Yuri's Revenge QM Map's Topic

ZiGZaG

As of Yesterday we are now able to have any amount of map's possible in QM, I (with input from other's) have put a large mix of map's into qm to get thing's started. This is the current Map list, ive tried to include a mix of Ra2 and Yuri's Revenge Map's, to hopefully please the majority.

If there are any map's you want changed, spots edited, removed, added etc please post in this topic explaining what and why.

March 2018 Map List

Map Allied's Soviet Yuri

Dune Patrol * * *
Dry Heat * * *
Offense Defense * * *
Heartland * * *
Montana DMZ * * *
Country Swing * * *
No Wimps * * *
Dustbowl * * *
Hidden Valley * * *
Divide and Conquer * * *
Caverns of Siberia * * *
Double Trouble * * *
Heck Freezes Over (Y/S/A) (1 vs 3) * * *
Coldest Peak * * *
Sahara Mirage * * *
Snow Valley * * Mirror
Official Tournament Map B * * Mirror
Jungle of Vietnam * * Mirror
Tour of Egypt * * Mirror
May Day * * Mirror
Depth Charge * * Mirror
Roundhouse Kick * * Mirror
Yin-yang * * Mirror
Death Valley Girl * * Mirror
Stormy Weather * * Mirror
Morningtide * * Mirror
Pirate Bay * * Mirror
Meatgrinder * * Mirror
Hammer and Sickle * * Mirror
North Waves * * Mirror
Paris Revisited * * Mirror
Face Down * * Mirror
South Pacific * * Mirror
Bull Run * * Mirror
Strobe * * Mirror
Blood Feud * * Mirror
Valley of Gems * * Mirror
Thin Ice * * Mirror
Tsunami * * Mirror
Lowlands * * Mirror
City Under Siege * * Mirror
Ice Age * * Mirror
Lakeside * * Mirror
Heck Freezes Over TvT * * Mirror
Heck Freezes Over BvB * * Mirror
Heck Freezes Over RvR * * Mirror
Heck Freezes Over LvL * * Mirror
New Height's * * Mirror
River Rampage * * Mirror
Sovereign Land * * Mirror
Twin Peaks * * Mirror
Ground Zero * * Mirror
Golden State Valley * * Mirror
Lake Blitzen * * Mirror

Edited by ZiGZaG
  • Upvote 1

Those are fantastic map suggestions. 

You know what would be really cool, to have a "Did you enjoy this map? Y/N option after you play the map. Maybe remove any maps after a month or two with significant downvotes. 

Also, Y v A/S on hidden valley is a joke.

Nice to see such a large map list. No problems at all with Soviets/Allieds maps.

Yuri vs. Soviets on Double Trouble is my highest concern.

Not a fan of Hidden valley vs. Yuri either.

Mild dislike of Dustbowl vs. Yuri

Not sure how I feel about No wimps vs. yuri. Not horrid but not enjoyable either.

Heck vs. Yuri as soviets is also a pain in the ass. No problem for allies tho.

I would probably vote "No" to these 5 scenarios, but only have a strong opinion on Double Trouble. 

Edited by XXxPrePxX
Clarification: Yuri vs. Allieds on Double Trouble is good, but Yuri vs. Soviets on DT is bad.

36 minutes ago, XXxPrePxX said:

Nice to see such a large map list. No problems at all with Soviets/Allieds maps.

Yuri vs. S/A on Double Trouble is my highest concern.

Not a fan of Hidden valley vs. Yuri either.

Mild dislike of Dustbowl vs. Yuri

Not sure how I feel about No wimps vs. yuri. Not horrid but not enjoyable either.

Heck vs. Yuri as soviets is also a pain in the ass. No problem for allies tho.

I would probably vote "No" to these 5 scenarios, but only have a strong opinion on Double Trouble. 

I would have thought double trouble would be one of the easiest maps to play against yuri on? I would say the same for Heck given its size. Hidden Valley I can understand, can you explain your issues with the other's? There are only 15 map's for A/S vs YR currently out of the 55 map's we have, Heck and Dustbowl have been trialled out many times in the past and seem to work out ok against the Yuri Faction to my knowledge. Perhaps you could suggest some other's to replace some with?

Edited by ZiGZaG
  • Like 1

Heck vs. Yuri is fine with allieds because that plays well into their game for the most part (long, big maps, with enough resources for allieds to get to tech units). But for soviets it's a bit of headache. The length of map means it's more difficult to consistently pressure the Yuri with IC+land units and the cliffs make attacking yuri with tanks incredibly hard (due to magnetrons). The addition that slave miners take the middle is another problem for soviets. I wouldn't call this map incredibly overpowered to the point where I wouldn't even consider it, but it's not enjoyable to play on as soviets vs. yuri.

