch :D.

lolz toe is too easy to camp on and Chinese players are very observant they would not let a flak in without noticing or reacting. on other maps it is easy to do though and shhh rt gu lang reads the forums ahhahaha.

hmm i never really tried connies in a flak to be honest so iam not sure. but one would not think 5 connies ivaned would kill a ic or mcv  surely not.

The purpose of this mod is to make all the units viable. The original game is fun, I agree with all you guys. But the original game has far too many unused units that is very unfortunate to always see them put aside for the meta units. Other RTS games have been updated very often to fix unbalanced units. Starcraft 1 is about to receive an update... a game that is even older than RA2. Nothing is wrong with trying to fix the game, especially if it's just through maps that aren't being imposed on anyone. All I ever see used is America, Iraq, and Yuri. I feel like this should be different. I would like to know what you guys think is wrong exactly. I'd like to hear some real substance rather than just "mx maps suck!" Give me details as to why you think that.

• Upvote 1

On 7/7/2017 at 2:16 AM, fir3w0rx said:

• Tesla Tanks
  • Terrorists
  • Tank Destroyers
  • Demolition Truck
  • Grand Cannon
  • The Yuri Faction

In our games, those countries can indeed be used without being too underwhelming or overwhelming and they have kept their fundamental identity.

• Upvote 1

On 7/2/2017 at 10:50 PM, Blazer said:

very well said sir, but i rather play YR not mx.quite different games you know.i have more fun playing the original YR than some stupid mx maps(many would agree on this as well).idk how you make the fun out of those **** :(

Yes, nobody is stopping you from playing YR. I sometimes host these maps in my lobbies, with people that actually enjoy playing in them. You don't have to join my lobbies.

let me point out a few things about your mod,

it's sometimes fun to play i understand...even i maybe like to play those a few games...BuT, some changes were really not necessary as they make your maps look so overwhelming.I'd say good job about making Tesla tanks-TDs-terrorists-demo trucks useful and making YR - Yuri less op but some changes like apoc shooting while on move ruins it all. why should 5 apocs kill 15+grizzlies ? apocs have always been good in making combinations(example is apoc + deso or apoc + yuri + flak troopers[in ra2]) and i don't see any reason to change their mechanism.

• Upvote 1

43 minutes ago, Blazer said:

it's sometimes fun to play i understand...even i maybe like to play those a few games...BuT, some changes were really not necessary as they make your maps look so overwhelming.I'd say good job about making Tesla tanks-TDs-terrorists-demo trucks useful and making YR - Yuri less op but some changes like apoc shooting while on move ruins it all. why should 5 apocs kill 15+grizzlies ? apocs have always been good in making combinations(example is apoc + deso or apoc + yuri + flak troopers[in ra2]) and i don't see any reason to change their mechanism.

Apocs were already good in ra2, I know this. However, the shift to yuris greatly undermined them. All the new units added to the game had shoot move functionality. Due to this, apocs fell behind. I brought them up to this new level by allowing them to also shoot move. Apocs will defeat grizzlies on their own, yes. It's a tier 3 unit vs a tier 1 unit. Not to mention, that this is if you pit them alone to each other. Grizzlies + rockies will still defeat the apocs due to the fire being put into disarray. Which is how it should be. The tactic beat out the raw power of the apocs. Also, they require a lab, so you can always kill the lab.

Edited by FlyingMustache
  • Upvote 1

Okay so just to bring up something on the topic. Have any of you ever played any other RTS like Starcraft2? you'll notice how many Re-balances they have done. I think a re-balance is good for yuris. so many factions out-power others "Before skill" of course.  Yuri is the most un-balanced I wouldn't say its beyond REPAIR lmao anything can be re-balanced. In the end it makes the game more fun. remember these maps are Options. They are not pushed on you. Join mx lobbies if your interested. 

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, Blazer said:

I still do not understand how people cannot see that Apocalypse Tanks, still have the same weaknesses (they are far from being overpowered). Guardian GI Battle Fortresses, mass Mirage Tanks, Masterminds, Terror Drones, Chaos Drones just to name a few, are extremely effective against Apocalypse Tanks. Also, Apocalypse Tanks have a weakness to fodderized air units / projectiles, just like Guardian GI Battle Fortresses have the same weakness, if you have a group of Grizzly Tanks, by making just a few Rocketeers, the Apocalypse Tanks will re-direct their fire to the Rocketeers OR Siege Choppers (if you are using Rhino Tanks), those Apocalypse Tanks are as good as dead.

The reason the MX mod has Apocalypse Tanks (shoot on the move and slow startup removed) was because they were too underwhelming for a Tier 3 unit, while other Tier 3 units like the Masterminds and Battle Fortresses have no such limitations. In normal Yuri's Revenge, you may as well use Tier 1 Rhino Tanks which also, do not have these limitations. These are the main reasons as to why people avoided building Apocalypse Tanks. As MustacheX pointed out, the purpose of the MX mod is to make unviable units more viable. If certain units truly become a problem or are lacking, MustacheX will address those concerns accordingly, this has happened time and time again, especially with regards to Tesla Tank tuning over the past two years.

