YR & RA2 mode, what needs updating?

[CC] RaVaGe

Unit movement speeds are the same, I know the feeling, RA2 felt way faster too when I came to YR. 
The first PP builds faster because of how the netcode works, you get a sudden boost of speed at first powerplant then the game goes through the connection synchronization and you can literally feel the lag as it does it work, then after rax, usually after 1-2 dogs it evens out and goes  smooth.

Yeah I was dissassembling the game and after 30 to 90 seconds it uses tighter network timings. Especially noticable on WOL/XWIS. You start of with huge delay then it suddenly becomes less after 30 to 90 seconds.

I suggest recording on xwis YR and xwis RA2...problem is you need two people for this. Then record on CnCndNet YR and then with ra2 mode on. So you have 4 recordings. You can use a video editor to get the frames on which you click the sidebar for production of units/buildings and the end frame of the production. And you can also get the frame for building placement start and end. You can also do this with unit movement.

Do keep in mind that >90 secs window for lag adjustment, so do whatever you did at the start of the match again after 90 seconds.

Edited by Iran

More things I remember: In vanilla RA2 civilian caps (taxis, etc) that are mind controlled do not get auto attacked if you move them to enemy base (except AI I believe). In YR and RA2mode it does. You could bring a school bus with 5 infantries with it and sneak on someone's base, this is no longer possible since it gets auto fired.

This is very minor but differences are differences. Also, the Propaganda Truck civilian truck in the RA2 mission has an announcer speaking over and over. While this truck was only used in Single Player, the truck also had the same speech in Multiplayer if placed in map. in YR it was completely removed.

In RA2 neutral hostile is friends with the AI, and in maps such as city under siege the gates open for them. This is no longer the case in YR.

Yes, minor shit here but its differences :P

Neutral vehicles (like cars and stuff) scatter when you attack them in RA2, while on YR they just don't

It's easier to lift up and kill vehicles with V3 in YR compared to RA2, where it's impossible lol

In YR, Dreadnought and Boomer sub cannot be controlled when the spawn slots are freed

Edited by Lud0wig

Moreee minor stuff.

Ore Purifier still animates regardless of low power or not in RA2. In YR (and RA2mode) it no longer animates when you are low on power.

The loading theme on RA2 mode is still the theme of YR (Bully Kit), not RA2 (Jank). Not sure if this can be changed or hardcoded in the client. Ditto for the score theme, which I think could actually be easier replaced, since score is not used in the 'BGM playlist', while loading is.

When you have something mind controlled of a team that is defeated, the unit explodes/die in RA2. In YR you will keep it and if mind controlled yuri dies, becomes neutral hostile.

When a neutral oil derrick (and any tech building I believe) is half destroyed, and its still from neutral, it starts moving in YR. This is not the case in RA2.

I know this gets so minor that I doubt it will be made THIS authentic (as well as very unlikely events like the mind controlled defeat thing), but differences is differences.

33 minutes ago, Gun_Man said:

Repairing tanks on ally's service depot.  I read through and didnt see anyone mention this

Whats wrong with it?

27 minutes ago, ZAIN said:

service depot glitch for soviets :3 is there anyway to fix it?

What glitch?

1 hour ago, Gun_Man said:

Repairing tanks on ally's service depot.  I read through and didnt see anyone mention this

1 hour ago, ZAIN said:

service depot glitch for soviets :3 is there anyway to fix it?

Kinda pointless to post if you don't describe the specifics of the fault, the developers who are going to be fixing these bugs need to know how to reproduce them.

1 hour ago, FReQuEnZy said:

Kinda pointless to post if you don't describe the specifics of the fault, the developers who are going to be fixing these bugs need to know how to reproduce them.

in red alert 2 when you have a damaged vehicle and your ally has a depot, you can select your damaged vehicle and then click on the depot so that it would repair your vehicle. in YR however(and ra2 mode) you can't do the same. i.e you can't repair your vehicle with a depot unless it is yours.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, ZiGZaG said:

Whats wrong with it?

What glitch?

I am not sure if ra2 mode of cncnet or yuris revenge have this glitch but in real ra2,  If a tank stands on depot while attacking it will be destroyed, 

And one more thing , in yuris revenge i can't give money to my ally with miners, i am not sure  about this though , ( someone confirm this )

Edited by ZAIN

14 hours ago, ZAIN said:

I am not sure if ra2 mode of cncnet or yuris revenge have this glitch but in real ra2,  If a tank stands on depot while attacking it will be destroyed, 

And one more thing , in yuris revenge i can't give money to my ally with miners, i am not sure  about this though , ( someone confirm this )

it is possible to mine for your ally in both YR and ra2 mode(unless you don't have any refs which is the same in the original ra2)

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Legolas said:

it is possible to mine for your ally in both YR and ra2 mode(unless you don't have any refs which is the same in the original ra2)

In some rare cases the miners won't start mining the ore, no matter what one does. However depositing ore into an ally's refinery has always been possible.

So, the fact that in ra2 mode you can't repair your tank on your ally's service depot will be ignored?  or is this not specific enough?

21 hours ago, Legolas said:

in red alert 2 when you have a damaged vehicle and your ally has a depot, you can select your damaged vehicle and then click on the depot so that it would repair your vehicle. in YR however(and ra2 mode) you can't do the same. i.e you can't repair your vehicle with a depot unless it is yours.

Do you need a video of it?

2 hours ago, FReQuEnZy said:

In some rare cases the miners won't start mining the ore, no matter what one does. However depositing ore into an ally's refinery has always been possible.

There may be a difference. In Tiberian Sun the owner of the miner gets the money. In YR the owner of the refinery gets the money. Is RA2 the same as YR?

37 minutes ago, dkeeton said:

In YR the owner of the refinery gets the money. Is RA2 the same as YR?

That behaviour in RA2 is the same.

What I was saying is a rare bug or a glitch in intended behaviour.

In RA2 when you had at least 1 refinery left you could harvest ore and deposit in your ally's refinery for his benefit, while once the refinery was destroyed the harvesters refused to harvest the ore, except in rare circumstances. I've experienced a similar case in YR where I lost all my refineries but they continued to harvest until full of ore, while in other cases they stopped entirely and refused to accept harvest commands (as in they move to targeted ore, but don't harvest).

• Grant pinned this topic
  • Grant locked and unpinned this topic