As for Double Trouble, once again, allieds can play this map well vs. yuri to some extent. Enough resources and defense for the allied team to get to their tech units and have a game against yuri, but soviets have an incredibly hard time attacking yuri over the long cliffs. Kind of a similar situation to Heck here as yuri is locked away in a cliff induced camp with tons of gems and super weapons and the soviet player has to find out a way to get from his base to yuri's base without running into a problem. Just a headache for the soviet player.

Dustbowl really helps out yuri with the buildings+initiates and it's a map that magnetrons can run wild on due to the buildings/trees/rocks/small river. Always had games on this map where I was yelling at the screen. The one good thing about this map is that as soviet I can usually take all 4 oil derricks against any average yuri player. That, at least, helps. Once again, not absolutely awful, but if we are trying to balance the maps it just doesn't sit right.

So, Heck: YvA  and DT YvA I don't have an issue with. Heck YvS I only have a small issue with. DT YvS I have a larger problem with. Dustbowl YvS/A is kind of in the same vein as hidden valley for me. Sure, it can be done, but man it's frustrating. 

I don't have other maps to replace those, yuri maps are very hard to find that are balanced and I'd have to do a lot of digging to try. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, XXxPrePxX said:

Heck vs. Yuri is fine with allieds because that plays well into their game for the most part (long, big maps, with enough resources for allieds to get to tech units). But for soviets it's a bit of headache. The length of map means it's more difficult to consistently pressure the Yuri with IC+land units and the cliffs make attacking yuri with tanks incredibly hard (due to magnetrons). The addition that slave miners take the middle is another problem for soviets. I wouldn't call this map incredibly overpowered to the point where I wouldn't even consider it, but it's not enjoyable to play on as soviets vs. yuri.

As for Double Trouble, once again, allieds can play this map well vs. yuri to some extent. Enough resources and defense for the allied team to get to their tech units and have a game against yuri, but soviets have an incredibly hard time attacking yuri over the long cliffs. Kind of a similar situation to Heck here as yuri is locked away in a cliff induced camp with tons of gems and super weapons and the soviet player has to find out a way to get from his base to yuri's base without running into a problem. Just a headache for the soviet player.

Dustbowl really helps out yuri with the buildings+initiates and it's a map that magnetrons can run wild on due to the buildings/trees/rocks/small river. Always had games on this map where I was yelling at the screen. The one good thing about this map is that as soviet I can usually take all 4 oil derricks against any average yuri player. That, at least, helps. Once again, not absolutely awful, but if we are trying to balance the maps it just doesn't sit right.

So, Heck: YvA  and DT YvA I don't have an issue with. Heck YvS I only have a small issue with. DT YvS I have a larger problem with. Dustbowl YvS/A is kind of in the same vein as hidden valley for me. Sure, it can be done, but man it's frustrating. 

I don't have other maps to replace those, yuri maps are very hard to find that are balanced and I'd have to do a lot of digging to try. 

Im sorry but i disagree with you regarding SvY on all 3 of these map's.

Heck - Given the size of heck its very easy to camp yourself, get your superweapons, split and put yuri under real pressure, (ive put the spots 1 vs 3 to make it easier to defend your miners) also the length of time it takes yuri to get to your base on heck gives you plenty of time to counter/block with deso's, i notice you said land unit's, obviously ignoring the best offense vs Yuri, Siege are incredible on Heck, its one of the best map's to use them on. Deploy them on your own cliff's and your camp is stronger than yuri's. But even if you dont use siege, you can easily attack in waves by splitting rhino's getting close and using the IC. I think you underestimate how much weaker Yuri becomes on a map this size.

Double trouble - I understand your point about Cliff's here, but again, you have those gems and that same ability to camp? Its a pretty open map that is easy to get your superweapons on, the way you explain this is like your going to spam rhinos and charge, and yea the cliff's would make that difficult but the same can be said for yuri against tesla coils/siege choppers deployed? You would most likelly win the middle buildings here, between using them and building off your oil's this allows you to defend yourself with relative ease. It works both way's i reckon.

Cavern's of Siberia, Coldest peak and Dry Heat are heavilly cliffed map's with the same issue's yet you haven't mentioned them, why not? 

Dustbowl - This has always been imo the 2nd best map to play SvY on, only sahara mirage is easier. The fact you will most likelly win all 4 oils puts you at a huge advantage against yuri, it allows you to outproduce and get superweapons much faster than your opponent, filling buildings yourself seriously slows the yuri down, combined with using deso camp this map is actually a nightmare for Yuri, its one of the few map's that balances out the genetic mutator aslong as you keep your oils.

