Best Current Allied Player on CNCNet?

XXxPrePxX

13 hours ago, Langford said:

Sunny's allied is trash LMAO.

Sunny's level of experience allows him to play any faction at a decent level. How you can call any player who has competed at the top for years 'TRASH' is beyond me.

5 hours ago, Omituinen said:

Well, he also has history of cheating from those days of "competing at the top" :D 

Mabye true but i wouldnt say hes 'trash' he knows the game and can compete at a decent level.  Near 20 years experience gives him an edge over most of the current players. Especially on cncnet.

• Upvote 1

Yeah, I have no problem saying Sunny is a pretty good player. The problem around him has been a cheating past and the fact that he is generally overrated by players he beats due to his personality. He seems to pander to slightly lesser skilled players. I've noticed a lot of players of lesser skill praising sunny for his skill. This is actually really cool -- sunny helps out the community by playing/training the lesser-skilled, but it does factor into him being overrated.

Nonetheless, he's an excellent player and I have no problem with him in Tier 2 of allied play(perhaps near the bottom) and his style of allieds is highly different compared with matt/justin, which is the cool thing about the allied faction.

12 hours ago, XXxPrePxX said:

I was thinking of creating a 16 player 1on1 tournament with 8 soviet players and 8 allied players signed up. Matches would be allies vs. soviets.

when ? + please dont do it this days i want to play this :D  ( and every one is busy do it in june maybe ? ) =)

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, XXxPrePxX said:

Damn, I was hoping to do it in May, as that is my only free week of the summer, but I'll consider anything.

no lol

i was just sudgesting june ( not sure if people can play) (sudgestion only )

2 hours ago, Langford said:

What's the point behind set factions? Did you not have problems last time with just a vanilla tournament?

There's a few reasons for this.

1) I don't think the community really is looking for standard tournaments. Why? Likely because the players at the very top are too damn good. A tournament featuring Marko in it is going to make other players think twice about joining. I look to cater towards the players looking for improvement and want them to have fun. The worst possible tournament to me is one that features players getting swept 5-0. It's not fun for anyone watching, either.

Thus, in this type of tournament, a top soviet player like Marko/TJ might want to join to prove that they could play as the allied faction at the top level. It might make it fun for them to try to compete as a team they don't normally compete as, and it might make it fun for their opponents to have a chance vs them.

2) A selfish reason -- it's more entertaining to watch. I've seen a lot of sov vs sov play lately, especially in 1on1s. I'm bored. I want to see the dynamic between allied players choosing to go for tech army or for the fast/swift rockie/grizz/para army vs. the power of the soviet force. This is Ra2/YR at it's finest to me.

We don't often get to see these matchups without a randomized quick match setting because most players are going to mirror the other competitor on maps that have any sort of advantage for a certain faction (ie. how many competitive players are going to choose allies on dry heat or blood feud when they know their competent opponent is soviets? They might do it for fun, but in a truly competitive game, if they doubt their allied ability they will pick soviets).

All in all, this idea will probably *not* happen based on the response I got in my past tournament offerings so its a moot point.

On 4/24/2017 at 7:41 AM, XXxPrePxX said:

I'm mostly looking for 100% allied 1o1n players that play on CNCNet for the great majority of their games.

Marko -- Of course he is unstoppable, but he is mostly a soviet player that isn't considered a CNCNet player as far as I know.
Buffalo - Soviet player greatly. Sure, could probably play a highly impressive allied faction, but not exactly what I was looking for in nominations :p.

Some interesting names are ico0 and aufruler as I had those two names in my mind when creating this topic. I haven't seen enough good 1on1's from ico0 to nominate him, but he is a hell of a great teammate. Sunny has a pretty solid allied skill level and has been around long enough to be highly competitive in 1on1, but is he really in the top 3 of allied players on cncnet? 

Is there anyone else that we are forgetting? 

im a monster allied waiting in the shadows

• Upvote 1

On 4/24/2017 at 7:41 AM, XXxPrePxX said:
16 hours ago, [NRA]Rocketeer said:

I'm sure we've played :)

i dont think so, considering this is the first time ive seen u ever :P. Havnt been on in some time. Again, i prefer lurking in the shadows until the right time to strike. Like i did to adam and eve at the tree of fruit and knowledge ;)

Edited by Lucifer

• 1 month later...

To end this best allied players are:

Sunny ,ico0,Matt,Justin ,Adam ,marsh ,korc,stratesgt,kinky3sx.

I won't say Buffalo as many have said.beacuse i never saw him pick's allied unless he started random

On 6/2/2017 at 11:26 PM, aWarNoob1 said:

Apparently no one here's ever heard of Dmitry Volkoff from the Russian servers. Pssst... he's the guy who trained Latof.

They just talking about CNC Alb3rt

1 hour ago, VWWWWWWWWWWW said:

ic0 is nowhere near my level. If he ever stopped running from my 1v1 requests I would make him sit down and be humble real quick 

YOu used a big word "humble"...do you know the defintion?  =P

• Upvote 1

On 5/31/2017 at 9:58 PM, JSDS said:

To end this best allied players are:

Sunny ,ico0,Matt,Justin ,Adam ,marsh ,korc,stratesgt,kinky3sx.

I won't say Buffalo as many have said.beacuse i never saw him pick's allied unless he started random

Seriously though...

Ico/allen/porc are decent, who is adam? Kinky is absolute trash, and sunny is mediocre at best. I haven't played with marsh since like 2002.