YouTube Submissions Now Open!

Grant

Commanders, listen up. We're now re-accepting YouTube submissions to be uploaded to our official channel.
We're asking for your videos so we can upload them to our channel.

Feature-Promo.png-size.png

Cool. What's in it for me though?

• An audience of 8000+ subscribers, and a combined follower count on social media channels of 18,000+
  • Full credits go to your YouTube channel in the description, it's a great way to advertise to your channel and get out there to be subscribed to.
  • When we advertise the video, we'll often advertise your @twitter handle or @facebook handle too!

What's in it for CnCNet?

We'd love to keep our channel fresh with gameplay each week. The reality we're often too busy maintaining everything that makes CnCNet work. So we're asking for your help.

• A video a week can improve our presence across the web. 
  • More players find out about CnCNet and join to play with us online.

I get it. A video is what you need, I can help!

1. Download and install Google Drive -  (You can use your Google/YouTube account)
  2. Right click the Google Drive tray icon and click "Open Google Drive Folder".
  3. Create a new folder inside of your Google Drive folder and name it like this "(My username) CnCNet Videos"
  4. Copy the Video files you would like to share with us to the newly created folder
  5. Visit the Google Drive website  and right click the folder you just made and uploaded the videos to, click "Share" and change your sharing settings to "Anyone with the link" or "Public on the web"
  6. Finally, post the link to the folder here in this topic.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Question: what footage/video is allowed and what isn't? Is Single-player allowed? Is skirmish good enough? Does it have to be multiplayer with only humans or is an AI or 2 allowed?

You didn't specify.

3 minutes ago, TAK02 said:

Question: what footage/video is allowed and what isn't? Is Single-player allowed? Is skirmish good enough? Does it have to be multiplayer with only humans or is an AI or 2 allowed?

You didn't specify.

So long as it's a C&C game we support and is entertaining that's good for us. It can be Single player, Skirmish or Online. Totally up to you.

I got a bunch on my channel if you guys want to rip them from it. I would rather not redownload them and reupload them. All 4 of my google drives are full of isos and other files. Please just rip them from my channel and link them I ,  the script. Thanks

https://www.youtube.com/user/MrRabidsnypr

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/31/2018 at 3:13 PM, Ferret said:

I'll post up some submissions. Although, at the moment, I'm unable since my recording resolution is 16:10. The aspect ratio would be very much so off and wouldn't look the greatest.

Can't you just play with a very large windowed 16:9?

• 4 weeks later...

I will be on the lookout for quality gameplay/commentary to upload to the CnCNet YouTube channel. While top notch gameplay is cool, quality commentary, personality, high quality video (1080p) and audio is what will help you stand out. If you want me to feature your stuff, submit a google drive link with your video with a potential TITLE and the social handles you want to be featured in the description.

I upload a few videos a month of YR Red-Resurrection games, however I don't record at 1080 because that res is too high to view the game comfortably IMO. I'm also not sure the videos will pass whatever quality tests Bryan has here as my upload is far too slow to increase the bitrate any higher. I also wouldn't upload them twice for that reason, so if someone from CnCNet wanted to reupload them they'd have to use a YouTube downloader to get the file (which I would too as I don't save my videos permanently).

Here's a recent game though as an example: https://youtu.be/gDd-4kCoN94

1 hour ago, OmegaBolt said:

I upload a few videos a month of YR Red-Resurrection games, however I don't record at 1080 because that res is too high to view the game comfortably IMO. I'm also not sure the videos will pass whatever quality tests Bryan has here as my upload is far too slow to increase the bitrate any higher. I also wouldn't upload them twice for that reason, so if someone from CnCNet wanted to reupload them they'd have to use a YouTube downloader to get the file (which I would too as I don't save my videos permanently).

Here's a recent game though as an example: https://youtu.be/gDd-4kCoN94

I know what you mean about resolution -- It sometimes feels more immersive at a lower res. 720p is my minimum cutoff, so this is fine. You have a good voice, microphone quality sounds nice. The only critique I'd offer would be to invest in a pop filter ($5) and put a sock over your microphone to cut down on the harsh "pops" and breathing tears. Depending on what program you use to record you can set a minimum threshold for microphone activation so it won't pick up any extraneous noises (e.g. breathing). Also moving away from the microphone could help if you are right on top of it or already have the aforementioned easy fixes. Something I do sometimes is use a reference object  to gauge how far away to be from the microphone. Mine is an unsharpened pencil - I put one end on the microphone and the other on my chin to maintain consistent distance from the mic (and therefore consistent voice quality/volume/tone). Great job overall!

Edited by iTzBryan

I just use a really old cheap headset honestly, with some makeshift popfilter made from tights and paperclips, as the old foam rotted away years ago. :P  Getting a new mic soon though for music purposes, but I'll use it for voice too. Should be better. I do post filter for noise cutoff, noise removal and some compression etc to get the best out of the old girl.

I already said a big problem is my upload speed, so I'm definitely not doing that. YouTube has not notably reduced the quality of the videos I have uploaded, they just have a low bitrate to keep the file sizes small. Did first video my with new mic though: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=asPu_ADApkI  Needs tighter post processing to remove some of the harsher sibilance sounds etc but its just a first.

Edited by OmegaBolt
  • Like 1