Is It worth it to spam Tank Destroyers vs Enemy Tanks/Vehicles?

XGalaxyZ

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/20/2021 at 8:53 AM, MapDesigner said:

Well they seem bad vs terror drones.

I would make some vs apocalypse tanks though

Yup and that is why i love spamming my favorite units. Vs the AI ❤️ As i did make 1 elite tank destroyer and have it obtain firepower upgrade From a Crate and it did 1 shot a terror drone. So if we could investigate. How much damage that gives 1 elite tank destroyer they would be WORTH IT! To spam vs Enemy tanks/vehicles. But because i spam tank destroyers vs the AI their! vehicles/tanks I would always WIN! ❤️ :3 I Even do Spam Yuri Brutes! vs the AI Their Prism Tanks! to WIN! :) Because i even made a topic Where i say that Yuri Brutes always WIN! Vs the AI their Prism Tanks. ❤️ As i spam tons of yuri brutes. And defeat everything the enemy throws at them :D 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• 1 month later...

As they do not have a turret, nor do they have omifire, i believe their best usage would be for defence purposes ( or offensive purposes where you will not retreat with other units supporting)

Their role really becomes obsolete late game when BF's and apocs are about

But as they require both AFC and WF and they cost $900, you can clearly see why they are not a popular choice
Especially in an early game capacity 

Edited by bbglas007
  • Upvote 1

On 3/28/2021 at 4:26 AM, bbglas007 said:

As they do not have a turret, nor do they have omifire, i believe their best usage would be for defence purposes ( or offensive purposes where you will not retreat with other units supporting)

Their role really becomes obsolete late game when BF's and apocs are about

But as they require both AFC and WF and they cost $900, you can clearly see why they are not a popular choice
Especially in an early game capacity 

I would safely. say Tank Destroyers. are Good vs AI. Only though. And for defense vs Tanks. As for spamming them against human players. Its definetly not worth doing at all. Btw Tank Destroyers. are still good vs BFs and Apocs. from AI :P As i spam Tank Destroyers. so much vs the AI That they would always LOSE! As i spam BFs full with GGi alongside them too. ❤️ They would still be good for defense vs Rhinos as Grizzly/Lasher Paper Tanks. arent good vs rhinos. :D Also Bryan Vahey did explain. why Tank Destroyers. got big issues. With True Facts. from me that plenty of other options do anti-tank roles. alot better than Tank Destroyers. Once you get enough BF with GGis tank destroyers. Cant do much.

• Upvote 1

ive found that the best thing you can do with a tank destroyer is to attach it to allied IFV or flak track teams via guard area mission. ive got a quite a few full veterancy tank destroyers with 1 click like this and my allies always like me for it, too. though thats about all they are good for imo.

• 4 weeks later...
On 3/31/2021 at 3:12 PM, McPwny said:

ive found that the best thing you can do with a tank destroyer is to attach it to allied IFV or flak track teams via guard area mission. ive got a quite a few full veterancy tank destroyers with 1 click like this and my allies always like me for it, too. though thats about all they are good for imo.

Yup or even better send in IFVs Loaded. with seals and engineers to repair the tank destroyers and handle Terror Drones. XD. I even managed to make rhino tank spam Worser. and make Tank Destroyers win vs them :P As long as one does NOT! Spam only tank destroyers Mass it with prism tanks So TD can shield for the lighter Tier 3 vehicles. And youll be happy vs Mass Tanks. Once tank destroyers focus attacking those ❤️ 

Ok, If superweapons are on don't even bother. HOWEVER, if superweapons are off then a combination of Tank Destroyer's and Prism Tanks  are a really strong combo, ESPECIALLY if you have spied War factory units. And if you are fighting Apocs or even battle Fortresses they are actually pretty good. All you need is rocketeer's as air fodder and use CTRL + Shift while chasing./ They are pretty hard to make work though but I've seen it being done and done it myself a few times. TD's aren't all bad. but they are a huge disadvantage when you have better thing's like BF's and mirage tanks. That is the BEST way to use Tank Destroyer's and even better you only need 4 units. Rocketeer's prism tanks IFV's and Tank Destroyer's. You need to REALLY be knowledgeable on CTRL Shift and how to use it cause otherwise they are useless and you'd be better off making BF's and Mirage Tanks. 

8 hours ago, NizzyStorm said:

Ok, If superweapons are on don't even bother. HOWEVER, if superweapons are off then a combination of Tank Destroyer's and Prism Tanks  are a really strong combo, ESPECIALLY if you have spied War factory units. And if you are fighting Apocs or even battle Fortresses they are actually pretty good. All you need is rocketeer's as air fodder and use CTRL + Shift while chasing./ They are pretty hard to make work though but I've seen it being done and done it myself a few times. TD's aren't all bad. but they are a huge disadvantage when you have better thing's like BF's and mirage tanks. That is the BEST way to use Tank Destroyer's and even better you only need 4 units. Rocketeer's prism tanks IFV's and Tank Destroyer's. You need to REALLY be knowledgeable on CTRL Shift and how to use it cause otherwise they are useless and you'd be better off making BF's and Mirage Tanks. 

:D My Own Hungry Tank Destroyers! always work well. If i place them with prism tanks and alot of other great stuff Xd. I even made them counter rhinos/terror drones so well. With my own IFV Seals. which. handles the drones so great. :P 

To be honest, never seen anyone winning a game vs a equal skilled player and using tank destroyers, and even less when you can have mirages wich are very much better, too much I would say, and they only cost 100$ more.