Edited by Kireeek
  • Upvote 2

20 minutes ago, Blazer said:

still i say you have made them too op, you are talking about wasting 15k to kill 5k

5 apocs are 8750. You can make 10 grizz and 3 rockies for the same price. The grizzlies and rockies will win. I don't see anything too powerful. Just remember this is just one weakness of the apoc.

27 minutes ago, Blazer said:

still i say you have made them too op, you are talking about wasting 15k to kill 5k

First off, the pricing is wrong:

Apocalypse Tank = 1750 x 5 = 8750

Grizzly Tank = 700 x 15 = 10500

I left the pricing for the Apocalypse Tanks as normal, due to the fact that the Allies have an Ore Purifier, which gives 25% extra income from ANY source (Miners, Oils and Crates). While the Soviet Industrial Plant reduces the price of tanks by 25%.

Also, you are talking about a Tier 1 unit (Grizzly Tank) vs a Tier 3 unit (Apocalypse Tank), even in normal Yuri's Revenge, Apocalypse Tanks (using Ctrl + Shift of course) WILL more than likely win vs Grizzly Tanks, especially in a head on battle (good tank control can give the edge to the Grizzly Tank player). Oh and by the way, I believe the Grizzly Tanks in the MX version have a better chance of winning, due to the fact they have a boost in range (from 5 to 6) and build much faster. The point you are tying to make about a head on battle, between Apocalypse Tanks and Grizzly Tanks, with the Apocalypse Tanks winning (therefore they are overpowered) is questionable.

Edited by Kireeek

you joking?

we're talking about grizzly vs apoc so ore puri never changes the cost of griz and it's always 10500 for griz, but industrial plant does. apoc is not 1750, it is about 1300 so 1300 x 5 = 6500. also, you're not going to win with 15griz. you'll also need some rockies. that's why it is 15k...

7 hours ago, Blazer said:

you joking?

we're talking about grizzly vs apoc so ore puri never changes the cost of griz and it's always 10500 for griz, but industrial plant does. apoc is not 1750, it is about 1300 so 1300 x 5 = 6500. also, you're not going to win with 15griz. you'll also need some rockies. that's why it is 15k...

No, we're not joking. Don't be condescending, especially when you're wrong. Soviets get the 25% discount from the plant, Allies get a 25% increase from the ore purifier. Due to these bonuses, in order to properly calculate fair spending we either reduce the price of all the units by 25% or leave them at base. I chose to leave them at base. But for your sake, let's calculate the flip side. 5 apocs with plant is 6560. So if the sov spends this much, the allied player will have 25% more to spend for free due to the ore purifier. so he will have about 8200. that's 10 grizz and 2 rockies. The allied player will still win. I'm not so sure why you're hell bent on the grizzlies anyway. Why would you use a tier 1 unit vs a tier 3? MIrage tanks demolish grizzlies, why is there no cry of foul there?

Also, keep in mind that we actually play these scenarios often. You don't. You see a mod map, and instantly leave. You don't have experience in the matter.

Edited by FlyingMustache

i do agree apocs should be stronger. they are a cool unit but when do you ever see them except for long camp games.

about your mod maps, i do think it looks cool and does makes it possible to use other units and tactics, which can be fun. but it just changes the game too much overall and probably just changes the balance but doesnt fix it.

the game sure needed some balancing but we just played like this too long to want to consider changing anything seriously.

Edited by heldro

48 minutes ago, heldro said:

i do agree apocs should be stronger. they are a cool unit but when do you ever see them except for long camp games.

about your mod maps, i do think it looks cool and does makes it possible to use other units and tactics, which can be fun. but it just changes the game too much overall and probably just changes the balance but doesnt fix it.

the game sure needed some balancing but we just played like this too long to want to consider changing anything seriously.

I don't think it changes the game too much. If you play with us during these games, you'll see that it plays almost exactly the same as the current meta game. Only difference being that these underdog units are actually usable. You do make a great point about playing for so long. Most people take issue with mods simply due to being so used to the vanilla game.

1 hour ago, VWWWWWWWWWWW said:

Bailers are not qualified to make alterations to the game =]

If choosing to play with friends makes me bail, then I'll bail. :) Also, you should be reading the forum rules. Harassment, racism, impersonation and rude behavior is not allowed. Please follow the forum rules or I will report you.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Blazer said:

l000l

Please post something of value. You did nothing to rebuke my claim. My point still stands. The games are determined the same way as in vanilla. TC and BO are the driving factors to winning. If you don't like that, RA2 might be the wrong game for you.