Is Allied vs Soviet Balanced?

MapDesigner

On 10/24/2017 at 3:04 PM, fir3w0rx said:

Tesla tanks make great anti-infantry/light armor, so will the demo trucks and terrorists if their values are tweaked.

Yes, I know this. I understood it a while back, hence why I refined their roles in my mod. What's your in game name? You should join us sometime so you can take a glimpse of the upgraded versions of these units.

On 10/25/2017 at 4:17 PM, xe3 said:

i like how allies have answers for everything. desos? robo tanks are 100% immune against radiation, battlefortress + sniper/seals, harriers, rocketeers.....the rest of special units are so useless german tank destroyer is better. communists don't have this luxury.

i love allies on top v bottom!!! as soon as mirage or prism rides out from the wf, it's gg to any communist worshiper. i also like how spy basically give prism tanks rhino armor because fuck you i deserve to win.

xe3 with post of the year material here. That hate for the commies is REAL. 

But hey, I can do it too...

1 DESO >>> 50 MIRAGES

1 DESO >> 50 NAVY SEALS

1 DESO >> 100 Prism tanks

1 RHINO >> 69069 Chrono miners

1 FLAK TRAK > 10 ROCKIES

It's about the way you use the units, tho.

Also, on the topic of robot tanks -- robot tanks suck guys. Let's not get carried away. They require power to be on, they require a separate building just to build them. Their cool as hell, but no one uses them in 1on1 games. Also xe3, any talk of balance begins with playing YR the normal way -- without insane modded maps, where, yes -- allieds reign supreme. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, XXxPrePxX said:

xe3 with post of the year material here. That hate for the commies is REAL. 

But hey, I can do it too...

1 DESO >>> 50 MIRAGES

1 DESO >> 50 NAVY SEALS

1 DESO >> 100 Prism tanks

1 RHINO >> 69069 Chrono miners

1 FLAK TRAK > 10 ROCKIES

It's about the way you use the units, tho.

Also, on the topic of robot tanks -- robot tanks suck guys. Let's not get carried away. They require power to be on, they require a separate building just to build them. Their cool as hell, but no one uses them in 1on1 games. Also xe3, any talk of balance begins with playing YR the normal way -- without insane modded maps, where, yes -- allieds reign supreme. 

you have to be extremely bad at this game if you lose 50 mirages to 1 deso

1 mirage = 2 desos

you communist

but thanks for admitting that allies are the best

Edited by xe3

1 hour ago, Lucifer said:

lets not also underestimate the power of siege choppers here too. Those things.... they come in, kill ur rockets, force anti air, plop down , get iron-curtained and 

-HO-     

-LY-

SHIT. 

lol choppers....useless unit. unless it's ww5 where anything soviet is overbuffed just so they would have a chance against allies. ww5 has been created by a communist.

20 minutes ago, xe3 said:

you have to be extremely bad at this game if you lose 50 mirages to 1 deso

1 mirage = 2 desos

you communist

but thanks for admitting that allies are the best

So instead of sayin that allies is op and the best why don't u prove it ? play normal games not modded maps Red zone ww5 etc.. allies r good at some maps but if u r saying allies is better in everything we would like an actual prove of that do 1v1 vs a good soviet player and then come here and say the same thing

3 minutes ago, DoDger said:

So instead of sayin that allies is op and the best why don't u prove it ? play normal games not modded maps Red zone ww5 etc.. allies r good at some maps but if u r saying allies is better in everything we would like an actual prove of that do 1v1 vs a good soviet player and then come here and say the same thing

lol, don't feed the troll. You'll be blacklisted as a commie. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, XXxPrePxX said:

lol, don't feed the troll. You'll be blacklisted as a commie. 

lol it's just all talk i can come here and talk about how the soviet engi is better than the yuri's engi and talk for 4-5 pages but unless i hv something to prove it with it's all just a talk he can troll all the way he wants no1 is buyin it

6 hours ago, DoDger said:

allied are the best, not op. westwood was an american company and einstein was the main scientist. learn the difference, communist.

Edited by xe3

5 hours ago, xe3 said:

allied are the best, not op. westwood was an american company and einstein was the main scientist. learn the difference, communist.

i see ty for proving my point about u r all about talking ?
 we should rly close this topic it's getting weird

• Like 1

This topic is getting weird, alright. The topic starter is a troll to begin with, he created this topic and said stuffs opposite to what the experienced players said in this very thread.

And said "that allies are much more powerful than the soviets are. Here are the reasons: " he thinks allies is powerful because " Their naval units can invade lands and clear the shores to help deploying troops from transports " , aircraft carrier hornets can reveal shroud while soviet dreadnought missiles can't and other minor stuffs that doesn't really affect 99% of most games.

Claims never played multiplayer online and acts like he knows everything and denying experienced player's objections with his points.

He makes stupid comparisons like comparing a kirov to jets, how aircraft carrier are better than dreadnoughts in self-defense although both units are meant to be bad at self-defense. Saying about V3 launchers suck just because a higher tier prism is better without even mentioning the V3's merits.

In another thread he made, he whines about why there are no naval-specific country exclusive unit and said that naval unit country should be unavailable on maps without water (is this guy even for real?) Now he stops arguing after seeing us bickering and quarrel with each other in the last 8 pages while he giggles behind his computer screen eating popcorn as his troll mission is successful.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

57 minutes ago, ore_truck said:

This topic is getting weird, alright. The topic starter is a troll to begin with, he created this topic and said stuffs opposite to what the experienced players said in this very thread.

And said "that allies are much more powerful than the soviets are. Here are the reasons: " he thinks allies is powerful because " Their naval units can invade lands and clear the shores to help deploying troops from transports " , aircraft carrier hornets can reveal shroud while soviet dreadnought missiles can't and other minor stuffs that doesn't really affect 99% of most games.

Claims never played multiplayer online and acts like he knows everything and denying experienced player's objections with his points.

He makes stupid comparisons like comparing a kirov to jets, how aircraft carrier are better than dreadnoughts in self-defense although both units are meant to be bad at self-defense. Saying about V3 launchers suck just because a higher tier prism is better without even mentioning the V3's merits.

In another thread he made, he whines about why there are no naval-specific country exclusive unit and said that naval unit country should be unavailable on maps without water (is this guy even for real?) Now he stops arguing after seeing us bickering and quarrel with each other in the last 8 pages while he giggles behind his computer screen eating popcorn as his troll mission is successful.

Good post, however, I will say there has been some very good discussion in this thread! I enjoyed it. I love getting the chance to discuss how the soviets are actually the overpowered team in YR as it is a very common misconception (Due to FFG's / Mod maps) that allies are the overpowered squad. 

Edited by XXxPrePxX

Also, it's silly to say that V3's suck when they have a direct purpose. They are a side unit used to serve very select situations, which they do well. Extremely long range, decent damage situations. No one ever makes them in 1on1 unless their in these very rare situations, so it's not like they hurt the soviets in any way.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

another issue is the korea-america thing. Koreans are alot --and i mean A LOT-- better in ra2 sadly.  Just as good if not better than America imo. In yuris... korea is kind of (still playable) a joke. Nowhere near as effective. Flak tracks do like 2x (?) more damage + siege additional anti air to air option + force shield defense option.

Would allies be overpowered or more balanced if America could build black eagles instead of harriers? in ra2 they would be OP, but in yuris ? 

• Ferret locked this topic
  • Grant unlocked this topic