Map scrolling

Mosquito

Question

Hi all,

I am really sorry if this topic has already been discussed (what I guess), but I simply didn't find it anywhere in this Forum. I found similar topics, yes, but not exactly this issue I am facing. So, please forgive me when I ask this now:

I am using Windows 7. I have recently started playing Yuri's Revenge in CnCNet. When I play Skirmish the scroll speed when I move my mouse cursor to the right/left/top/bottom to slide across the map is uncomfortably/really slow. It is only fast if I right click, but in this case it is just too fast. I have already increased the scroll speed to the max in the Options, both in the Options in the Main Menu, as well as in the Options when a Skirmish game is open. I haven't tried a CnCNet game yet, because I fear that the map scrolling will simply be the same. I am sure there is a fix for this. Could anybody please be so kind to let me know?

Thank you very much,

Mosquito

2 answers to this question

9 hours ago, Mosquito said:

When I play Skirmish the scroll speed when I move my mouse cursor to the right/left/top/bottom to slide across the map is uncomfortably/really slow. It is only fast if I right click

I've rarely ever used the sides of the screen to scroll around, so correct me if I'm wrong (anybody), but I think this is normal. The sides of the screen and arrow keys are only used for slower and more precise scrolling, which would have been perfect back in the day when people were still using 640x480 screen resolutions. But once you get used to right-click scrolling, it will be just as accurate.

But again, I could be wrong, although my game is exactly the same as you describe above.