CnCNet Forums

Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
FELlTH

How can I use ForcedOptions on my Custom Map?

Question

9 answers to this question

5 hours ago, FELlTH said:

if any Waypoint#= does exist in .map file under [Basic] section, Client will use Waypoint<0-7>= instead of <0-7>= under [Waypoints] section

I'll consider it. Although I think a key like HiddenStartingLocations= might work better.

5 hours ago, FELlTH said:

edit: I think you should use new [Client] section for your Client stuff instead of [Basic]. is this possible?

It'd be possible, but I don't want to break maps that already make use of the client's features. There's not many of those, but still.

On 23.11.2017 at 5:56 AM, FELlTH said:

Did you have any Documentation for this yet?

Because the client was mostly developed based on the different projects' (DTA, TI, MO, YR) needs and I've mostly been the only developer, there is no real documentation. Instead, you can look at the different projects that already utilize the client, or its source code for how it works.

• Like 1

I created .ini file the same name as .map and put this into the ini

[ForcedOptions]
chkSuperweapons=true

the Superweapons setting still uncheckable in the lobby

also use this on .map itself and still doesn't worked.

[Basic]
ForcedOptions=superweaponsForcedOptions

More Question.

How to add high res preview on my Custom map?

Edited by FELlTH

You can't use a separate INI with custom maps. Instead, create a [ForcedOptions] section to the map file itself, and there set chkSuperweapons=true.

There is some way to replace FinalAlert's generated preview image with a higher-quality image, but I can't remember it.

1 hour ago, Rampastring said:

Instead, create a [ForcedOptions] section to the map file itself, and there set chkSuperweapons=true.

doesn't worked. t^t

edit: I'm on Mental Omega btw.

more custom maps question.

How can I hide a Starting location on the classic preview map? (well, I can't use "high res preview map with Waypoint0=" to solve this.)

Edited by FELlTH

The client version needs to be at least 2.0.9.1 for it to work, and MO's client is older than that. You'll need to wait for the MO team to publish an update.

How can I hide a Starting location on the classic preview map? (well, I can't use "high res preview map with Waypoint0=" to solve this.)

You cannot. Why do you want to hide it?

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Rampastring said:

You cannot. Why do you want to hide it?

I don't want players to choose a point on the preview that I want to hide. that point is only for AI that spawning by "EnemyHouse0=".

Edited by FELlTH

It's easiest to use a waypoint index higher than 7 for the EnemyHouse spawn location, the client allows it, and I think the game should allow it too (IIRC it works at least in Tiberian Sun).

So for example place waypoint 10 in the map editor and specify that for the EnemyHouse0 starting location. Use waypoints 0-7 for human players only.

• Confused 1

On 21/11/2560 at 7:42 AM, Rampastring said:

It's easiest to use a waypoint index higher than 7 for the EnemyHouse spawn location, the client allows it, and I think the game should allow it too (IIRC it works at least in Tiberian Sun).

So for example place waypoint 10 in the map editor and specify that for the EnemyHouse0 starting location. Use waypoints 0-7 for human players only.

didn't work. I changed waypoint 5(6),6(7),7(8) to 16,17,18  then I changed spawn location of EnemyHouse0-2 to match with my new waypoint and yeah starting point 6,7,8 on the preview now gone. I choose to spawn at 1, Ally AI at 2 and then I tried to start the game. enemy AI that should be on waypoint 16,17,18. instead, they spawning at waypoint 2(3),3(4),4(5).
When I try again with one more Ally AI. The game won't starting load. (sound like, there is no location left for an enemy AI to take it)

Do I understand this syntax correct?

EnemyHouse0=<country>,<color>,<spawnAtWaypoint>

Did you have any Documentation for this yet?

Edited by FELlTH

@Rampastring you should do this.

if any Waypoint#= does exist in .map file under [Basic] section, Client will use Waypoint<0-7>= instead of <0-7>= under [Waypoints] section

edit: I think you should use new [Client] section for your Client stuff instead of [Basic]. is this possible?

Edited by FELlTH