I would say Dune patrol, Dry Heat and offense Defense are much harder than any of these map's.

Edited by ZiGZaG
  • Like 1

Caverns + Coldest Peak I'm not too familiar with. I honestly don't have an image of those maps in my mind. When I think of them, I think they are smaller maps and the cliffs aren't as important. I could be wrong there tho. Just unfamiliar with them.

Dry heat is small enough to wear desos can rule the map. Never had too big of an issue there.

Anyway, let's give others a chance to comment and not derail the tread. Thanks for putting this together and getting this loaded map list in.

• Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, XXxPrePxX said:

Caverns + Coldest Peak I'm not too familiar with. I honestly don't have an image of those maps in my mind. When I think of them, I think they are smaller maps and the cliffs aren't as important. I could be wrong there tho. Just unfamiliar with them.

Dry heat is small enough to wear desos can rule the map. Never had too big of an issue there.

Anyway, let's give others a chance to comment and not derail the tread. Thanks for putting this together and getting this loaded map list in.

Cavern's and Coldest Peak are huge map's around the same size as heck lol.

Funny I always found Dry Heat one of the hardest map's to play against yuri on, different styles i guess.

This is the point of the thread mate, find out what and why and make changes from there. Im merely trying to understand your reasoning.

Forgot to mention there are 7 veto's available currently so you could always veto those ones.

Edited by ZiGZaG

I agree with Zigzag, more the map is big; harder it is for Yuri player.

One of the weakness of Yuri's Faction is the speed. They are very slow. As you need Mag/MM/disc to protect your army, you have to wait for them; Use the speed of your unit as advantage (rhino / mirage).

That's why  i think some other maps could be added : TOE; all HECK scenario (T v T can be hard; but the other seems ok to me);

GSValley is not GSF right ? because GSF is OK vs Yuri.

Some maps could be used also; why no : Hammer and Sickle ?

South Pacific : any map with oils are bad for Yuri. Once you pass the boomer rush it can be interesting. Not easy but it can be challenging. Maybe to test some FFG on it and see.

Lake Blitzen : bottom vs top Right i think it's OK. Yuri needs alot time to reach to your base; you have 2 ways to attack/split. You can control oils. And the bridge avoid the boomer rush. it was a WOL map and i never saw ppl complaining about it.

Why BF is OFF ???? And DP yes ? Cause of the little cliff and mag ? I played lot of times in this map as allied/sov it's completly playable.

What i see is that the Yuri can annoy the second patch; but for yuri it's hard to mine the second patch; miners has to deploy bottom of the cliff; the slave takes 1 hour to mine and go back. you are screwed the time to open the patch. It's the time for Sov to get IC ready: or Allied to get BF and push out of the second patch the Yuri's army. For sure you will be under pressure to resist as on DP. All depends about your skill.

2 minutes ago, XXxPrePxX said:

River rampage is pretty fucked up Allied vs. Soviet, no? Soviet has massive advantage, methinks. Either way, idc sine it is a nice map, but just posting for opinions.

in my experience it works the other way around. Narrow entrance makes easy camp, allies win the water easy, aircraft carrier's n sovs are screwed

1 minute ago, ZiGZaG said:

in my experience it works the other way around. Narrow entrance makes easy camp, allies win the water easy, aircraft carrier's n sovs are screwed

With SW off, perhaps the camp would work brilliantly, but with SW on all it takes is 1-2 desos to kill dolphins thus soviet owns sea and a 5 minute IC is just brutal there. A small deso push + ic tanks every 5 minutes is GG there.

But again, just based off one quick game and my very low current level of allied play.

39 minutes ago, XXxPrePxX said:

With SW off, perhaps the camp would work brilliantly, but with SW on all it takes is 1-2 desos to kill dolphins thus soviet owns sea and a 5 minute IC is just brutal there. A small deso push + ic tanks every 5 minutes is GG there.

But again, just based off one quick game and my very low current level of allied play.

1-2 dolphins kills naval yard or seal/tanya lol then just mass AC, can go either way i dont think its imba personally.

Edited by ZiGZaG

River rampage is very balanced sov v allied, a decent allied play will never let you get navy so you have to defend allied navy on that map.

if you don't believe me go play someone like marsh he knows how to win on that map.

if two players on the same level played the sov will never win without sw. ive tested this before vs maybe marsh or someone eles.

Edited by [nra]Buffalo

• 2 weeks later...

The spawn position's on the majority of map's (not all) have now been set to 0,0 meaning you should get a random start on 4-8 player map's with your opponent starting opposite you rather than the previous designated positions.

• Upvote 1

• ZiGZaG unpinned this topic