CnCNet Forums

Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Andy.

Can't figure out how to get rid of black bar on side of my screen while recording

Question

11 answers to this question

Settings->Video-> Set Base Canvas to 1600x1024 ad Output to 1600x1024

it didn't work, it still has the huge black line on the right side of my screen.

16 minutes ago, Andy. said:

it didn't work, it still has the huge black line on the right side of my screen. 

Watch that video and take a screen shot where the black bar is.

If I upload to YouTube all of this will be black just like in the video I posted in my first post.

test.png

Yeah, because your resolution isn't 16x9, those black bars are added by vlc because you have the window maximized.

OBS can stretch it to 16x9 but I don't think it looks better. You would have to set Output (Scaled) Resolution to 1920x1080.

So is there a way where I can upload these videos to YouTube and not have this huge black bar?

On 3/22/2019 at 9:41 AM, Andy. said:

So is there a way where I can upload these videos to YouTube and not have this huge black bar?

Either choose a 16:9 screen resolution in the game settings and play the game with it, or try what dkeeton suggested:

On 3/22/2019 at 6:09 AM, dkeeton said:

You would have to set Output (Scaled) Resolution to 1920x1080.

(in OBS Settings)

If you set your desktop resolution to a 4:3 screen ratio (like 800x600 or 1024x768 for example), then watch your second video in full screen, you'll notice that the black bars are gone. So basically, regardless of which screen resolution you use, some people will see the black bars, but some won't, depending on their screen settings.

• Upvote 1

On 3/21/2019 at 5:41 PM, Andy. said:

Set base and output to 1920x1080 then launch ra2yr skirmish and add a game capture source. In the game capture source, you'll enable scaling and set it to 1920x1080.

This video shows you how to do it but it's using 1280x720

https://youtu.be/z90glQPvz5A

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By FunkyFr3sh
      Looking for testers for a new release of TS-DDraw. 

Download: https://github.com/CnCNet/ts-ddraw/releases

Should work for Tiberian Sun, Red Alert 2 and Yuri's Revenge. 

For all those who don't know TS-DDraw, this is what it can do: 
      Working windowed mode without having to change windows to 16bit 
      Makes the game running smooth on Windows XP / 7 / 8 / 10  and wine (Need testers for Vista!) 
      Can fix black screens, invisible menus and other issues

ddraw.zip
    • By Saesch
      Hi at all,
      I can not play yuris revenge on cnc net. I can host a game or join a game and after loading and a few seconds, there is an connection error. 
      I searched a bit in the forums and found a similar problem, but there was the problem, the people were in egypt. But I'm from Germany ;-)
      Now what i tried until now:
      - Virus Protection is Sophos Home Premium, i excluded the whole folder, where the game is installed
      - I added every *.exe in the folder to windows firewall
      - I completely reinstalled the game from origin and cncnet client.
      - Installed everything on my Laptop, no success.
      -> Very interesting: I can play it when only my Computer and Laptop are in the online(!) match. But they are in the same network.
      Maybe it was more, but i can't remember 😅
      There is a log File, i think there is an interesting line (last one):
      08.04. 19:22:36.891    Contacting tunnel at 178.32.35.210:51339
      08.04. 19:22:36.892    Downloading from http://178.32.35.210:51339/request?clients=2
      08.04. 19:22:37.033    Added port 12346
      08.04. 19:22:37.036    Added port 31598
      08.04. 19:22:37.043    SRM: NOTICE #cncnet-yr-game1897848 :START 841920;Saesch;0.0.0.0:12346;(removed player name);0.0.0.0:31598
      Why is there no IP?
      OS is Windows 10 Pro
      CNCnet Version: 4.26
      I will not post hardware details, because i think its not an hardware issue.
      Thanks a lot for your help.
      And sorry for my english🙈
    • By kral
      Dostlar yardım edin lütfen oyun kurmaya maalesef bu hatayı alıştırıcı alıyorum surekli ne yapmam lazım yonetici olarak çalıştırıyorum olmadı  10 64 bit kazan

Friends, please help me to play this error I'm getting this error while trying to do what I did not run as a manager win 10 64 bit PLEASE HELP URGEN
    • By hezi
      How to connect to a private network For example, two players play somewhere else but the same network if anyone knows it will help very much thanks
    • By MrCellophane
      I installed the collection from Origin but every time I run the game, it's super laggy. I have the game speed set at 5 but it runs like if it was at 1 or 2. Every so often, it'll speed up and everything moves fast but that only lasts about 5 seconds and it slows down again. 
      I've ran task manager on the side to keep an eye on the performance. RAM sits usually at about 20% and CPU is at around the 24% mark. I also don't have any other major programs open in the background, not even a Google chrome window open. Only things running are the logitech mouse program for the button mapping and Origin, of course. 
      Set up: Intel i5 4670k, GTX 1060 3gb, 16gb RAM (DDR4), installed in a SanDisk SSD.