December Holiday 2v2 Tournament Sign up

XXxPrePxX

OK guys, we will start it this weekend and for anyone who has issues -- we can talk. Still open to objections, but I can't imagine anyone have issues with starting it early.

I figure we will just do a simple "loser picks map" situation with the first map being heck freezes over. That way we don't have to create a long list of rules on which maps are included.

As for SW on/off? I'm leaning towards off.

13 hours ago, XXxPrePxX said:

Ok, that puts us up to 8 teams.

Is anyone against us starting this tournament within a few days?

I can put together a random bracket, some basic rules, and we can have anyone else who wants to join try to tag on to a team so that we can start to have some teams of 3 to ensure games get played. 

So, anyone against starting this tournament now and hopefully ending by the end of December?

I can't play next week for doing school tests :(

But the week after i can :)

And btw prep what rules will be in this tournament like : starting map .who picks ? Sw on or off ? How many till serie ends ?  Ect..

Edited by JSDS

8 hours ago, XXxPrePxX said:

OK guys, we will start it this weekend and for anyone who has issues -- we can talk. Still open to objections, but I can't imagine anyone have issues with starting it early.

I figure we will just do a simple "loser picks map" situation with the first map being heck freezes over. That way we don't have to create a long list of rules on which maps are included.

As for SW on/off? I'm leaning towards off.

On I'd say,  to avoid overly long games for streaming 

3 hours ago, JSDS said:

I can't play next week for doing school tests :(

But the week after i can :)

And btw prep what rules will be in this tournament like : starting map .who picks ? Sw on or off ? How many till serie ends ?  Ect..

No problem -- Since we're starting earlier then expected it won't put us into too much of a rush. 

And the rules will likely be as follows:

Starting map: Heck Freezes Over (some variation to be determined)
Who picks: Loser picks next map
SW: On/off (undetermined, but likely On based on others comments here)
Series played to 5 wins likely.

All these rules will be confirmed in the final post when we get the bracket up. 

3 hours ago, XXxPrePxX said:

Awesome, you guys are in. 
@Blazer, no problem -- you can join up with a team and be a third member if you'd like. I'd be fine with you joining my team if you know Rocketeer at all?

i can join you as a 3rd team m8 but not sure if i know rocketeer. any other nicks?

8 minutes ago, Aka_Cp3 said:

Hey there! me and my friend would to participate on this tournament can we?? 

aka_cp3  and alfre2

Please let us know, we can play on the weekends

You are unknown to this community. Unfortunately, if no one else can vouch for your participation, then we are full at 8 teams. I am guessing you are someone known on random nicknames -- it'd be much easier to just let us know who you are to play, otherwise I can't let you join as I have no idea if you'll be active/who you are.

I'm up for streaming on this weekend! Glad to know that I dont need to have tournament in mind until the middle of december.

Give me exact time, when it starts, and I'll try to make a good show out of it. :)

Also, I can help with organisation stuff. If you going to use any service, which allows to publish tourny brackets online, u can give me admin rights so I could edit scores by myself, and you dont need to watch all games.

Need to say, according to my experience of tournament hosting, we may have to get reconnection errors in some games. We need to have judges who will make decision, to restart game or to give a win to a team, that was far ahead. You can promote me to judge. In ideal situation, I think we have to have 3 judges, and solve such situations by voting.

Edited by Win4ester
  • Upvote 1