Red Dawn (RA-1)

Allen262

The ricochet or "Explosion" that any weapon uses when it hits the ground is done by warhead. The Commando sniper rifle uses the organic warhead that dosen't do damage to any armored unit and has no ricochet or "Explosion" attached to it as the organic warhead is also used by the Dog Bite and Medic heal. You should be able to find a money crate around the map for Allied/GDI 3.

He used a "Super" or "organic" (I forget which) warhead type which does 0% dmg to anything except infantry, so the truck would no longer react to being shot.

"Super" is for superweapons (originally made for the ion cannon in C&C1). It does 100% to everything. Organic is the one used for the dog, and in C&C1 for the blossom tree's spray. That one only hurts "organic" beings, aka, armour level 0.

In TD the Commando sniper rifle used HollowPoint and did 100% damage to infantry, %8 damage to wood, light armor, heavy armor and %0 to concrete. With Red Dawn I need the HollowPoint warhead for the Ion Cannon. I had to do this as I needed the HollowPoint warhead to "play" the Ion Cannon strike.

Each warhead can "play" 1 of 7 types of "Explosion" (0=none, 1=piff (single bullet hitting the ground), 2=piffs (many bullet hitting the ground), 3=fire (flamethower), 4=frags (armor piercing tank fire), 5=pops (grenade and and other high explosive), 6=nuke (plays nuke animation and damage all units with in 6 squares of center).

In Red Dawn 1=piff now plays the piffs animation of many bullet hitting the ground and the piffs is used for the the Ion Cannon strike. Now with the HollowPoint warhead only being used by the Ion Cannon (Spy Plane) I had to change the Commando sniper rifle to Organic that only hurt infantry or change it to SA (small arms fire) but SA would make the Commando realy over powered as SA (small arms fire) dose 100 damage to infantry,50% damage to wood,56% damage to light armor,25% damage to heavy armor,25% damage to concrete.

With SA (small arms fire) warhead being to strong for Commando I had to change the warhead to Organic and edit any missions that the Commando (Tanya) had to shoot a vehicle.

SUPER is used for Obelisk Laser (Red Dawn)/Tesla coil zap (stock RA1) and it is used for the Spy Plane camera in RA1. The Spy Plane camera is also used by reveal around waypoint (this is not the same as the Drop Zone flare reveal).

Nuke uses it own warhead ([Nuke]). It is the same as fire but for it has the has the nuke animation attached to it.

Ahh right. Ion cannon and Laser use it. I forgot about that one.

But, um, warheads don't have animations (except the infantry death stuff). They're just damage balancing.

(I tried to make a separate Nuke warhead in C&C, but unfortunately the "this warhead sets stuff on fire" logic is hardcoded on ID #3 all throughout the game :S)

In RA1 each warhead has a have a "Explosion" attached to it and it wil play it when the weapon hits the ground, unit and/or building.

; Spread = damage spread factor [larger means greater spread] (def=1)

;          [A value of 1 means the damage is halved every pixel distant from center point.

;          a value of 2 means damage is halved every 2 pixels, etc.]

; Wall = Does this warhead damage concrete walls (def=no)?

; Wood = Does this warhead damage wood walls (def=no)?

; Ore = Does this warhead destroy ore (def=no)?

; Verses = damage value verses various armor types (as percentage of full damage)...

;          -vs- none, wood (buildings), light armor, heavy armor, concrete

; Explosion = which explosion set to use when warhead of this type impacts (def=0)

;            0=none, 1=piff, 2=piffs, 3=fire, 4=frags, 5=pops, 6=nuke

; InfDeath = which infantry death animation to use (def=0)

;            0=instant die, 1=twirl die, 2=explodes, 3=flying death, 4=burn death, 5=electro

; high explosive (shrapnel)

[HE]

Spread=6

Wall=yes

Wood=yes

Verses=90%,75%,60%,25%,100%

Explosion=5

InfDeath=2

• 3 months later...

What map and what skrimish? CnCNet Skrimish or RA1 Skrimish?

Ah there's a good question. It was a RA1 Skirmish on one of the Mega 8-Player maps. I can't remember the exact map at present and I'm at work so I can't check yet. I have saved the game, so I can check later and get back to you. Interestingly, saving the mission and exiting the game did not fix the issues, which normally fixes any similar bugs.

What map and what skrimish? CnCNet Skrimish or RA1 Skrimish?

Ah there's a good question. It was a RA1 Skirmish on one of the Mega 8-Player maps. I can't remember the exact map at present and I'm at work so I can't check yet. I have saved the game, so I can check later and get back to you. Interestingly, saving the mission and exiting the game did not fix the issues, which normally fixes any similar bugs.

Okay also side/Country you are may help.

• 10 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 10 months later...

awesome mod!!!
can i know is there any way to reduce or turn off that money ticking sound? the sound it makes when u build something. its too loud...much louder than other sounds for some reason

and how come theres no music? do i have to download the covert ops music pack?

Edited by pugking

• 1 year later...

Well now that Comm Center/CnCnet will let me do a password reset after years of being unable to get a email from them....

I updated the links to have OneDrive links as it looks like the dropbox links don't work for anyone but me now. Other than that nothing is changed. No plans to come back to this unless there is a major breakthrough with the ra1 engine being opened up more.

• 2 years later...
On 5/29/2020 at 10:19 PM, Allen262 said:

Well now that Comm Center/CnCnet will let me do a password reset after years of being unable to get a email from them....

I updated the links to have OneDrive links as it looks like the dropbox links don't work for anyone but me now. Other than that nothing is changed. No plans to come back to this unless there is a major breakthrough with the ra1 engine being opened up more.

Hey. Since this last post, the source code for Red Alert has been released when the remasters were published. I was wondering whether you considered returning to this mod? It's an impressive project.

On 8/31/2022 at 4:50 AM, TaxOwlbear said:

Hey. Since this last post, the source code for Red Alert has been released when the remasters were published. I was wondering whether you considered returning to this mod? It's an impressive project.

When RA1 supports new sides, units and super weapons .etc I will.

• 9 months later...