CnCNet Forums

Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Andy.

Can't figure out how to get rid of black bar on side of my screen while recording

Question

11 answers to this question

Settings->Video-> Set Base Canvas to 1600x1024 ad Output to 1600x1024

it didn't work, it still has the huge black line on the right side of my screen.

16 minutes ago, Andy. said:

it didn't work, it still has the huge black line on the right side of my screen. 

Watch that video and take a screen shot where the black bar is.

If I upload to YouTube all of this will be black just like in the video I posted in my first post.

test.png

Yeah, because your resolution isn't 16x9, those black bars are added by vlc because you have the window maximized.

OBS can stretch it to 16x9 but I don't think it looks better. You would have to set Output (Scaled) Resolution to 1920x1080.

So is there a way where I can upload these videos to YouTube and not have this huge black bar?

On 3/22/2019 at 9:41 AM, Andy. said:

So is there a way where I can upload these videos to YouTube and not have this huge black bar?

Either choose a 16:9 screen resolution in the game settings and play the game with it, or try what dkeeton suggested:

On 3/22/2019 at 6:09 AM, dkeeton said:

You would have to set Output (Scaled) Resolution to 1920x1080.

(in OBS Settings)

If you set your desktop resolution to a 4:3 screen ratio (like 800x600 or 1024x768 for example), then watch your second video in full screen, you'll notice that the black bars are gone. So basically, regardless of which screen resolution you use, some people will see the black bars, but some won't, depending on their screen settings.

• Upvote 1

On 3/21/2019 at 5:41 PM, Andy. said:

Set base and output to 1920x1080 then launch ra2yr skirmish and add a game capture source. In the game capture source, you'll enable scaling and set it to 1920x1080.

This video shows you how to do it but it's using 1280x720

https://youtu.be/z90glQPvz5A

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By Freaky-Malokai
      I have installed CnCNet Client for RA2 and Yuri's Revenge, but when I open it, the client crashes.
      Is there a fix available? 
      Operating System is Windows 10
    • By FunkyFr3sh
      Command & Conquer 1, Red Alert, Tiberian Sun, Dune 2000 (+ Mods)

Linux (Ubuntu) example:
      sudo apt-get install libmono-system-core4.0-cil mono-runtime wget http://downloads.cncnet.org/cncnet-server.exe nohup mono cncnet-server.exe --name "My cool server" --maxclients 200 --port 50001 > cncnet-server.log &  

Note: Newer Mono versions are bugged and can't be used, please stick to 5.14 or below.

Windows:
      On XP, Vista and 7 make sure .NET 4.0 is installed: https://www.microsoft.com/en-US/download/details.aspx?id=17113
      Download the server and start it: http://downloads.cncnet.org/cncnet-server-gui.exe

Note: Servers are chosen automatically by CnCNet and are only used in case 2 players fail to establish a Peer-To-Peer connection.

Yuris Revenge (+ Mods)

Linux (Ubuntu) example:
      sudo apt-get install default-jre wget http://downloads.cncnet.org/cncnet-tunnel.exe nohup java -jar cncnet-tunnel.exe -name "My cool server" -maxclients 200 -port 50000 -headless > cncnet-tunnel.log &  

Windows:
      Download the server and start it: http://downloads.cncnet.org/cncnet-tunnel.exe

Note:  To use a specific server you'll have to select it via the advanced settings while hosting a game room.

Linux autostart
      crontab -e @reboot nohup mono ~/cncnet-server.exe --name "My cool server" --maxclients 100 --port 50001 > ~/cncnet-server.log &  

The servers will not show up instantly on the website, it can take up to 30 minutes

• By Jape
      First of all, thanks for creating CnCnet, very happy with it!
      I wanted to try ladder games, but I get an error after some time. I click on quick match, minimize. And a few seconds later a popup shows. And the ladder part of the software shuts down. I can see that a game has been started on ladder.cncnet.org.

• By omar_uav
      when ever i try to run the setup it reaches 99% and gives me this message 
      ddraw.dll
      MoveFile failed; code 5.
      Access is denied 

nevermind it worked somehow , it was blocked by both firewall and anti virus 
    • By ascension
      I've played this game in the past and had the same issue and never found a fix. I have changed all the compatibility settings and messed with changing the renderer to ts-ddraw and others. I've also added the videobackbuffer=no to the correct folders. Offline skirmish play is completely fine and this only effects online custom games for me. There is a stutter freeze which only lasts for less than a second but is almost constant making it feel very skippy. The other issue is like a very low FPS issue to where its almost impossible to play. My units move extremely slow and buildings are a pain to build up. 
      Note this is a brand new pc I built within the last 2 months. rtx 2080, ryzen 7 2700x, 32gb ram, m2 ssd etc the pc should not be having any issues with the game, this is the same problem I had on my 10 year old computer.