2v2 tourney rules

-AuF- AuFRuLeR

kinky has decided not to be involved with helping run this tourney due to frustrations stemming from the 1v1.

So...there is a poll to vote for yuri or no yuri.

also there will likely be some changes to the rules . He designed some rules but im going to make some things negociable before the start of tourney as far as the format. I think i would rather see some typr of round robin scenerio where every team play every other team at least once maybe twice in at least a double elimination format.

Also I might change the loser chooses map option to something else .

All input here is appreciated and will be considered.

YES. ALLOW YURI.

Honestly, I'm tired of arguing with some people on these forums. Yuri isn't the strongest faction. It's Allied. Then comes Yuri. Soviet is the very last.

I mean, why the fuck are you even playing Yuri's Revenge when you have to have discussions whether Yuri is allowed or not?

Hypocrisy at its best...

Some people are really dumb.

Just a hint for some of you: If you're either too dumb for Yuri's Revenge don't like playing it or prefer Red Alert 2, then maybe (just maybe) you should consider playing Red Alert 2...

I really feel sorry for some people on these games.

I think you will need to take into account

a) How many teams you want/think will sign up (I imagine 8 would be the ideal amount).

b) Time for the tournament to last

A round robin where every team plays each team in a series is wishful thinking just like a manual clan ladder tournament for a month long extravaganza.

The best possible tournament is a straight up, 8 team tournament, where every competitor knows exactly who they need to face to advance. This provides closure and quickness to the tournament.

A nice addition to this (that isn't to overwhelming for everybody involved) is a loser's bracket or to make the tournament double elimination.

This would be my ideal case: http://www.printyourbrackets.com/8teamdoubleelimination.html

This way, every team is guaranteed at least 2 series vs two different opponents. It's not overwhelming to the streamers and the 4 people involved.

IF you want the tournament to be a success, you need to do it this way instead of a killer month long battle with 100's of games. "Ain't nobody got time for dat."

As we've already seen from the lack of activity in the sign up thread, rules thread, and the recent dilemma in the 1on1 thread, things won't progress unless it's very simple to understand. (Think about how long the 1on1 tourney has gone and how much frustration has gone into it from the creator to try to get people to play, now DOUBLE this frustration with trying to get 4 competitors +1 streamer online at the same time for a long series).

As for rules:

- I like the idea that loser picks map from a selected map pool. Now, I think the map pool should be lowered than it originally was, just because these series are series to 5 instead of series to 7 and I'd like to see more 'professional' level games instead of playing on some random map.

-I think Yuri should be allowed, won't really go into further detail, I just see no reason to not allow it when both sides could have yuri. If you want, limit it to 1 yuri per team at most (this way, we won't get borefest from 2on2 all yuri teams).

TLDR: Double elimination tournament, 8 total teams (make sure they have a good reputation), and get it going!

YES. ALLOW YURI.

Honestly, I'm tired of arguing with some people on these forums. Yuri isn't the strongest faction. It's Allied. Then comes Yuri. Soviet is the very last.

I mean, why the fuck are you even playing Yuri's Revenge when you have to have discussions whether Yuri is allowed or not?

Hypocrisy at its best...

Just a hint for some of you: If you're either too dumb for Yuri's Revenge don't like playing it or prefer Red Alert 2, then maybe (just maybe) you should consider playing Red Alert 2...

I really feel sorry for some people on these games.

oh no she went all rude n mad.

alexis u lil dirty naughty biatch, hehehe.

date me?!

I would agree with prep almost 100%.

Double elimination/lower bracket incase of unfair matchup from the offset, least they still got a chance to get back at their opponent at the finals.

1yuri max per team - some of the yr vs yr match ups been mentally boring

More 'pro' maps but limit to less maps and stick with loser picks but cs first or something

To be fair, there are differences between Vanilla and YR other than the addition of the Yuri faction.

yes, a shed load of them!!!

eco, new units, speed of buying units, damage of some units vs others to name a few (damage TO & vs desos to name one obvious one) ....

Hypocrisy at its best...

Just a hint for some of you: If you're either too dumb for Yuri's Revenge don't like playing it or prefer Red Alert 2, then maybe (just maybe) you should consider playing Red Alert 2....

I think this is the first time ive said this but i completely agree with everything here.