I'm not telling they cant be useful well managed but, are they worth the cost and the risk you take?

On 5/4/2021 at 6:55 AM, KissMySedonaPass said:

"Is It worth it to spam Tank Destroyers vs Enemy Tanks/Vehicles?"

Short answer: No

Long answer: Hell no

If you take good control with them Then Hell YES! Why?! because vs tanks they pack a pretty powerful punch Plus + spied war factory units Elite Ones are pretty great vs tanks ❤️ Plus mix 2 seal IFVs with them and drones go bye bye along with rhino tanks :D Just give em prisms too :P and IFVs and tank destroyer spammers always win! :D

• Upvote 1

On 5/1/2021 at 11:39 AM, XMaDTanKX aka T-90 said:

To be honest, never seen anyone winning a game vs a equal skilled player and using tank destroyers, and even less when you can have mirages wich are very much better, too much I would say, and they only cost 100$ more.

I'm not telling they cant be useful well managed but, are they worth the cost and the risk you take?

Tank Destroyers win easier Vs Sovs. if you say play on YR and have 2 Seal IFVs to handle the drones. On the vanilla game its not so easy using them Vs Sovs. But mixing them when supers are OFF with mirage/prism and IFVs is awesome. to do

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

They are a bad concepted unit, they might be useful vs. AI yeah...in multiplayer they are probably useful as a defense when mass rhinos try to conquer a small path f.e.., but I'd still prefer BF+GGI.

On my balanced edit I replaced them with chrono-tanks.

3 hours ago, cypher said:

They are a bad concepted unit, they might be useful vs. AI yeah...in multiplayer they are probably useful as a defense when mass rhinos try to conquer a small path f.e.., but I'd still prefer BF+GGI.

On my balanced edit I replaced them with chrono-tanks.

But did you remember to spam Tank Destroyers? correctly? like spam them only vs tanks? And let prism tanks/ifvs and mirages handle the other stuff? Because whenever i spam tons of Hungry Yuri Brutes! vs Prism Tanks! they always WIN! ❤️ The same applies. for Tank Destroyers. since whenever i use them! They will always! succeed! In taking down everything they encounter! ❤️ Since. good control favors the tank destroyers. And once you get elite ones. Any vehicle/tank is done for anyways. :P 

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

I played some maps with @[CC] RaVaGe yesterday where the tank destroyers had more strength. It was interesting. It made me realize how this particular unit had the potential to be useful had Westwood amp'd them just a tad bit. Only thing was, this time i think they were too OP. I wasn't expecting it, so I let my rhinos go in and be slaughtered by em. Oh well, was GGs.

Edited by aWarNoob_sed0na
  • Check 1

On 5/1/2021 at 8:36 AM, bbglas007 said:

Honestly i think TD's should cost 750-800 for what they are

I Disagree. Tank Destroyers. are worth their cost. And if you spied war factory + Add Prisms/IFVs to them they are actually pretty deadly if Supers are turned off. + With Ctrl + Shift like @NizzyStorm Mentioned. they would get better shots off. :D They win easier vs vehicles. on YR. since you can add Seal IFV early on. If someones makes infantry. for them. But on vanilla RA2 they only work well with Prisms in later game :P Tank Destroyers. really only work with good control. Otherwise. your just wasting money. 

On 5/4/2021 at 4:44 AM, Tutankhamun said:

I offer staff to bring tank destroyer buffed, refreshed. It needs to deal damage infantry and buildings DON'T FORGET DRONE!

YURI BRUTES! Also buffed! Cause they are so great! when i use them! :P 

• Upvote 1

It would be interesting if someone played only Germany or any other weaker country and managed to use these bad units to max potential.

TDs have a hidden strength which is that in YR they have a 1x buildtime, while rhinos have 1.3 and grizzlies have 1.5x.  I think buildtime multipliers are a lazy way to balance units on WWs behalf because usability buffs are more effective, feel better and improve the fun of the gameplay using said units.  I think TDs could be decent on maps where there isnt much room to maneuver. 

• 2 months later...
2 hours ago, cc88_06 said:

Combination of them with mirages and repair ifvs would be a brutal force.

Yup and as long As someone Spams and uses Tank Destroyers the right way They can be great to use ❤️ As they arent all too bad With Buffs or Good Management. And you dont need too much Units supporting them Only IFVs/Prisms Tanks :D :3 

On 6/10/2021 at 12:47 PM, [CC] RaVaGe said:

They are.

Always worth spamming? YES! Because! Its important to know When and how the right times are to send them in to smash tanks ❤️ :P 

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/6/2021 at 7:31 PM, Ford (retired) said:

It would be interesting if someone played only Germany or any other weaker country and managed to use these bad units to max potential.

TDs have a hidden strength which is that in YR they have a 1x buildtime, while rhinos have 1.3 and grizzlies have 1.5x.  I think buildtime multipliers are a lazy way to balance units on WWs behalf because usability buffs are more effective, feel better and improve the fun of the gameplay using said units.  I think TDs could be decent on maps where there isnt much room to maneuver. 

:D Its always best to make the underpowered stuff get some decent buffs :P That Way you can spam them and Make them more viable. on certain maps. Or attacks :D Certain Underpowered stuff can be more useful If some good changes are put to them ❤️ 

• Upvote 1