December Holiday 2v2 Tournament Sign up

XXxPrePxX

• This tournament will be held from a rough range of December 10th-Januaryish.
  • All games will be streamed
  • No Yuri faction allowed
  • Please only sign up if you know you'll be around and ready to play.
  • Looking for 8 to 16 total teams to have a simple single elimination bracket
  • Settings/Maps to be determined

So far it looks like we have something like

-NRA Rocketeer + Prep + SodswSov
-Scalpem + Dodger
-Frequenzy + Heldro
- Matt (Vwwwwww) + Max
-Buffalo + Chandler + Justin
-Quix + Gun_Man + a1nthony
-LeOwnzAll + JSDS + Sypoy
-Marsh + Kinkys3x
-lud0wig + Zhasulan
-Tim and ZigZag
-Luci + Marko + Dan

(If any of these teams can't confirm, please let us know in this post.)

Please confirm teams in this post.

Interested:
Blazer

Streamers:
Win4ester

Edited by XXxPrePxX
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

hm. 10th of december is hard for me to play bcuz of my final exams 15th december till 15/1 so iam not quite sure if i can play or not [ will be playing but won't be active as usual ] so me and scalp will work this out and confirm it bk here but until then don't count us in

Edited by DoDger

Maybe you should have it be similar to clan games....where instead of just a team being 2 people, you have maybe 3 or 4 on a team so it's easier to arrange games. From what I remember in the past it's been hard to get people to show up at the same time, but if you have like 3 people per team then it would be easier. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, DoDger said:

hm. 10th of december is hard for me to play bcuz of my final exams 15th december till 15/1 so iam not quite sure if i can play or not [ will be playing but won't be active as usual ] so me and scalp will work this out and confirm it bk here but until then don't count us in

Well, Dec. 10th is just the start time. 

You have final exams throughout the Holiday break? That sucks! Just let us know :). 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, VWWWWWWWWWWW said:

Maybe you should have it be similar to clan games....where instead of just a team being 2 people, you have maybe 3 or 4 on a team so it's easier to arrange games. From what I remember in the past it's been hard to get people to show up at the same time, but if you have like 3 people per team then it would be easier. 

That's a good suggestion that I have no problem with. If people want teams of 3-4 then by all means...

... Just let's try to keep some of the teams balanced. In the interest of competition ;).

6 hours ago, Win4ester said:

Until how many victories would teams play? 

Also, lets make Superweapons ON, to give more dynamic to the game. SW's dont allow to camp much. Its too boring, to watch players camping.

Yeah, SW most likely will be on unless other teams have issues with it. Victories to be determined based on how big the tournament gets, but Probably at most 5 wins and at least 3 wins. 

Don't want to have TOO many wins required otherwise that's a big time commitment. 

20 hours ago, SodswSov said:

Ok if you get at least 6 teams of 3-4 players, give them a whole month to play and just have Ron log all the games into a spread sheet to keep track of wins. (Have it mandatory to be streamed?) 

I didn't mean to make it a requirement to have 3-4 players. If you have a m8 that you think is reliable and easy to arrange games with, 2 is enough. If you have 2 m8s and both are only on sometimes or busy during that time, then maybe sign up with both. That kind of thing. If everyone has 3-4 players that will = less teams to play against 

• Like 1

On 11/25/2017 at 4:50 AM, XXxPrePxX said:

Yeah, SW most likely will be on unless other teams have issues with it. Victories to be determined based on how big the tournament gets, but Probably at most 5 wins and at least 3 wins. 

Don't want to have TOO many wins required otherwise that's a big time commitment. 

True - I'd go with 5 wins.  3 is too few in my opinion.  Take for example last tourney when Ankarar and I were down 3-0 to Tony and Adam and then we followed that up with 5 straight wins.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Gun_Man said:

True - I'd go with 5 wins.  3 is too few in my opinion.  Take for example last tourney when Ankarar and I were down 3-0 to Tony and Adam and then we followed that up with 5 straight wins.

Yuri faction newbs. I’d say you could go first round 3 wins to advance and then 5 wins to advance in the later rounds.. kind of like nba or mlb playoffs.

Ok, that puts us up to 8 teams.

Is anyone against us starting this tournament within a few days?

I can put together a random bracket, some basic rules, and we can have anyone else who wants to join try to tag on to a team so that we can start to have some teams of 3 to ensure games get played. 

So, anyone against starting this tournament now and hopefully ending by the end of December?