Creating teams, with existing units

Red Alert 1 mission creation:

I am trying to create a team using the 2 rangers in the screenshot below, which will be triggered when the player enters the base via the west.

I have followed the instructions that come with the editor using the examples provided but cant seem to get it to work.

These are the trigger/team lines i have so far which is no different from what is in the examples/tutorials

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Name:      Ranger1
Owner:     Special
Existence: temporary (any linked event -> switch, destroy)
Type:      simple (event1 => action1 [+ action2])

Event 1:   Entered by...Multi1

Action 1:  Create Team... Ranger1
Action 2:  Reinforcement (team)... Ranger1

Linked to: CellTriggers - 1
           Units - 2

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Name:     Ranger1
Owner:    Special
Priority: 7
Max:      0
Num:      0
WayPoint: 30

Team:     Ranger                2

Orders:   0 Move to waypoint... 30
          1 Move to waypoint... 31

Options:  Charge toward target ignoring distractions.

Linked triggers: Ranger1
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

trying to get them to patrol a road north and die in an ambush starting another trigger to lead the player to their next objective.

im probably missing something but i just cant find out how to make this work

Team creating.png

currently the rangers just sit there and do nothing, still cant figure this one out

Edited by InfraredEcho

It doesn't matter if the trigger is linked to the units.

- Make sure, the unit's mode is "guard". everthing else doesn't work. 

- Entered by "Multi1" may be another reason. I don't know if this trigger event works with multi houses.

- Triggers in official RA missions have a maximum of  only 4 characters. I never tested if more than 4 work anyway.

Are there more than one rangers on the map?

Edited by Messiah

15 hours ago, Messiah said:

It doesn't matter if the trigger is linked to the units.

- Make sure, the unit's mode is "guard". everthing else doesn't work. 

- Entered by "Multi1" may be another reason. I don't know if this trigger event works with multi houses.

- Triggers in official RA missions have a maximum of  only 4 characters. I never tested if more than 4 work anyway.

Are there more than one rangers on the map?

-do you mean the unit on the map or the unit in the team defining window? units as they are on the map are in guard mode

-not sure if or why it would be unique to various triggers, but i have quite a few other triggers that work with multi1 fine

-they are the only rangers on the map

On the map. Usually the game picks that unit most close to the waypoint. You can remove the ...move to waypoint 30 scriptline because your units are already there. How far is waypoint 31 away? It might be a too long distance or complicated way.

I remember there was an issue that CellTriggers won't work with Multi houses. I usually avoid these multi houses in SP missions generally, as they don't have a defined side and sometimes have a weird behavior. Use Spain or Special instead.

• 2 months later...
On 3.6.2017 at 6:12 PM, Messiah said:

On the map. Usually the game picks that unit most close to the waypoint. You can remove the ...move to waypoint 30 scriptline because your units are already there. How far is waypoint 31 away? It might be a too long distance or complicated way.

I remember there was an issue that CellTriggers won't work with Multi houses. I usually avoid these multi houses in SP missions generally, as they don't have a defined side and sometimes have a weird behavior. Use Spain or Special instead.

I wrote my problem into an another section, but luckily i found this topic. In my map, there is three 1TNK placed on Guard -mode with teamtypes and they get confused. Have you ever encountered same kind of problems?

• 2 weeks later...