Beta RA tesla tank!

Nyerguds

Yeah. It's quite far to the front, but it's really like that in the pic. C&C has offset correction on the MHQ turret, but RA doesn't have that on its MRJ, so I blame that :P

For the Tesla Tank they got around this by actually rendering the vehicle's frames so it rotates with the back of the vehicle as center.

Yeah. It's quite far to the front, but it's really like that in the pic. C&C has offset correction on the MHQ turret, but RA doesn't have that on its MRJ, so I blame that :P

For the Tesla Tank they got around this by actually rendering the vehicle's frames so it rotates with the back of the vehicle as center.

What if you make a single sprite with both the body and the turret? Not that it really rotates or anything. Or is it animated?

On another note, I think it would be really cool if this restored version were used in the Counterstrike Legacy of Tesla mission :) (IIRC it is possible to change unit graphics for a single mission by adding the Image= tag to the unit data inside the scenario INI)

It's animated (like the MRJ turret), so you can't do that without removing the animation.

And yeah, it can be added in Legacy of Tesla with arda, but I don't know if the game reads additional graphics files for single missions if the graphics aren't mentioned anywhere in rules.ini.

• 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Is this compatible online? I'd like to add the AM Tesla  Tank replacement as an optional feature in my RA1 package. Add it as a replacement for the Tesla Tank in the Counterstrike missions too but I don't know how I'd only apply the change to Counterstrike missions and not the MRJ globally.

Edit: Tested it with Funky, it works online without desync. Does the Image= trick work if added inside a map file?

Edit 2: The Image= trick doesn't work according to Funky. Instead he changed those missions and replaced the MRJ with TTNK

• 2 weeks later...

I fixed per map Image= now. Like you said the graphics were only loaded on startup.

I'll be adding an option to load betateslatank.mix to my patch in a few days (and add a config tool option for it), I'll have it load modified versions of Counterstrike missions with the MRJ Tesla Tank graphics replaced with ur beta Tesla Tank MJR replacement and the AM TTNK replacement.