Red Dawn (RA-1)

Allen262

It's the latest version of Red Dawn - the C&CNet versions of both RA and C&C seem to be fine. 

- Also I've noticed that saving will stop crates from appearing in skirmish games and cause tib not to regrow. 

Provided you can get into the menu and reload, this will sometimes fix SOME of the ore/tib fields and some times cause crates to start working again. 

It's really odd.  

Edited by Drewpants

RD like CnCNet at the time use 2 exe. ra95.exe is for the single player and stock skirmish and ra95-spawn.exe for the CnCNet skirmish and online play. Depending on how you are playing skirmish you may be able to grab the ra95-spawn.exe from a current CnCNet version.

You can also try using an more up to date ddraw.dll/ddraw.ini. The RedDawnConfig.exe should still work with it I think. If not you can also copy over the RedAlertConfig.exe and rename it too.

Far as I know the ra95.exe I use was edited by Iran and has code that wasn't ever ported to the CnCNet .exes so It can't be change/updated as it would break things in the single player missions.

Maybe an update of the ddraw.dll/ddraw.ini. would fix menu problem. As for saving skirmish games bugs. This may have been a bug from back than as the stock game didn't let you save skirmish games and it may have been fixed in the last 9-ish years.

Moving the files over seems to have helped, although i also had to move mpgdll.dll. 

As an aside, I even got the mod running on the Steam Deck, although I'm seeing screen lock-ups so I'll copy the files over there too and see if that helps. 

• 6 months later...